Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,902 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

James Bond Star Roger Moore Dies At 89 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / James Bond Star Roger Moore Dies At 89 (397 Views)

James Bond Star, George Lazenby, Boasts About Bedding More Than A Thousand Women / “james Bond” Star Sir Roger Moore Dies At 89 / Sir Roger Moore Is Dead, "James Bond" Actor Dies At 89 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

James Bond Star Roger Moore Dies At 89 by mztemmytope: 5:39pm On May 23, 2017
Former James Bond star, Roger Moore has died after a battle with cancer, his family confirmed Tuesday. He was 89.
Moore, who epitomised James Bond in seven films from 1973 to 1985, died in Switzerland “after a short but brave” cancer fight, according to a statement released by his three children.

“The love with which he was surrounded in his final days was so great it cannot be quantified in words alone,” said Moore’s kids, Deborah, Geoffrey and Christian.

“Thank you, Pops for being you and for being so very special to so many people.” The blue-eyed London-born actor was approached to play Bond but his schedule filming TV shows never allowed him to commit. It was only when Sean Connery stepped down that Moore agreed to take on the role of 007, filming his first Bond movie “Live and Let Die” in 1973 and “The Spy Who Loved Me” four years later.

He retired from the iconic role in 1985 as the longest-running actor to play the British secret service agent. “Being eternally known as Bond has no downside. People often call me Mr Bond when we’re out and I don’t mind a bit. Why would I?” Moore told The Guardian in 2014.

Read more at: http://therenaissanceng.com/james-bond-star-roger-moore-dies-at-89

Re: James Bond Star Roger Moore Dies At 89 by menxer: 6:43pm On May 23, 2017
OP, that picture is definitely not Roger Moore.

(1) (Reply)

2face Idibia Pledges Huge Donation To Idps / Gov. Ajimobi's Daughter, Jibola Ajayi's Twin Boys Celebrate Their 1st Birthday / E-money Is Not Into Drugs – Kcee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.