Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Top Investments To Make Before The End Of 2017 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top Investments To Make Before The End Of 2017 (689 Views)

Lady Loses Her Life Investments To Flood In Nibo, Anambra (Pictures) / Top 5 Investments To Consider In 2020 / What Are Best Online Investments To Make In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Investments To Make Before The End Of 2017 by reallions(m): 8:24pm On May 23, 2017
Investment is simply the art of putting one's resources to work with the expectation of greater returns on whatever the asset invested is. Investment can be put into 2 categories:

1. Active Investment
2. Passive Investment

While active investment demands the investor's effort in putting the money to work, the latter doesn't. The advantage of active investment over passively made investment is that while the former is under the investor's control, the latter isn't. An active investor can easily withdraw his investment if he notices anything is about to go wrong with the investment made: but it is not the same with passive investment.

However, a passive investment in the hands of a skillful investor is better than that kept in the hand of a non-skillful active one.

There are times in our lives when we are faced with a crossroad. We reach valleys of decision such as: the choice of school to attend, the choice of whom to marry or the choice of business to start. But how tasking can it also be sometimes, when we are to decide on the choice of investment to make?

I decided to create this write-up bearing in mind the numerous clients that have come my way in recent times, requesting to be guided on how to invest safely, with a guarantee of good returns. Such clients get me smiling because I could feel exactly what they are going through at such moments.

I could remember how that during my undergraduate days, I was able to gather some good few thousands of Naira from the business I was doing as a student. All that was running through my mind then was how to put that cash to work and earn massive turn over in the shortest time. Alas, all ideas seem lost at that moment, as the only option I had was to approach a bank to "fix" my money: I think the experience I had approaching a bank for that purpose, birthed the special dislike I now have for banks till date.

"I approached the customer service desk majestically with a massive air of confidence all over me, as I sat down looking straight at the cute and tall lady at the desk, I gave a lavish smile, admiring the goddess of beauty that sat before me. Well, don't blame my eyes for the inability to shudder whenever they sight anything good. I didn't know how lost I was until the sweet professional 'customer service' voice revived me back to self-awareness..."Hello gentleman, How may I help you?'"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm not aware if she knows I've been starring at her all the while but I definitely know that I enjoyed every moment. To cut the story short, I adjusted myself with dignity, obviously proud of the big amount of money I was about to 'fix.' So, I cleared my throat and asked her how much I stand to gain as interest, peradventure I decide to fix my one hundred thousand naira with the bank. The lady smiled politely and asked: "for how long are you fixing sir?" I cleared my throat again and asked her what to expect if I'm to fix for 12months.

I sincerely expected a huge figure, but the next answer was a rude shock to me. You want to know what her answer was? N8000! I instantly felt like Joseph the dreamer. I stood up in disbelief and reluctantly
told her "thank you, I'll be back soonest."

I was even more surprised few years down the line when a good friend of mine told me of how a particular bank paid her an interest of just N5000 on her investment of N250000 for 12 months! Truth is, I have decided never to consider banks as an investment option ever again, because if banks could offer me less than 8% interest in the whole of 12 months, then I'll rather give my grandma in the village the same amount of money: in spite of how uneducated she is, I can vouch that her business prowess will make much more than 8% in interest in a whole year!

Since I left the bank that day, I've been doing lots of research on how best to invest and where to invest for best returns and I stand bold today to say that, just like eureka, I've finally found it!

Therefore, in the next couple of weeks, I shall be guiding us through the path of right investments and as we travel this journey together, and you'll be glad to find with me what I also found. But before I conclude today, let me quickly give us a hint on vital questions to ask before jumping off to make any investment:

1. Is my capital guaranteed? - Safety Net
2. How good is the rate on investment (ROI)?- Lucrativeness
3. For how long can I conveniently invest? - Time
4. What level of risk is involved? - Risk Factor
5. Is this the best alternative? Choice

I encourage you not to miss the next episode as I shall be unveiling the topmost, great yield investment I advise you to make before this year closes.

Till we meet again, I remain "the writer that impacts and the impacter that writes: follow me on the link in my signature

- Reallionaire, 2017

1 Like

Re: Top Investments To Make Before The End Of 2017 by donifez(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2017
I am following you on this.

1 Like

Re: Top Investments To Make Before The End Of 2017 by RealLordZeus(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2017
Let me Park here also, very informative

1 Like

Re: Top Investments To Make Before The End Of 2017 by ucboy4: 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
Hi, can I have your number. I need further information about Eureka

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

T Shirt Business / Data Resellers Needed / Are Nigerian Banks Useless? - Irokotv CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.