Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com (2066 Views)

Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Meaning Of ‘I Chigo Ichie’ In Igbo And Japanese Languages -igbodefender.com / Why The Igbo Will Also Commemorate Their Queen Moremi Ajesoro - Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 4:11am On May 24, 2017
Like the Owu descendants of Obatala, who was the Osere Igbo of the halcyon Ile Ife fame the Oguta people of Imo State in today’s Igbo land have a festival called Owu Festival. Another name for it is the Okoshi Festival.  This is one of the festivals the Owu in today’s Yoruba Land also have.

The Oguta People have Osere title, which is one of the ancient titles Obatala had. Also, the Oguta People of Igbo Land have the Iyasare title, while the Ugbo People of today’s Yoruba Land (who are also aborigines of Ile Ife) have the Yasere title. These ‘coincidences’ cannot be dismissed as mere coincidences.

There is a deep link somewhere.Obatala is called the Sky Father in Yoruba history, while the Oguta Igbo people of today’s Igbo Land call their King Eze-Igwe, which means King of the Sky. The Oguta People have the same Eze Chima tradition of the Anioma People of Delta and Rivers. And we have said here that Eze Chima was a Lukumi Prince of Ile Ife, who was also titular Prince of Benin during the Ogiso times.

Add to this mix the recent statement that the Olowu of Owu made: to the effect that there are Owu Communities in today’s Igbo Land, and we can see that it is not a mystery: the Oguta People are one of the Igbo aborigines of Ile Ife also known as the mythical Lukumi, whose ancient tongue is only spoken in Aniocha in Igbo Land.

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2017/05/23/the-oguta-igbo-people-are-one-of-the-lukumi-aborigines-of-ile-ife/

2 Likes

Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 24, 2017
Igwe of Onitsha has just confirmed what Igbodefender.com has been saying: Igbos were the aborigines of Ile Ife. I disagree with the part where he said Olugbo is not one of the aborigines. The Ugbo are in fact one of the aborigines. Ooni of Ife is the guardian of all Ife indegienes today, whether aboriginal (Oluyare) or children of Oduduwa The Great.

The Obi said he read a book that convinced him. https://www.amazon.com/History-Igbo-World-Ancient-Civilization-ebook/dp/B01K4AIUO8
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by RedboneSmith(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2017
He didn't confirm it. He said he saw it in a book. Probably the book you authored. So congratulations to you; you have a high-profile near-convert. smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Probz(m): 5:09pm On May 24, 2017
Now I know you've gone mad.

1 Like

Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 24, 2017
Probz:
Now I know you've gone mad.
At the end of the day, that is just your opinion. Next.
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 24, 2017
RedboneSmith:
He didn't confirm it. He said he saw it in a book. Probably the book you authored. So congratulations to you; you have a high-profile near-convert. smiley smiley
No comment. smiley
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by slurryeye2: 8:07pm On May 24, 2017
igbodefender:
Like the Owu descendants of Obatala, who was the Osere Igbo of the halcyon Ile Ife fame the Oguta people of Imo State in today’s Igbo land have a festival called Owu Festival. Another name for it is the Okoshi Festival.  This is one of the festivals the Owu in today’s Yoruba Land also have.

The Oguta People have Osere title, which is one of the ancient titles Obatala had. Also, the Oguta People of Igbo Land have the Iyasare title, while the Ugbo People of today’s Yoruba Land (who are also aborigines of Ile Ife) have the Yasere title. These ‘coincidences’ cannot be dismissed as mere coincidences.

There is a deep link somewhere.Obatala is called the Sky Father in Yoruba history, while the Oguta Igbo people of today’s Igbo Land call their King Eze-Igwe, which means King of the Sky. The Oguta People have the same Eze Chima tradition of the Anioma People of Delta and Rivers. And we have said here that Eze Chima was a Lukumi Prince of Ile Ife, who was also titular Prince of Benin during the Ogiso times.

Add to this mix the recent statement that the Olowu of Owu made: to the effect that there are Owu Communities in today’s Igbo Land, and we can see that it is not a mystery: the Oguta People are one of the Igbo aborigines of Ile Ife also known as the mythical Lukumi, whose ancient tongue is only spoken in Aniocha in Igbo Land.

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2017/05/23/the-oguta-igbo-people-are-one-of-the-lukumi-aborigines-of-ile-ife/

Mr. Igbodefender, Can you explain what Olukumi means in Igbo language? I know you are seeing enough evidences that show that some present Igbos migrated from what is now Yorubaland, but instead, you decided to twist history and write complete opposite of what happened.

If you cannot breakdown and explain what Lukumi means in Igbo language, then no one should take you serious.
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 24, 2017
slurryeye2:

Mr. Igbodefender, Can you explain what Olukumi means in Igbo language? I know you are seeing enough evidences that show that some present Igbos migrated from what is now Yorubaland, but instead, you decided to twist history and write complete opposite of what happened.

If you cannot breakdown and explain what Lukumi means in Igbo language, then no one should take you serious.

How many times will that meaning be explained? Please do a local search. It has been explained in one of our posts.
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by slurryeye2: 10:43pm On May 24, 2017
igbodefender:

How many times will that meaning be explained? Please do a local search. It has been explained in one of our posts.

For the benefit of the discussion I'm having with you on this thread, can you explain it for me?
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by GodIsFoolish: 12:17am On May 25, 2017
No Igbo tribe are known as Ewedu eaters or drinkers

Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 25, 2017
GodIsFoolish:
Sir, ewedu is very nutritious.You should take it sometime, prefarably with amala.

1 Like

Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by GodIsFoolish: 5:01pm On May 25, 2017
igbodefender:
Sir, ewedu is very nutritious.You should take it sometime, prefarably with amala.

You mean I should put this through my mouth to my stomach?

Guy you wicked! you fit poison person

Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by slurryeye2: 7:46pm On May 25, 2017
GodIsFoolish:
GodIsFoolish:

You mean I should put this through my mouth to my stomach?

Guy you wicked! you fit poison person

Nutritional Facts and Health Benefits

Ewedu (Jute leaves) is rich in micro nutrients, and these micro nutrients aid in reducing the chances of illness in the consumer.

The main vitamins found in Jute leaves are vitamin A, C and E, and these vitamins are key in the protection of the body from certain degenerative diseases.

The vitamins present in Jute leaves are also known to be skin beautifying agents as they tend to increase the production of collagen, thus keeping the skin firm and beautiful.

The ewedu leaf is an adequate source of fibre, thus making the plant very helpful in dealing with weight management and may also promote intestinal health by helping with bowel movement.

Ewedu leaves are also known to help boost immunity and nourish the body system.

Due to the vitamins and minerals present in ewedu leaves, they have also been said to be used in the home setting in the management of stomach related conditions such as dysentery, constipation and the likes.

They are also used to relief pains and possess some anti tumour properties.

The Ewedu leaf is rich in beta-carotene which supports good eyesight.

The antioxidants present in ewedu leaves aid in the protection of the body from chronic diseases and some medical conditions.

http://healthfacts.ng/the-many-benefits-of-the-popular-and-traditional-ewedu-soup/
https://buzznigeria.com/amazing-health-benefits-jute-leaf/

1 Like

Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Probz(m): 9:34pm On May 25, 2017
igbodefender:
Imagine an Igbo person bigging up ewedu and amala. Lele.

1 Like

Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 5:49am On May 26, 2017
Probz:
Imagine an Igbo person bigging up ewedu and amala. Lele.
We have a dream. That one day the Yoruba man including slurryeye2 will come out and eat akpu and onugbu soup without prejudice, while the Igbo man including you Probz, and GodIsWise will come out and eat amala and ewedu without prejudice.

That day will be a great day for Southern Nigerian cultural exchange and unity.
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by slurryeye2: 7:58am On May 26, 2017
igbodefender:
We have a dream. That one day the Yoruba man including slurryeye2 will come out and eat akpu and onugbu soup without prejudice, while the Igbo man including you Probz, and GodIsWise will come out and eat amala and ewedu without prejudice.

That day will be a great day for Southern Nigerian cultural exchange and unity.

Trust me bro, I will eat akpu not only with ofe Onugbo but also with Ofe Oha grin...I enjoyed my stay in Enugu during my service year. I ate a lot of local delicacies like Okpa, Abacha, Igba gbu oka, Ugba etc. I'm very open minded to other's foods and culture.

That being said, I'm still expecting your response to Igbo meaning of Lukumi
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 26, 2017
Thanks for your interest in Igbo cuisine. We have very nutritious soups like ofe oha, ofe onugbu, ofe akwu. If you eat nni ji na ofe nsala (pounded yam and nsala soup), you are sure to leak your fingers and ask for more.

Now as for your question on the meaning of Lukumi in Igbo, it has been answered in this book ( just $9.99. I know you can easily afford it). That and many questions you haven't yet thought about on this matter are answered there.
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by kpaminose: 9:50pm On May 26, 2017
Igbos have made themselves a laughing stuff in Nigeria. Claim Ika, claim Idoma, claim Benin, Claim some Ijaw, claim Igala and now shamelessly claiming Yoruba. Na wa for you guys oo. Only thing you know how to do is fabrication
Re: Oguta Igbos Are One Of The Lukumi Igbo Aborigines Of Ile Ife- Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 26, 2017
kpaminose:
Igbos have made themselves a laughing stuff in Nigeria. Claim Ika, claim Idoma, claim Benin, Claim some Ijaw, claim Igala and now shamelessly claiming Yoruba. Na wa for you guys oo. Only thing you know how to do is fabrication
Igbo are not claiming anything.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About The People Of Mbube (ogoja) / Self-esteem And Race In Nigeria / Photos Of Lesbian Couple Who Married Traditionally By Paying Lobola(bride Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.