Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,907 members, 7,844,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" (41399 Views)

Police Arrest Two Highway Robbers On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Picture) / Man Who Bagged Ph.D From UK University Killed By Robbers On His Way To Kano.PICS / Pastor And Wife Killed By Robbers On Their Way From Convention (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by uvalued(m): 6:32am On May 25, 2017
ekems2017:
Am so scared. Oh God protect me cos am about to ply that route one of this days. God will never allow me to see evil.
Bros I thank God for your life. You shall never die young.

note early morning and late evening dont travel along that axis
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by silentdomain(m): 6:34am On May 25, 2017
They took their airport back to abj, and so de security. Who cares about common man? Yet voted them in base on religion

3 Likes

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by ekems2017(f): 6:48am On May 25, 2017
Noted. Thks

Qquot author=uvalued post=56851917]

note early morning and late evening dont travel along that axis[/quote]
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by pricenoba: 6:52am On May 25, 2017
Thank God for the protection.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by kennyjam: 7:17am On May 25, 2017
ekems2017:
Am so scared. Oh God protect me cos am about to ply that route one of this days. God will never allow me to see evil.
Bros I thank God for your life. You shall never die young.

me too. tomorrow or next.... May God Shield us..
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Mayflowa(m): 7:26am On May 25, 2017
creepsyme:
So did he say its by his wisdom? the young man gave all glory to God from the begining of his story to d end, he actually cheated death afterall, ooh yes he did.

Do you mind them? Some people don't just read. It is so sad!
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by glossy6(f): 8:07am On May 25, 2017
Awesome God
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by nikz(f): 8:09am On May 25, 2017
God indeed saved u pls give him all the glory. "Police are always complaining of no fuel which kind country be Nigeria sef?"
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by vertueptime: 8:13am On May 25, 2017
He left out a very vital detail; Night journey
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by tulus(f): 8:29am On May 25, 2017
Goose Pimples all over my body as I read ur story,I thank God for saving ur life bro.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Kcosmos: 8:40am On May 25, 2017
nice piece................Congrats as you escaped by whiskers.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by blackboy(m): 9:16am On May 25, 2017
Shame to the POLICE, FG, States government. after Eye service of kdun airport show for the world Nigerians have been left to rmed robbers.

1 Like

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by sharpwriter(m): 9:28am On May 25, 2017
Artistree:
That was how they opened fire on our car yesterday o, I'm still in shock till this minute and haven't slept or eaten since last night.
Aunty, pls. tell us more, just like the op narrated his... which road? ......sorry for the experience tho.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by ekems2017(f): 1:16pm On May 25, 2017
Amen o

kennyjam:

me too. tomorrow or next.... May God Shield us..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by mecussey(m): 1:58pm On May 25, 2017
fadafuqer:
Surely Allah hasn't willed your death yet.......there's nothing like untimely death.....God created you and he decides when u die...every soul shall taste death whether early or late nothing like untimely death!

I dont know if this is true...but looked like a fact from a scientist.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by mecussey(m): 2:00pm On May 25, 2017
Tenim47:
you fit cheat death?
go to express road and spread your mat. or face lagoon undecided

Thats English language, you should understand what he is saying. I was imaging and the whole thing look like american film though looked real.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by samuelezekiel(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2017
informant001:
A man identified as Okeme Arome Romey has narrated how he escaped death after being confronted by armed robbers on his way to Abuja from Kaduna state. Read what he shared below;

On the seventeenth of May in the year of our Lord two thousand and seventeen, at about 6.20pm, I cheated death...yet again.

I had just spoken with Arc. Felix and hung up with a wry smile that didn't go just too soon. It's being a while I saw the young man. I was headed to Abuja from Kaduna in a public car, there was a gentleman who sat next to my left engrossed in his phone and I peeped and he let me in on what he was watching. I smiled because I had seen the funny video before.

I focused on the journey proper as we drove some 20-30min after taking off, I realized we were at a village called Rijanna and I let my fibers and muscles relax as we had some 1-2hrs more of driving to do. Just as I made to relax, I caught a glimpse of a car parked in the distance by the side of the road with some rough looking men, about 5, wearing military camouflage tops and other trousers wielding guns, I recognized a locally made pistol and some bigger AK47 rifles.

They were obviously the Highwaymen. This mental calculations took only a few seconds to register and I whispered aloud, Robbers! They were robbing the occupants of the vehicle as I saw them all seated on the ground distraught. We had unfortunately ran into them, one of them started beckoning at us to come closer, we were some 50-100meters away, so i asked the driver to reverse the car and try to escape. He obliged.

As the car screeched to retreat, one of the robbers launched after us, he pointed his gun at the vehicle and squeezed the trigger, there were rain of bullets digging their way through the thick body of the car with ease, wheel screen shattered and glasses splintered hither and thither. I was under the illusion that we had escaped when out of the blues three other colleagues of theirs emerged from the bush behind us in a commando style with AK 47s and opened fire on the car, I was sitting just directly where the car was taking fire. The driver opened his door and jumped out, the passenger at the extreme left of me behind the driver opened his door also and we began pouring out.

Once outside, we made for the trough on the side of the road in an attempt to escape to the other carriage of the road leading cars from Abuja to Kaduna. The robbers didn't give up just yet, they ran after us and kept shooting, bullets bounced off the ground close to my feet and flew past my side, I missed a step and fell, picked myself up and commenced running again. It was obvious my mind ran faster than my legs. I kept the motivation going by saying to me, " breathe easy and run for it, you haven't been hit". To the glory of God alone, I made it to the other side of the road and kept running while flagging cars down. I was finally lucky to get one which stopped, whisked me away to some 2-3 km from the site of the action where I met the police preparing to respond. They had obviously heard the shots and noticed the long queue building up on the highway.

As I was running I could see from the corner of my eyes how cars were trying hard to turn around, some left their cars in the middle of the road and jumped out, passengers were pouring out through windows and skedaddling, people were falling off as others took cover in the bushes. It was a chaotic sight.

CONTINUE BELOW;

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/i-cheated-death-yet-again-man-who-was.html

Hmmm... It's true o... On my way to Minna just this yesterday Wednesday 24th of May, 2017 they way robbing the other lane (I.e those coming from Abuja to Kaduna) around 2pm. In fact I was asleep when I heard the other passengers shouting and I woke and got to know that that's what happened. I didn't even take it serious although my mind was unsettled through out the rest of the journey, I just thank God Almighty am still alive.[b][/b]
The government need to do something about this.

cc; lalasticlala.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by dedoz: 6:31pm On May 25, 2017
Honestly this is really scary!! I try to imagine how I would have felt if I was the one.....I think i have plied that route once. Abuja to Bauchi when I was serving.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:40am On May 26, 2017
GOD IS FAITHFUL.
Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by Artistree: 7:17am On May 26, 2017
sharpwriter:

Aunty, pls. tell us more, just like the op narrated his... which road? ......sorry for the experience tho.
I'm so shaken and yet to come to terms with the fact that my timeline would have been flooded with RIP and eulogies of all sorts this morning by both my friends and frenemies.
So it happened that I went to Akure on the 23rd ad the journey was marred by very unusual irregularities, given that I'd plied that road time without number.
First off, I suddenly started feeling nauseous and was gasping for air even though the car has full air-conditioning.
Secondly, the car then ran over some nails and kpoom!!! the front tyre went down in seconds. We had to pull over and spent close to two hours trying to replace it with the spare(one bolt VEHEMENTLY refused to come off) The sun wasn't helping matters either with its rays scalding our skin like we were being baked for lunch.
We finally changed the tyre and continued on our journey, drove some distance and noticed that the car was shaking like it had Parkinson's Disease, the replaced tyre was wobbling badly(which kind wahala be this?) My principal partner advised the driver to move slowly so we don't have to lose the tyre again since there's no more spare.
We drove for 30 minutes and suddenly heard kpaa!
My partner: ...(Drivers name) is that your tyre?
Driver: Oga, make I check (pulling over)
Me: Sir, that's gun shot, yay! And just like a movie, we saw two daredevils, wielding AK47 assault rifles, right in front of our car, shooting at us, mogbe!!!
We all ducked, save for the principal who kept shouting move! don't stop! keep moving!!! The driver in a rare display of bravery, drove zigzag, dodged the volley of bullets and fiam, we escaped!!!
I got home, dishevelled, and kept asking what would have happened as I squatted in the car, with my hands on my head, waiting for a bullet or bullets to pierce through. Would I have lived? How does it feel being dead? Oh, I'd never have found out, cos I'd have been stone dead and dead people know and feel nothing.
I still have palpitations from the shock but I'm very grateful to have survived the ordeal cos if we had been caught yesterday, we'd all four occupants, have been shot dead(for daring to run) or taken hostage for a ransom.
Either way, it's still scary.

1 Like

Re: Man Attacked By Armed Robbers On His Way To Abuja: "I Cheated Death Yet Again" by sharpwriter(m): 8:36am On May 26, 2017
Artistree:

I'm so shaken and yet to come to terms with the fact that my timeline would have been flooded with RIP and eulogies of all sorts this morning by both my friends and frenemies.
So it happened that I went to Akure on the 23rd ad the journey was marred by very unusual irregularities, given that I'd plied that road time without number.
First off, I suddenly started feeling nauseous and was gasping for air even though the car has full air-conditioning.
Secondly, the car then ran over some nails and kpoom!!! the front tyre went down in seconds. We had to pull over and spent close to two hours trying to replace it with the spare(one bolt VEHEMENTLY refused to come off) The sun wasn't helping matters either with its rays scalding our skin like we were being baked for lunch.
We finally changed the tyre and continued on our journey, drove some distance and noticed that the car was shaking like it had Parkinson's Disease, the replaced tyre was wobbling badly(which kind wahala be this?) My principal partner advised the driver to move slowly so we don't have to lose the tyre again since there's no more spare.
We drove for 30 minutes and suddenly heard kpaa!
My partner: ...(Drivers name) is that your tyre?
Driver: Oga, make I check (pulling over)
Me: Sir, that's gun shot, yay! And just like a movie, we saw two daredevils, wielding AK47 assault rifles, right in front of our car, shooting at us, mogbe!!!
We all ducked, save for the principal who kept shouting move! don't stop! keep moving!!! The driver in a rare display of bravery, drove zigzag, dodged the volley of bullets and fiam, we escaped!!!
I got home, dishevelled, and kept asking what would have happened as I squatted in the car, with my hands on my head, waiting for a bullet or bullets to pierce through. Would I have lived? How does it feel being dead? Oh, I'd never have found out, cos I'd have been stone dead and dead people know and feel nothing.
I still have palpitations from the shock but I'm very grateful to have survived the ordeal cos if we had been caught yesterday, we'd all four occupants, have been shot dead(for daring to run) or taken hostage for a ransom.
Either way, it's still scary.
Wow... I am happy you honored my request... may God honor you too... Thanks a lot... You tried in your writings too... Never knew Akure road got dangers like tht cos I am in Ekiti nd i do go from Ado to Akure sometimes.
With all tht happend in your write up, there is a spiritual undertone to it that evil was just bound to happen tht day, but thank God you escaped. O give thanks to the Lord for His mercies endureth forever. May God continue to deliver us frm all evils. Amen.
Lolzzz@ ''Baked Lunch & Parkinson disease.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Doctor Who Drugs And Rapes Patients Arrested / Banker Arrested For Forging WASCE And University Results To Gain Employment, Pic / Nigerian Man Shot Dead By Armed Robbers In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.