Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! (8933 Views)

Strictly For Electrical Engineers And Electricians In Lagos. / Strictly For Electrical Engineers And Electricians In Lagos. My Fellow Engineer / Female Electrician Pictured On NEPA Pole in her hijab (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by BigBUMBUM: 6:10pm On May 24, 2017
sorry for this but my prepaid meter keeps tripping of when they bring light it will supply for 2secnds then trip off I have two faces all of them the same thing it will now be reading over volt or something like that but then there is a red light where it says low, to low, or normal meanwhile all my neighbors have light..we don't want to tamper with it so we called NEPA last night they said they will come today they came then said it was not this work and house they came to do and now left can you imagine is it not electric job fix it now? so I'm angry now please how do I disconnect this sh**t or stop it from tripping off
sorry didn't know the last places to post this thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by rozysugarboo: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2019
This is exactly my predicament right now!! Please, were you able to resolve this matter, and, how
Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by sayusuf(m): 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
I have d same issue here
Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by remzytimer: 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
I don't know if you are able to solve this problem because that is what I am currently going through
Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by remzytimer: 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
sayusuf:
I have d same issue here

Pls let me know how you solve your meter problem
Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by lowkeybahdguy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
I'm currently experiencing this problem. were you guys able to resolve your issue?
Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by Nazgul: 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
BigBUMBUM:
sorry for this but my prepaid meter keeps tripping of when they bring light it will supply for 2secnds then trip off I have two faces all of them the same thing it will now be reading over volt or something like that but then there is a red light where it says low, to low, or normal meanwhile all my neighbors have light..we don't want to tamper with it so we called NEPA last night they said they will come today they came then said it was not this work and house they came to do and now left can you imagine is it not electric job fix it now? so I'm angry now please how do I disconnect this sh**t or stop it from tripping off
sorry didn't know the last places to post this thank you.
Just bypass it and connect directly to the pole. The wire that comes from the pole to the meter call an electrician to remove it for you and join it with the one coming from your house then hide it at the back of the prepaid meter.

Then use the other wire (there are three that comes from the pole) to connect to the meter so that it would keep showing its beeping light should in case Nepa mistakenly enters your compound.

That way you'll have light and you won't have to bother about paying for it since they have refused to fix it for you. And the good thing here is that Nepa doesn't come to homes that use prepaid meter. Cos they know that if you don't recharge you won't have light. So it will take years before you're discovered.

I've been using my illegal connection for over two years and counting and no one has discovered me yet.

1 Like

Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by danielakpan(m): 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hello, how were you able to rectify this issue? I'm sort of in the same situation.
Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by chimarume: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
Please my prepaid meter just went off I have tried to load a new recharge it keeps saying failed.how do I go about it?
Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by headboyprince(m): 5:16am On Jan 07, 2022
Nazgul:

Just bypass it and connect directly to the pole. The wire that comes from the pole to the meter call an electrician to remove it for you and join it with the one coming from your house then hide it at the back of the prepaid meter.

Then use the other wire (there are three that comes from the pole) to connect to the meter so that it would keep showing its beeping light should in case Nepa mistakenly enters your compound.

That way you'll have light and you won't have to bother about paying for it since they have refused to fix it for you. And the good thing here is that Nepa doesn't come to homes that use prepaid meter. Cos they know that if you don't recharge you won't have light. So it will take years before you're discovered.

I've been using my illegal connection for over two years and counting and no one has discovered me yet.

please, can one bypass this type of meter and how much does it cost?

1 Share

Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by Damilare1342: 5:58pm On May 14, 2022
Hello pls I’m having issue loading my MEMMCOL prepaid meter after I punch in the token code it says err 01 anyone who can help me out with the code I can use to fix this issue
Thank you
Re: Nepa Prepaid Meter Issues Electricians!! by Dolapo8205: 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
Please am having the same problem have you solve it or find solution to it boss please reply me

(1) (Reply)

What Keeps You Going, Despite Life's Struggles And Pains / 5 Nigerian Secret Societies You Should Know About / Did You Have A Defining Moment Or Experience In 2022?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.