Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,370 members, 7,829,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Jamb : The Unbalanced Fulcrum Aided By A Psyched Society - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb : The Unbalanced Fulcrum Aided By A Psyched Society (463 Views)

This Is To Inform Those Who Score Below 180 In Jamb, The Exam Board Has Official / Mass Failure In 2017 Jamb The Senate Should Do Something About It / JAMB: THE Best And Poorest Result So Fat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb : The Unbalanced Fulcrum Aided By A Psyched Society by Ebbyspice(f): 12:53am On May 25, 2017
Life is unfair
that's what they say,
But they never know what it's like every day,
To wake up every morning ,
With weary eyes and pains
Just so jamb can test you and prove you're a fool.

Society believes the results could see how heavy or light you are on a jamb scale

and we thought heavy reading is gonna give us a nice bail,

Some of us got a peanut ending to our name and felt our skin molten with some soft shale.

We all know how many equations, subjects and dates we memorized just before the exam never to use again. We all know how many things we remembered 5 minutes just after our time was up. Only to recieve a shocker 4 days later.
Does that mean remembering 5 minutes earlier would've made us better?

so tell me, are we gonna pass through this Same trauma next year?
do we keep moving in this viscous circle without vision?
I can't endure all my folks in college studying, and I here cuz of a crude exam

Exams are society's methods of telling us what we're worth,
But should we give society the mandate to define who we are?

This is the same society that tells us abortion is wrong, but critises teenage pregnancies

Same society with pastors that preach charity, but own private jets
Imams that preach against greed, but are all fat

Governments that say they believe so much in the importance of education and further learning but increases academic fees every single year

They test us with tests, but the results are never final
Because they never prepare us for the biggest test which is survival!

Einstein said and I quote "if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its life forever thinking its a fool".We all have different abilities, thought processes, experiences and genes
So why are we all tested by the same means?

I don't expect everyone to understand this.
Except those who knows what it feels like to be worth no more than that 200+ you get as jamb aggregate. Then giving up on one's future career
That was once so close, but is now so distant,
Just to get into an institution of higher learning , In the name of COC.

Jamb would never be standard until we are all given equal chances to success.

Now let's look at the statistics,
Steve Jobs - net worth seven billion R.I.P,
Richard Branson - net worth four point two billion,
Oprah Winfrey - two point seven billion,
Mark Zuckerberg, Henry Ford, Steven Spielberg, Bill Gates
Now here comes the Coup de grâce,
Looking at these individuals, what's your conclusion?
Neither of them in being successful,
Ever graduated from a higher learning institution .
The greatest adventureis what lies ahead.
I'll have to grab that,
Not going to let anyone determine my adventure.
I don't have much faith in schools but I have faith in people and # *i will never allow an exam result decide my fate*

©Ebbyspice™

1 Like

Re: Jamb : The Unbalanced Fulcrum Aided By A Psyched Society by Ebbyspice(f): 12:55am On May 25, 2017
Lalasticlala
Finestboi
Seun
Re: Jamb : The Unbalanced Fulcrum Aided By A Psyched Society by wrose(m): 1:09am On May 25, 2017
sly the writer. Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Jamb : The Unbalanced Fulcrum Aided By A Psyched Society by MedicalSamwise(m): 1:21am On May 25, 2017
Nice write up
Lalasticlala Seun fynestboi .... I think this should make front page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jamb : The Unbalanced Fulcrum Aided By A Psyched Society by wrose(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2017
Baba Sam aw fa na

(1) (Reply)

Kings Educonsult Projects/research /thesis/dessertation Topics / . / PIC QUIZ:Can You Tell Which One Out Of These Pairs Of Images Is Photoshopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.