Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! (901 Views)

Saleem Rufai: First Person To Graduate With First Class In Business Admin, UDUS / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Rape Victim Set To Graduate From North Caroline State University (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by clinjoe42: 3:50am On May 25, 2017
I would like to remain anonymous here. I am a student of Mining Engineering, I have always believed in reading and working hard but I think there is still more to it of which I strongly need your advice and comment . I had a weak GP in 100level even though I really worked hard ( it was 2.47 under 4.0 scale putting me on 2:2) because that's the new grade system. In 200level, I got a GP of 3.4 finally giving a CGPA of 2.94. I got to know that second class upper starts from 3.0-3.49 of which I know I can get to by the end of 300level but I dont want to graduate with a second class upper. Please teach me of other steps to apply. I am a die hard reader but I think I need to know other tips to help me. From my mathematical analysis, I can make it up with a 3.53 in 500level which spells out a first class but what else would you advice I do. ( I am currently in 300level hoping) . Pls your comments would be gladly adhered to. Thanks....
Re: Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by BLACKCHARGER(m): 4:58am On May 25, 2017
Guy... First class is not a master key to success

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by Xsem(m): 6:10am On May 25, 2017
BLACKCHARGER:
Guy... First class is not a master key to success
But he wants it.So that is not an answer to his question.First class is also good with many benefits.
Re: Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by clinjoe42: 6:28am On May 25, 2017
Xsem:

But he wants it.So that is not an answer to his question.First class is also good with many benefits.
..... Thanks alot from your understanding... So what are your advice to a die hearted dreamer like me.
Re: Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by Xsem(m): 6:39am On May 25, 2017
clinjoe42:
..... Thanks alot from your understanding... So what are your advice to a die hearted dreamer like me.
Let me call an elder for you cc Biafranbushboy
Re: Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by clinjoe42: 6:51am On May 25, 2017
Xsem:

Let me call an elder for you cc Biafranbushboy
..... Thanks alot bro.... I shall be waiting from your reply.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:09pm On May 25, 2017
Xsem:

Let me call an elder for you cc Biafranbus.hboy

Lol.. Thanks for the mention wink...

I will drop my own quota...!!
Re: Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by Xsem(m): 3:15pm On May 25, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Lol.. Thanks for the mention wink...

I will drop my own quota...!!
Welcome sir.Thank you for responding
Re: Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:18pm On May 25, 2017
clinjoe42:
I would like to remain anonymous here. I am a student of Mining Engineering, I have always believed in reading and working hard but I think there is still more to it of which I strongly need your advice and comment . I had a weak GP in 100level even though I really worked hard ( it was 2.47 under 4.0 scale putting me on 2:2) because that's the new grade system. In 200level, I got a GP of 3.4 finally giving a CGPA of 2.94. I got to know that second class upper starts from 3.0-3.49 of which I know I can get to by the end of 300level but I dont want to graduate with a second class upper. Please teach me of other steps to apply. I am a die hard reader but I think I need to know other tips to help me. From my mathematical analysis, I can make it up with a 3.53 in 500level which spells out a first class but what else would you advice I do. ( I am currently in 300level hoping) . Pls your comments would be gladly adhered to. Thanks....

First of all, I would love to tell you that there is a difference between reading hard and reading smart.

Reading hard makes you know a course very well, but reading smart makes you pass an exam in wonderful colors without getting to know much about the course. I was a very smart reader, but after exams I forgot all what the course was even all about.

So if you want to graduate with a first class only, I would employ you to read very smart with the following points.

1) Read according to what the lecturer taught. Follow his handouts, textbooks, if there is an AOC (Area of concentration), follow it with all seriousness.

2) Know what every lecturer needs to pass an exam. There are some lecturers that prefer you to write exactly what is in your handout word for word, before you pass their exams well. While the other lecturers will prefer you to be creative and explore so many options before you pass their exams.

3) Know how to cram cheesy. This one will allow you write every textbook word for word. wink (Most Nigerian lecturers will see you as intelligent).

4) Increase your reading time. Learn the art of all night reading. Read wide in some cases for some special courses.

5) Mingle with brilliant people, interact with them.

The last and the most important:::::::

6) Never Joke with your Continuous Assessments.... wink

I can't write all here. Just follow the rules and you will be fine. smiley

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Graduate With A First Class! by clinjoe42: 4:10pm On May 25, 2017
[quote author=BiafraBushBoy post=56866990]

First of all, I would love to tell you that there is a difference between reading hard and reading smart.

Reading hard makes you know a course very well, but reading smart makes you pass an exam in wonderful colors without getting to know much about the course. I was a very smart reader, but after exams I forgot all what the course was even all about.

So if you want to graduate with a first class only, I would employ you to read very smart with the following points.

1) Read according to what the lecturer taught. Follow his handouts, textbooks, if there is an AOC (Area of concentration), follow it with all seriousness.

2) Know what every lecturer needs to pass an exam. There are some lecturers that prefer you to write exactly what is in your handout word for word, before you pass their exams well. While the other lecturers will prefer you to be creative and explore so many options before you pass their exams.
......Wow!!!!!! Thanks alot..... I am so grateful....

(1) (Reply)

The New 9mobile Photography Competition 2017. / ASUU Strike: FG And ASUU Executives To Meet This Thursday / Type Your Name On Google And You Will Be Amazed At What You See!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.