Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House (16693 Views)

LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike / LAUTECH Students Block Varsity Gates, Demand Reinstatement Of Expelled Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Unimaginable123: 7:48pm On May 25, 2017
Oyo state govt should take over completely LAUTECH. Is LAUTECH the only university in a state that was carved out?
Abia State university, uturu, Abia state was formerly known as imo state okigwe, before Abia was carved out of imo. And imo state willingly gave the university to them.
And so many other examples.
Why is LAUTECH left to suffer?
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 7:51pm On May 25, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Oyo state govt should take over completely LAUTECH. Is LAUTECH the only university in a state that was carved out?
Abia State university, uturu, Abia state was formerly known as imo state okigwe, before Abia was carved out of imo. And imo state willingly gave the university to them.
And so many other examples.
Why is LAUTECH left to suffer?

I tire oo, Aregbe is just wicked and selfish. Oyo already made a move to take over but Mr Aregbe no gree!

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Unimaginable123: 8:04pm On May 25, 2017
Sirhethat12:

I tire oo, Aregbe is just wicked and selfish. Oyo already made a move to take over but Mr Aregbe no gree!
aregbesola's agreement is not required. The university is located at present day oyo state, so oyo state government should take over it.
Why is imo state govt not at war with Abia state govt with the high institutions in old imo state but located in Aba now?
Even Enugu and Anambra are not quarelling over state schools in old anambra, before Enugu was carved out. Rivers and bayelsa, not quarelling too. Cross river and akwa ibom not quaerelling, zamfara and sokoto not quaerelling.
And why should it be over only LAUTECH they will querel about? Are there no other high institutions in old oyo state like poly, college of education, school of nursing, school of midwifery, even that school of surveying in Oyo town?
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 8:13pm On May 25, 2017
Unimaginable123:
aregbesola's agreement is not required. The university is located at present day oyo state, so oyo state government should take over it.
Why is imo state govt not at war with Abia state govt with the high institutions in old imo state but located in Aba now?
Even Enugu and Anambra are not quarelling over state schools in old anambra, before Enugu was carved out. Rivers and bayelsa, not quarelling too. Cross river and akwa ibom not quaerelling, zamfara and sokoto not quaerelling.
And why should it be over only LAUTECH they will querel about? Are there no other high institutions in old oyo state like poly, college of education, school of nursing, school of midwifery, even that school of surveying in Oyo town?

Wayback there was a dispute over the ownership of LAUTECH, so much that the case was dragged to court, and the judge final verdict was that LAUTECH should be Co owned by the two state, unless there's an agreement between them to let go to the other. So before either of the state can take over there must be mutual agreement between the two States. Governor Ajimobi made the move during the last 8momths strike but Aregbe over ruled it, are you Clear now?

Now To the question of why LAUTECH. I think that can be best answered by your Governor. during the initial ownership dispute, Osun excuse was that they have no University so they thus have a right to Co own LAUTECH. But now that Osun has Uniosun why can't he let go of LAUTECH?
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Unimaginable123: 8:32pm On May 25, 2017
Sirhethat12:

Wayback there was a dispute over the ownership of LAUTECH, so much that the case was dragged to court, and the judge final verdict was that LAUTECH should be Co owned by the two state, unless there's an agreement between them to let go to the other. So before either of the state can take over there must be mutual agreement between the two States. Governor Ajimobi made the move during the last 8momths strike but Aregbe over ruled it, are you Clear now?

Now To the question of why LAUTECH. I think that can be best answered by your Governor. during the initial ownership dispute, Osun excuse was that they have no University so they thus have a right to Co own LAUTECH. But now that Osun has Uniosun why can't he let go of LAUTECH?
thanks for your analysis. sorry. I'm not from oyo. Not even from south west. And I have graduated long ago from a correct university in the north. And don't have anyone I know schooling in LAUTECH.
Just don't why the ownership of one university will make the students suffer that much.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 8:34pm On May 25, 2017
Unimaginable123:
thanks for your analysis. sorry. I'm not from oyo. Not even from south west. And I have graduated long ago from a correct university in the north. And don't have anyone I know schooling in LAUTECH.
Just don't why the ownership of one university will make the students suffer that much.

OK, no problem. you welcome .
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by shaddoww: 8:49pm On May 25, 2017
Sirhethat12:

OK so what's your point?
My point dear is dat u shouldn't tell my that Lautech has an excuse for her inability to pay her staffs from her IGR without depending on d state.
Let me give u a small statistics.
Ur skul has about 25,000 students for undergraduate, about 2,000 pre-degree students, about 500 post-graduate students (note I put d pre-degree n PG at a minimum u can av)
Now u pay #65,000 for undergraduates
Let's assume u pay #50,000 for pre-degree (it's more bt I just want to put it at a minimum)
Post-graduate #100,000 (still a minimum)
Then if we do a simple arithmetic, we have the following as ur skuls income.
Undergraduate - 25000*65000 = #1,625,000,000
Pre-degree - 2000*50000 =#100,000,000
Post-graduate - 500*100000 = #50,000,000
Total = #1,625,000,000 + #100,000,000 + #50,000,000 = #1,775,000,000 i.e one billion, seven hundred and seventy five million,
So please, I will like u to tell me why ur skul shouldn't b able to pay her staff salary. Even if u truly have 114 professors which I doubt, cos a lot of sabbatical profs will surely b among those u av counted n to b sure, u can check d number of inaugural lectures ur skul has had.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 8:59pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:

My point dear is dat u shouldn't tell my that Lautech has an excuse for her inability to pay her staffs from her IGR without depending on d state.
Ur skul has about 25,000 students for undergraduate, about 2,000 pre-degree students, about 500 post-graduate students (note I put d pre-degree n PG at a minimum u can av)
Let's assume u pay #50,000 for pre-degree (it's more bt I just want to put it at a minimum)
Total = #1,625,000,000 + #100,000,000 + #50,000,000 = #1,775,000,000 i.e one billion, seven hundred and seventy five million,
So please, I will like u to tell me why ur skul shouldn't b able to pay her staff salary. Even if u truly have 114 professors which I doubt, cos a lot of sabbatical profs will surely b among those u av counted n to b sure, u can check d number of inaugural lectures ur skul has had.
I swear you dey vex me with what you're saying,

Try to confirm anything before saying it,

Below is the VC analysis about the income and expenditures of LAUTECH

1. That we have 26,360 undergraduates at a flat rate of N65,000.00 which was total to N1,713,400,000 Billion naira annually,
2. That we have 2000 undergraduate part-time students at an average rate of N100,000 which was amounted to N176,102,500 million naira,
3. That we have 1,561 post-graduate degree Academic programme students at rate of N76,750 which also amounted to N119,806,750 million.
4. That there were 2,601 of professional post graduate Degree programme students at the rate of N100,000 which amounted to N260,100,000 million, and
5. That Other sources of Internally Generated Revenue which was amounted to N50 million.
He gave the grand total of the IGR to the university annually as N2,319,409,250 per session, all things being equal.
Arising from the above, the Vice-Chancellor informed the House that the total IGR got by the University was greatly inadequate when comparing it with the total overhead expenditures incurred annually which stood at N6,816,258,509.14 billion. He submitted by saying that the LAUTECH IGR was just 25% of its total overheads expenditures and the two owner states governments just needed to be alive to their statutory responsibilities of the payment of 75% monthly subvention.

So ooo please stop saying what you don't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by emmasege: 9:04pm On May 25, 2017
Sirhethat12:

lol sweetheart go figure the number of professor in U. I and OAU. BTW there's a general minimum requirement one has to meet to be promoted to the post of a professor.

figures that can't be sustained ke? which of the figures Is incorrect? please tell me oo, these are well researched figures. go and find out the number of professors in your school. it's obvious you don't even know sef.

I'm not saying your school is not good ooo, I'm just saying you should stop comparing it to LAUTECH in terms of self reliance. The income and expenditure of the two school does not sum up at all.
Kids like you make nairaland a forum to insult elders. For your info, i was an undergraduate 2 decades ago, at which time you were either a toddler or not yet born. That said, neither LAUTECH nor UNIOSUN fits into my choice when considering university. I consider the two schools too low for my standard to obtain a certificate that's even as low as a diploma. I don't see any of my kids attending these glorified secondary schools either. I've tasted first generation university education in Nigeria, and that's the least my kids can get if not overseas.

Back to the issue. I put it to you that UNIOSUN has more than 14 profs. The Vice Chancellor and his 2 deputies can not be below the rank of professor. The university runs a collegiate system with six colleges. Each of the colleges must be headed by a provost who can't be below a professorial rank also. The main campus has more than one faculty which must be headed by Deans (Profs). I'm not sure of the numbet of faculties in other colleges. If you sum up the number of profs so far mentioned, they are about 11. Are you telling us that there are not other profs who do not occupy management positions at the moment but must have done so in the past?

By my own rating, LAUTECH is just a little bit higher than UNIOSUN in standard. Both are glorified secondary schools and I doubt if some of their profs would have merited the rank as at the time they were pronounced, if they were in universities like UI, OAU, ABU, UNILAG or UNN.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 9:06pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:

if after all the points I gave up there you still type this then I don't think you can ever understand ooo. what is pre degree school fees doing in your analysis? Na WA for you ooo. lecturers are paid separate salaries to lecture pre degree students, it's not part of their usual salary, this apply to all university not just LAUTECH.

BTW lautech annual expenditure is 6billion plus. do you have any idea how much a professor earn? coupled with the monthly 10million for pensioners. see Abeg you sound like a kid, get your facts right then come back . bye
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 9:11pm On May 25, 2017
emmasege:
Kids like you make nairaland a forum to insult elders. For your info, i was an undergraduate 2 decades ago, at which time you were either a toddler or not yet born. That said, neither LAUTECH nor UNIOSUN fits into my choice when considering university. I consider the two schools too low for my standard to obtain a certificate that's even as low as a diploma. I don't see any of my kids attending these glorified secondary schools either. I've tasted first generation university education in Nigeria, and that's the least my kids can get if not overseas.

And your supposed First Class generation University did not teach you to get your facts right before bumping into discussions? with all due respect 'SIR' kindly stay out of 'KIDS' problem If you know nothing about the topic being discussed. My school has been on strike for close to 11 months and you are here telling me your life history and future ambition , do I look like I care? abeg shift

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 9:37pm On May 25, 2017
emmasege:

Back to the issue. I put it to you that UNIOSUN has more than 14 profs. The Vice Chancellor and his 2 deputies can not be below the rank of professor. The university runs a collegiate system with six colleges. Each of the colleges must be headed by a provost who can't be below a professorial rank also. The main campus has more than one faculty which must be headed by Deans (Profs). I'm not sure of the numbet of faculties in other colleges. If you sum up the number of profs so far mentioned, they are about 11. Are you telling us that there are not other profs who do not occupy management positions at the moment but must have done so in the past?

By my own rating, LAUTECH is just a little bit higher than UNIOSUN in standard. Both are glorified secondary schools and I doubt if some of their profs would have merited the rank as at the time they were pronounced, if they were in universities like UI, OAU, ABU, UNILAG or UNN.

oh so you modified your post. well your rating is not NUC rating. lol you make me laugh. well I also put it to you that your first generation university professors would not have merited the rank if they were in universities like Harvard and Cambridge. so I guess it's save to say your first generation university is an advanced secondary school?! local champion *smile*

'SIR' everything get rank. I never disputed the fact that first generation universities have stringent rules as regards all things, but that doesn't give you the right to trash the new generation universities, or have you forgotten those supposed First generation Universities were once new generation? and even your first generation universities are actually advanced secondary school when compared to some other universities outside Nigeria? #IntimidationWeCondoneNot#

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by shaddoww: 9:39pm On May 25, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
I swear you dey vex me with what you're saying,

Try to confirm anything before saying it,

Below is the VC analysis about the income and expenditures of LAUTECH

1. That we have 26,360 undergraduates at a flat rate of N65,000.00 which was total to N1,713,400,000 Billion naira annually,
2. That we have 2000 undergraduate part-time students at an average rate of N100,000 which was amounted to N176,102,500 million naira,
3. That we have 1,561 post-graduate degree Academic programme students at rate of N76,750 which also amounted to N119,806,750 million.
4. That there were 2,601 of professional post graduate Degree programme students at the rate of N100,000 which amounted to N260,100,000 million, and
5. That Other sources of Internally Generated Revenue which was amounted to N50 million.
He gave the grand total of the IGR to the university annually as N2,319,409,250 per session, all things being equal.
Arising from the above, the Vice-Chancellor informed the House that the total IGR got by the University was greatly inadequate when comparing it with the total overhead expenditures incurred annually which stood at N6,816,258,509.14 billion. He submitted by saying that the LAUTECH IGR was just 25% of its total overheads expenditures and the two owner states governments just needed to be alive to their statutory responsibilities of the payment of 75% monthly subvention.

So ooo please stop saying what you don't know

Well both government have already appointed an auditing firm to check d book of d skul, so I hope dey will cum up with there report soon cos it seem dats wat d two government are waiting for.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 9:41pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:

Well both government have already appointed an auditing firm to check d book of d skul, so I hope dey will cum up with there report soon cos it seem dats wat d two government are waiting for.

I hope so too ooo, I'm tired of all this bullshit jare.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by emmasege: 9:42pm On May 25, 2017
Sirhethat12:

And your supposed First Class generation University did not teach you to get your facts right before bumping into discussions? with all due respect 'SIR' kindly stay out of 'KIDS' problem If you know nothing about the topic being discussed. My school has been on strike for close to 11 months and you are here telling me your life history and future ambition , do I look like I care? abeg shift
Go back to read the concluding part of my previous comment. You may realize your claim of UNIOSUN having 14 profs cannot be substantiated. And like someone said, it 'll be interesting to know the number of inaugural your university has recorded. That may give a rough indication of the number of full time profs in your school. At this time of economic recession, most universities decline sabbatical leave applications from academics and your school should consider this also.

The way you talk in public forum also reflects the kind of school you attend. The "constituted authority " may be right after all.

You lack courtesy.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by shaddoww: 9:44pm On May 25, 2017
Sirhethat12:

I hope so too ooo, I'm tired of all this bullshit jare.
So on a lighter mood, hw much are u paying ur profs oo, cos it seem like dey are d ones takin all ur money according to ur claim. Because even futa VC only receive 1.3million monthly oo
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:

they are even done, hopefully before the end of next week, we'll hear Goodnews
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 9:51pm On May 25, 2017
emmasege:
Go back to read the concluding part of my previous comment. You may realize your claim of UNIOSUN having 14 profs cannot be substantiated. And like someone said, it 'll be interesting to know the number of inaugural your university has recorded. That may give a rough indication of the number of full time profs in your school. At this time of economic recession, most universities decline sabbatical leave applications from academics and your school should consider this also.

The way you talk in public forum also reflects the kind of school you attend. The "constituted authority " may be right after all.

You lack courtesy.

Well I don't expect you to understand how I feel, after all you attended 'FIRST GENERATION UNIVERSITY' so you never got to feel the pain of having your education halted for 11months. you are on the same level with the constituted authorities, you know why? because you don't know where the shoe pinches.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 9:54pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:
So on a lighter mood, hw much are u paying ur profs oo, cos it seem like dey are d ones takin all ur money according to ur claim. Because even futa VC only receive 1.3million monthly oo

My brother I tire ooo. according to the VC LAUTECH needs 342 million to cover the salary of all her workers. but how he arrived at that figure is what I don't understand. Thank God the auditing firms has commenced work their secret go soon open.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 9:55pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:

My brother I tire ooo. according to the VC LAUTECH needs 342 million monthly to cover the salary of all her workers. but how he arrived at that figure is what I don't understand. Thank God the auditing firms has commenced work their secret go soon open.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by shaddoww: 9:57pm On May 25, 2017
Sirhethat12:

My brother I tire ooo. according to the VC LAUTECH needs 342 million to cover the salary of all her workers. but how he arrived at that figure is what I don't understand. Thank God the auditing firms has commenced work their secret go soon open.
Make una just chill small but above all, make una no forget to have respect for constituted authority. Na even Bible talk am.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by BreezyCB(m): 10:00pm On May 25, 2017
WINDSOW:
U still wan come Nigeria
Ino wan com naija
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 10:04pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:

Make una just chill small but above all, make una no forget to have respect for constituted authority. Na even Bible talk am.

well we have always given them the respect they deserve, but that will not stop us from fighting for our right. Even if they don't want to keep supporting the school shouldn't they have ensured the school can stand on its own before going AWOL? This auditing is something they should have done long before things degenerated to this level. I pray you never experience the kind if frustration Ladokites are experiencing right now.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Rhoteabarca(m): 7:20pm On May 26, 2017
Dear LAUTECH, what art befall thou ? I think this incessant strike is not only a shame to our educational system but also to Nigeria as a whole. #ShameOnOyoandOsunState #ShameOnNigeria #Shior #Hiss

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Nobody: 1:59am On May 27, 2017
IgbosAreGreat:
Ogbomosho, Oshogbo and other Yorùbá towns have produced more sound scholars than the entire igbo race. Kudos to them!
This is the first time you're saying something reasonable. cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Courses That Do Not Require Mathematics. / ASUP Resolves To Continue Strike / Soludo Congratulates Utme-best Candidate, Nkechinyere Umeh, Offers Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.