Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! (4331 Views)

You Can Now Upgrade Your Infinix Hot 4 X557 To Nougat 7.0 / 12 Times Autocorrect Went Wrong / What’s So Special About This Infinix Hot 4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 10:35pm On May 25, 2017
So, before anybody conclude that I bought a fake version; nah! This is not the case of a fake infinix Hot 4. In fact, I was at carlcare(Ilorin) today with the same phone to complain about the problem of overheating which drains the phone battery totally and becomes unresponsive and after hearing my complaint they verified if the phone was still under warranty and it checks out(It was accepted and fixed under warranty for free), I was told to come back later in the day to pick it up as it would have been fixed and I did. Well, I tested the phone before leaving their office everything worked okay. Until I got home this evening to fully charge the phone and after charging it up fully, it started overheating again, had to remove my Sims and memory card while doing this, lo and behold! The second SIM compartment was emitting smoke (definitely something was burning inside and a burn mark also can be seen under the screenshot I’m attaching to this thread).

NOTE: I did a system update at the beginning of this week (possible culprit but unsure)

Don’t know if anybody can speculate what could have gone wrong with the phone? Because I’m totally unsure what could have gone wrong and even out of ideas. Hopefully, by the time I check this thread tomorrow there would be helpful suggestions from you guys (had to borrow a friend’s phone to post this night).

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by jmichlins(m): 10:46pm On May 25, 2017
Who go deny this one join. NCC have massage parlor in their office that enhances their snoring. Call NCC and verify how horrible they are
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by beinstein(m): 10:48pm On May 25, 2017
I laugh when i hear folks saying they're "fake infinix phones" available nowadays.
There's no such thing as "fake infinix" out there in the market. Just a futile attempt by infinix marketers to cover up the mess of the company they're under its payroll.
Op, sorry about that. I believe you can still return it for proper repair since it's still under warranty.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by bobo65(m): 1:15am On May 26, 2017
beinstein:
I laugh when i hear folks saying they're "fake infinix phones" available nowadays.
There's no such thing as "fake infinix" out there in the market. Just a futile attempt by infinix marketers to cover up the mess of the company they're under its payroll.
Op, sorry about that. I believe you can still return it for proper repair since it's still under warranty.

Wat are u saying bro

I hate infinix and tecno than u but d truth is that, infinix has so many clones eh, e full market
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Lexusgs430: 2:12am On May 26, 2017
Sektion:
So, before anybody conclude that I bought a fake version; nah! This is not the case of a fake infinix Hot 4. In fact, I was at carlcare(Ilorin) today with the same phone to complain about the problem of overheating which drains the phone battery totally and becomes unresponsive and after hearing my complaint they verified if the phone was still under warranty and it checks out(It was accepted and fixed under warranty for free), I was told to come back later in the day to pick it up as it would have been fixed and I did. Well, I tested the phone before leaving their office everything worked okay. Until I got home this evening to fully charge the phone and after charging it up fully, it started overheating again, had to remove my Sims and memory card while doing this, lo and behold! The second SIM compartment was emitting smoke (definitely something was burning inside and a burn mark also can be seen under the screenshot I’m attaching to this thread).

NOTE: I did a system update at the beginning of this week (possible culprit but unsure)

Don’t know if anybody can speculate what could have gone wrong with the phone? Because I’m totally unsure what could have gone wrong and even out of ideas. Hopefully, by the time I check this thread tomorrow there would be helpful suggestions from you guys (had to borrow a friend’s phone to post this night).

No point awaiting any solution. Simply return the phone back and demand a refund or replacement. The goods supplied is not fit for purpose.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by ucsylviaoks: 3:00am On May 26, 2017
chai. And I am even planning on buying infinix hot 4. yawa don gas oh
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Repairnigeria(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2017
fake fake
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 8:22am On May 26, 2017
Repairnigeria:
fake fake
you saying a phone that is under warranty at Carlcare is fake? Mind you the barcode at the back the battery was scanned for verification, so what heck are you saying angry
Repairnigeria:
fake fake
you saying a phone that is under warranty at Carlcare is fake? Mind you the barcode at the back the battery was scanned for verification, so what the heck are you saying?
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 8:23am On May 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

No point awaiting any solution. Simply return the phone back and demand a refund or replacement. The goods supplied is not for purpose.
will look into that
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by henry007(m): 8:40am On May 26, 2017
OP, shey your phone no get receipt ni?

Show it!
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 9:06am On May 26, 2017
henry007:
OP, shey your phone no get receipt ni?
Show it!
of cause it does
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Nobody: 9:58am On May 26, 2017
This title makes me remember the movie "up in smoke". Op take the necessary steps and actions so u won't lose out.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by CarlcareOpebi(f): 11:06am On May 26, 2017
Sektion:

Hello @Sektion Take your device back to Carlcare Illorin. Kindly forward your actual name & a phone number with which we can reach you.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by OHIsIManuEL(m): 11:42am On May 26, 2017
The new Samsung, Lol, This should reach front page ooo, we're not safe.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by paperboy234: 12:06pm On May 26, 2017
Oga take your phone to Carlcare and complain if really what ure saying is true ... We are tired of you guys pretending to show people that phones are exploding .. I'm sure they are trying to kill Infinix image .
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 12:15pm On May 26, 2017
CarlcareOpebi:

Hello @Sektion Take your device back to Carlcare Illorin. Kindly forward your actual name & a phone number with which we can reach you.
Well, according to the operators at Carlcare yesterday, they won't be opened for work today and tomorrow, until Monday. I will definitely take it back first thing monday morning. Where should I forward my details to please?
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 12:20pm On May 26, 2017
paperboy234:
Oga take your phone to Carlcare and complain if really what ure saying is true ... We are tired of you guys pretending to show people that phones are exploding .. I'm sure they are trying to kill Infinix image .
if you read very well, I didn't say my device exploded(a component inside the phone got burnt out of overheating) , and to correct you I'm not trying to tarnish Infinix image here I just plainly stated my experience as I have already taken the phone to Carlcare once and I supposed the phone was fixed but definitely they didn't get what was wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by paperboy234: 12:22pm On May 26, 2017
Coming up on Naira land shows u are being paid to do this .. ... We are all Nigerians if we take our stuff to repair and issue comes up first thing we do is run back to the person who fixed it and tell him to pay ..... I wonder why u come here to shout ?
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by paperboy234: 12:29pm On May 26, 2017
Oga what if ure the cause of this so called burning ? If u took the phone back to them and they refused given u attention then something like this you posted would have been better ... Check well now na i better pass my neighbor generator u dey take they charge yemu yemu ....
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by beinstein(m): 12:40pm On May 26, 2017
paperboy234:
Oga what if ure the cause of this so called burning ? If u took the phone back to them and they refused given u attention then something like this you posted would have been better ... Check well now na i better pass my neighbor generator u dey take they charge yemu yemu ....

I honestly don't understand why people like you enjoy spewing rubbish as though your life depends solely on it.
So to please you and the company he should've kept it to himself or swept it away like nothing happened?
So how's the phone heating up should be a problem from him? E pain me when i see supposed adults like you no gree use their brains. I swear e pain me die.
Even if na i-better-pass-my-neighbour generator nkor?
E go make smoke comot from dey phone shey?
No be the same generator Kabiru dey use dey charge phones for people dey collect money for my area?

10 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 12:58pm On May 26, 2017
paperboy234:
Coming up on Naira land shows u are being paid to do this .. ... We are all Nigerians if we take our stuff to repair and issue comes up first thing we do is run back to the person who fixed it and tell him to pay ..... I wonder why u come here to shout ?
It will be a futile gesture to keep replying someone like you; cause you will keep saying what you want anyways and ignore the facts but for one last time. I harmlessly put up this thread because the phone had already been to carlcare once and I don’t know if any other person has experienced such before. Moreover, I know there is carlcare operator here on nairaland. Just to add that there are phone engineers (gurus) on here too and they could have speculations as to what could be wrong with the phone especially where it sustained a burn mark.

5 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 12:59pm On May 26, 2017
I Will keep you guys updated on this thread when I take the phone back to carlcare on Monday.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Kachi188(m): 3:15pm On May 26, 2017
once is an incident, twice is a coincidence, if a third person complains about overheating or burning..then infinix has to take appropriate actions by even recalling this phone if necessary. No need putting innocent customers at risk of exploding phones just to save face.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by johnbuck81(m): 3:31pm On May 26, 2017
I bought my Hot 4 since January and am enjoying the phone wella.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Kondomatic(m): 6:17pm On May 26, 2017
paperboy234:
What are you saying? An infinix phone exploded recently and infinix claimed that it was a fake one.

Now the one they verified and confirmed that it wasn't fake got burnt and you're wondering why he's here to shout.

Is it your shout? Are you infinix?

If Note 4s are exploding then it's probably a production problem which only recalling the affected ones back is the solution.

If victims keep quiet then infinix will pretend like nothing is happening and other potential buyers will ignorant spend money on these smart explosives in the name of buying a smart phone.

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Stevengold(m): 6:47pm On May 26, 2017
Simply return the phone back to them. Plead for a change, not repair.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by propanet(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2017
Stop buying substandard devices. Save up and get yourself something globally recognized
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 6:59pm On May 26, 2017
johnbuck81:
I bought my Hot 4 since January and am enjoying the phone wella.
bought mine last year November and enjoyed it until now
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 7:01pm On May 26, 2017
Stevengold:
Simply return the phone back to them. Plead for a change, not repair.
definitely the best thing to do is to get it changed as you've said, because the idea of a repaired device that once burnt doesn't sound safe. More So, I have to know what really went wrong with the phone for safety.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Prexblog(m): 7:41pm On May 26, 2017
Infinix has released the way to KNOW THE ORIGINAL AND FAKE INFINIX HOT 4 X557...So do not fall victim, just view it BY CLICKING HERE ...
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Techpaded(f): 7:58pm On May 26, 2017
I'm learning here
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Synord(m): 8:50pm On May 26, 2017
Sektion:
definitely the best thing to do is to get it changed as you've said, because the idea of a repaired device that once burnt doesn't sound safe. More So, I have to know what really went wrong with the phone for safety.

bro your phone is gone..Go and buy Malata !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN 1.5gb For N300 / Easiest Way To Install Mt65xx Vcom Drivers In Windows 8, 8.1, 10 / Which Good Android Can I Buy With 30 - 35k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.