Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

My Wonderful Experience At Passport Office Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Wonderful Experience At Passport Office Lagos (702 Views)

My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! / PHOTOS: Car Tumbles And Falls Upside Down Opposite LASTMA Office, Lagos / My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Wonderful Experience At Passport Office Lagos by alizma: 3:52pm On May 26, 2017
it was very disheartening to read about the way a nairalander ridiculed​ the image of Nigerian immigration officers' image PARTICULARLY those in Ikeja. I choose to blame whoever put up that write up for whatever he/she went through over there because I was there few days ago, in fact, I was there on the 24/5/2017.
without apologies to anyone, I most say that if every establishment (public and private) in Nigeria will organise and address their customers the way this people do, then we would have solve a lot of misunderstanding arising from customer-service provider relationship.

BRIBING/TIPPING
all through the process of my application, data capturing and collection, no single staff approached me for any unofficial payment of either 500 or 1000. the saying that the way you dress is the way you will be addressed​ also play out as one of the factors that encourage people to see someone as "mugu". people fall "mugu" most times when they are unreasonably impatient.
I was informed earlier by someone that as a result of the crowd that turn up there on daily basis to process passport, which I know is not the fault of those staffs, I will need to get their as early as possible anytime I have something to do there. equipted with this information, I always go there early and to my surprise of which I even mentioned to someone I met there day before yesterday, as early as 6:30am, this guys are already out and ready to attend to people by taking down names and giving numbers​ so that people are attended to on first come, first served basis with the exception of people above the age of 70yrs and pregnant women.
when they are fully set, around 8:30am-9:00am, they start by calling people in group of 50 according to numbers. and the officers inside are so much friendly and professional about their duties. it doesn't take them time to attend to applicants once you are in.

Impatient and ignorant are some people's problem. for example on that day, one of the applicants had problem with the metchine not being able to captured his tumb and the lady that was attending to him told him to go and wash his hands and come back, the next thing was that the guy refused and was there saying please now, please now, then the lady told him there was nothing to begged her for that he should go and wash his hands and before we knew what was happening, the guy started raising his voice, telling her not to insult him. asking how could she be telling him to go and wash his hands, the lady was lost. it took immediate intervention of other staffs to get the guy to do the needful and the way other staffs​ came to talk to him nicely in one accord showed how much they are careful not to have issue with any applicant.
the Nigerian passport office PARTICULARLY the one in Ikeja may not have enough staffs to attend to applicants as fast as we all wish to be attended to, but I want to say clearly that the available staffs on ground are doing great to deliver their service.
if you have ever been in a position that required you managing people of different backgrounds and understanding, you will agree with me that those guys may not be the best but they are trying.

Re: My Wonderful Experience At Passport Office Lagos by Theyveedo(m): 4:09pm On May 26, 2017
T
Re: My Wonderful Experience At Passport Office Lagos by austino677(m): 9:54pm On May 26, 2017
Password shocked

(1) (Reply)

. / / Graduate Diploma In New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.