Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

What's The One Thing That Makes Ramadan So Special To You? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What's The One Thing That Makes Ramadan So Special To You? (627 Views)

The Most Stupid Thing Anyone Has Ever Said About Covid-19 / Smiling: A Blessed Thing / Muslim Mod Remove That Thing You Attach To My Wall, I'm A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The One Thing That Makes Ramadan So Special To You? by eluquenson(m): 10:49pm On May 26, 2017
Every year in the month of Ramadan, all Muslims fast from early morning till sunset, abstaining from food, drink, and sexual relations (with wife). It is a unique Islamic way of worship which creates sincere love to God. Fasting infuse creative sense of hope, devotion, patience, unselfishness, moderation, willpower, wise saving, sound budgeting, mature adaptability, healthy survival, discipline, spirit of social belonging, unity and brotherhood. It is mentioned in Qur’an:
“O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, even as it was prescribed for those before you, that ye may ward off (evil);”(Qur’an;2:183).

The significance of Fasting has been emphasized in Qur’an: “The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind, and clear proofs of the guidance, and the Criterion (of right and wrong). And whosoever of you is present, let him fast the month, and whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, (let him fast the same) number of other days. Allah desires for you ease; He desires not hardship for you; and (He desires) that ye should complete the period, and that ye should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that peradventure ye may be thankful.” (Qur’an;2:185)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The One Thing That Makes Ramadan So Special To You? by cuedish: 10:59pm On May 26, 2017
The serene environment.

I observed that during Ramadan...composure and calmness is maintained.

1 Like

Re: What's The One Thing That Makes Ramadan So Special To You? by eaziguyman(m): 3:55am On May 27, 2017
What I notice is dat during ramadan everybody is always happy and it kind of unique bcous d mosque I use to perform solat mostly for zuhr and asr hardly will us up to 10 people buh during ramadan 2 to 3 saful it always amazing

1 Like

Re: What's The One Thing That Makes Ramadan So Special To You? by olasaad(f): 10:41pm On May 29, 2017
Ramadan always bring some kind of inner peace in me and I always feel happy as if I don't have any issues bothering me at all.

Then I love the sharing part of it. This give one the opportunity to visit family and relatives.

Then cooking, sharing and inviting people for iftaar. In fact I LOVE RAMADAN. Ramadan Mubarak to you all.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nationalism/tribalism/patriotism And The Ummah / Giving Back To The Society-stop Playing Defence! / Valentine's Day? Thedeenshow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.