Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone (1668 Views)

You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This / Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by Masteraddy(m): 11:50pm On May 26, 2017
[sup][/sup]
Hello, Am here today to share with you simple mistakes we make while charging our phones

1. Charging Your Phone With Cover Case on.

Your phone typically emits heat when charging. To avoid exposing your device to ambient temperatures, it’s advisable to remove the phone case while charging your phone so that the heat emitted from your phone while charging can escape.
This way you can prevent your device from becoming hotter and potentially overheating when charging. Charging your battery at uncomfortable temperatures can permanently damage battery capacity.

2. Charging Your Phone At Very Low Battery Level

Waiting for your battery to reach critically low level before charging is bad. The effect of this on your phone battery is not immediate, but over time it begins to manifest and it eventually stresses out your phone battery (yes, batteries get stressed too) and shortens the battery life. Think of your battery as a human body, you really don’t need to wait until you’re about to die before you rest and eat to recharge yourself.

3. Charging Your Phone With Just Any Charger That Fits.

This especially applies to smartphones. Most smartphone use a micro USB for its chargers and for this reasons most people tend to switch and swap chargers since it fits into and works on their phones.
However, this is not appropriate and in the long run it can negatively affect your phone battery. The fact that most smartphones have the same micro USB doesn’t mean all chargers and phones are compatible. Chargers have different capacity and that difference can be detrdetrimental to your phone.

4. Charging Your Phone in the Wrong Places

You should mind where you charge your phone, because not doing so can negatively affect your battery capacity. Phones have a temperature range they can function normally and charging your phone in a hot area can raise the temperature and stress the battery out.
Also, charging your phone in especially low temperature areas, like in front of an air conditioner, can also cause problems for your battery that will eventually affect its optimum performance.

Check more on this at: http://www.techandtip.com/2017/05/7-things-you-shouldnt-do-when-charging.html
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by Nastydroid(m): 11:56pm On May 26, 2017
you try
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by Masteraddy(m): 12:18am On May 27, 2017
Nastydroid:
you try
Thanks sir
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by dyfaze: 5:14am On May 27, 2017
Amazing! But no. 2 is what people do most.
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by umar4sure(m): 6:21am On May 27, 2017
guilty of all!
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by TechPanda(m): 8:05am On May 27, 2017
You're very correct with No. 3.
If I May Add.
5. Operating Your Phone While Charging.
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by tbabs10166(m): 9:17am On May 27, 2017
no 2 is usually beyond our control.....imaging staying in an area where u don't get more than 2 hrs light in a day....that's if at all there will be light for that day
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by LilSmith55(m): 9:41am On May 27, 2017
dyfaze:
Amazing! But no. 2 is what people do most.

Shebi na where steady lite dey na hin person dey charge fone everytime
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by branhampaul: 10:39am On May 27, 2017
No. 2 is gibberish. and stop comparing human beings to a chemical battery.
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by Youdondeymad: 11:30am On May 27, 2017
TechPanda:
You're very correct with No. 3.
If I May Add.
5. Operating Your Phone While Charging.
You are correct but I'm guilty of all...

Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by TechPanda(m): 11:36am On May 27, 2017
Youdondeymad:
You are correct but I'm guilty of all...

Heheh, That's Just One Part Of Being A Typical 'Nigerian'. Funny, Crazy And Sucidal

lol, Your name says it all

I just pray on judgement day, God doesn't declear us guilty of all the sins in the world grin grin
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by Youdondeymad: 11:57am On May 27, 2017
TechPanda:

Heheh, That's Just One Part Of Being A Typical 'Nigerian'. Funny, Crazy And Sucidal

lol, Your name says it all

I just pray on judgement day, God doesn't declear us guilty of all the sins in the world grin grin
grin grin grin Wetin do my monicker,somebody just mocked me now because of my monicker.

Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by TechPanda(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2017
Youdondeymad:
grin grin grin Wetin do my monicker,somebody just mocked me now because of my monicker.

hehe, nothing do you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by ddjay: 12:36pm On May 27, 2017
Masteraddy:

Thanks sir
clap clap clap clap clap... Masteraddy God bless you. clap clap clap clap clap clap.. Masteraddy God bless you
Re: 7 Things You Shouldn't Do When Charging Your Phone by Youdondeymad: 1:12pm On May 27, 2017
TechPanda:

hehe, nothing do you.
Have a great weekend.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Cool Smartphone's For Internet Speed Browsing / Tablet / HMD Global Unveil's New Nokia Steel Smartwatch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.