Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It (14722 Views)

How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) / Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter / The Important Things I Look For In Your Cv Before Inviting You For Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by Prec1ous(m): 4:19am On May 27, 2017
The career objective section on your CV or resume is a highlight of your personality and who you are.

This is where the recruiter gets to see if your goals and aspirations aligns with that of the organization.

This is the reason why, you cannot just put in any information and think it will work across boars for all recruiters.

This section is like a personal advertisement section and it should be appealing enough to the sight and understanding of different potential employers.

Your career objective must be dynamic and flexible to fit different jobs. It has to be specific ti each job type that you apply for.

The objective should be focused on the employer’s needs; and, not the job seeker’s desires.

After all it is the employer whom is seeking to solve a problem or fulfill some business needs through your skill sets.

HOW TO WRITE YOUR CAREER OBJECTIVE

- Be specific on what kind of job or job environment that you are applying for.
- Assess and ask yourself what makes you a perfect match and candidate for the job in question.
- Make it straight to the point.
- Avoid ambiguous and vague words and phrases that have no meaning.
- How to write the perfect Career Objective for your CV before job application
- How to write the perfect Career Objective for your CV before job application

EXAMPLE 1 OF SAMPLE CAREER OBJECTIVE:

Assuming you are creating a CV for a company that deals in computer sales, your career objective should take this form.

“A computer sales position in an organization seeking to exceed sales target and have great customer relations, possess relevant sales and marketing skills needed to add value to the organization”

EXAMPLE 2 OF SAMPLE CAREER OBJECTIVE :

You are to send your CV to a world class hotel as a P.R.O or assistant, this is your tailored career objective

“Seeking an entry level position in the hospitality industry where a background in advertising and public relations would be needed to enable my organization achieve its corporate objectives”

EXAMPLE 3 OF SAMPLE CAREER OBJECTIVE:

A career objective for candidate who studied Mathematics but with accounting knowledge and skills

“A mathematics graduate who is enthusiastic to find a position as a trainee accountant: reliable, trustworthy, numerate and meticulous.

Worked for a firm of seasoned chartered accountants and gained great knowledge and understanding of what is required of an accountant.

Able to work as part of a team with a flair for administrative duties”

In your career objective, you have to be clear and exact about your choices of job and state it clearly.

It should not lack focus, direction, creativity, meaning and objectivity.

SOURCE: How to write the perfect Career Objective for your CV before job application
Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by Prec1ous(m): 4:19am On May 27, 2017

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by Prec1ous(m): 4:33am On May 27, 2017
What if i give you a book CALLED

CV | RESUME and COVER LETTER MANUAL

AND HERE ARE YOUR BENEFITS ...

TOP FEATURE AND WHAT YOU ARE MISSING OUT …

• Over 50 tips to get creative with your SEDUCTIVE CV | RESUME
• Checklist to put you in the right direction in compiling your CV.
• Best arrangement for a STANDARD CV | RESUME that can be tendered anywhere in the world.
• How to write a MAGICAL cover letter that get you the interviewers’ attention.
• Think like the Organization and write for the organization.
• And even more ...

HOW TO DOWN LOAD
CLICK THE LINK BELOW AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE DOWNLOAD PAGE

DOWNLOAD CV | RESUME AND COVER LETTER MANUAL NOW

2 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by Nobody: 7:43am On May 27, 2017
Okay thanks, looking it up now.
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by ignis: 7:43am On May 27, 2017
There are so many conflicting format of CV. Whats acceptable to A might not be to B.

I will advise everyone to do their best and pray God bless our huzzle.

6 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by smartty68(m): 7:44am On May 27, 2017
Infact OP, iyam tired already of this CVs making FP already.

You go write CV add all the sweet condiments inside still them go give am to person wey them sabi... I no dey find work again ni

Nepotism & Naija 5&6...

3 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by sbashir10(m): 7:45am On May 27, 2017
who C. V don help, infact in Nigeria you don't need C. V to get a good job, just know someone who knows someone who knows someone, and the rest is History

4 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by sukkot: 7:45am On May 27, 2017
bros forget that thing. work is for the zombies

1 Like

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by playcharles(m): 7:48am On May 27, 2017
All this write, draw, include, attach, remove on your cv is non sense ... just write and include the write words with time God will pick your call... Make una just leave all the cv writer and cover letter hustlers... Na their pocket them they fight for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by Bugatie(m): 7:52am On May 27, 2017
sbashir10:
who C. V don help, infact in Nigeria you don't need C. V to get a good job, just know someone who knows someone who knows someone, and the rest in History

Naija go better, some day...... I believe
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by Sultanchidi(m): 7:53am On May 27, 2017
The best objective is, my father is a friend of the current senator representing our senatorial district
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by oshe11: 7:54am On May 27, 2017
Jst mk sure U put ur letter of Recomendatn from "YOU KNOW WHO" on top of the CV cos nw onli dat one gt meaning in 9ja grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by playcharles(m): 7:55am On May 27, 2017
Oga Seun, please advice your moderators to push something nice on front page, we are tired of all this CV and Cover letter hustlers
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by dingbang(m): 7:57am On May 27, 2017
Cv CV CV CV. Wetin......
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by micholo123(m): 8:06am On May 27, 2017
Some recruiters only check the vital information they need from the CVs especially when the applicants are numerous.
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by nenergy(m): 8:07am On May 27, 2017
Career Objectives are outdated. Professional Profiles have taken over. A PP is a combination of your profile and objectives. Tell them who your are, what you've done and your aspirations. Simple!

5 Likes

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by Nobody: 9:13am On May 27, 2017
Career Objectives should not be on CVs instead Summary should!
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by Heshei: 9:25am On May 27, 2017
Just a 4 line summary that sells your values is enough
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by gevans(m): 12:39pm On May 27, 2017
hustlers
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by rosalieene(f): 12:53pm On May 27, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by tushbobo(m): 1:29pm On May 27, 2017
It's good to write CVs. The most important tip I know of is to use action words.However, everyone has something unique to sell. Hence developing that side of yourself is the most important route to success.
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by palladin: 3:41pm On May 27, 2017
Build your resume with CV Builder for smart resumes (Android App). The app will style your resume for you. Simply fill in the forms available. You can build multiple cvs and the app will output them in PDF of 8 different styles/templates/layouts

The app is available on playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hydraapps.cvbuilder

see attached pix

1 Like

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by KillerBeauty(f): 4:03pm On May 27, 2017
The objective should be focused on the employer’s needs; and, not the job seeker’s desires.

After all it is the employer whom is seeking to solve a problem or fulfill some business needs through your skill sets.

Wrong. Career objective should be focused on both your needs and the employers need.

And what about me? Don't I have my own need to fulfil?
Every employee have their own personal problem to solve that is why they took time to learn a skill.

I can never write a career objective without stating what I want from the company too

1 Like

Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 27, 2017
okay, cool.
Re: How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It by missvaj2015(f): 7:48pm On May 27, 2017
Helo guys!. Am trying to upload an article on nairaland bt I don't know how to go about it. Plz I need your help.

(1) (Reply)

Career Opportunities At Coca-cola Hellenic Bottling Company / Dangote Group Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment May 2018 (10 Positions) / Vacancies At Teachfornigeria.org

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.