Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

5 Reasons Why Nigerians Love Ramadan - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Love Ramadan (9692 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Love Ramadan by sher1f(m): 3:12pm On May 27, 2017
Ramadan kareem

Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Love Ramadan by lepasharon(f): 3:48pm On May 27, 2017
farouk0403:

what of christianity?

The same
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Love Ramadan by farouk0403(m): 3:52pm On May 27, 2017
lepasharon:

The same

Everyone has his/her own choice to make I choose islam because i belief in it.

what about you?

Are you an Atheist or a pagan?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Love Ramadan by Ramaa(m): 5:41pm On May 27, 2017
farouk0403:

what of christianity?
All are the but christianity preach peace and love....there's no problem with that because we all like to see peace but this islam spread hates and killings....there is no peace in islam...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Love Ramadan by farouk0403(m): 6:30pm On May 27, 2017
Ramaa:
All are the but christianity preach peace and love....there's no problem with that because we all like to see peace but this islam spread hates and killings....there is no peace in islam...

And where do you get that idea from??

was islam like this in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's?

Islam was peaceful religion before the western invasion in the middle east as a result of greediness to gain world power.

Although we have some aggressive beings that can't control their tempers in a slightest provocation they will retaliate, Even christianity there are such people, typical example is the igbos.

You have your religion i have mine, say whatever you like regarding my religion it wont hurt me, i am immune to that.

peace
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Love Ramadan by Ridah(f): 4:59am On May 28, 2017
[sub][/sub][/b][quote author=maclatunji post=56922873]For the next 29 or 30 days, Muslim faithful in Nigeria and in different parts of the world will abstain from food and drink from dawn to dusk. Ramadan is one of the key tenets or pillars of the religion and many Nigerians can wait for it to start. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares reasons why Nigerians love fasting.

[b]Free food

There is so much to eat and drink during fasting especially when it is time to break the fast. Many mosques dish out free food that even non-Muslims come around to eat.

Save more

Since you will spend less, there is every likelihood that you will save more when compared to the days you are not fasting.

No flirty eyes

This is for men especially. They are encouraged to lower their gaze and be more conscious of what they look at. This is because lusting over a woman and almost undressing her with their eyes may render their fast null and void.

[b]Less smoking and drinking[/

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Of Jinn -I / Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance / Best! Best Time For Making (dua) Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.