Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN (34872 Views)

7 Simple Tips On How To Write Professional E-mails / Professional Exams For Transport Management / IT Professional Exams: Their current prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by MrSly(m): 9:30am On May 28, 2017
wadetaw202:

You are 'relegated' to community of people with low knowledge... How have you impacted the community to enhance their knowledge?
You seem not to get the point I was trying to make.
I mean that teacher are viewed(by many) as people with low level of knowledge. Hence, the discrimination between their salary structure and that of the rest of labour force in Nigeria.
Nigeria and her citizens must learn to appreciate teachers.

1 Like

Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by wadetaw202: 9:33am On May 28, 2017
MrSly:

You seem not to get the point I was trying to make.
I mean that teacher are viewed(by many) as people with low level of knowledge. Hence, the discrimination between their salary structure and that of the rest of labour force in Nigeria.
Nigeria and her citizens must learn to appreciate teachers.

Maybe it's because teachers portray themselves as people with low knowledge
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by hardbody: 9:34am On May 28, 2017
creamylicious:
you can dig further from yr sis inlaw na

That will be futile i suppose. She is already registered and won't be writing the qualifying exams. Plus I don't want to probe too much, but certainly it won't go beyond the realms of what you do.

I recall writing qualifying exams for masters in UNILAG, questions prepared by WAEC, it was basically quantitative and qualitative reasoning. The more difficult ones were set earliest. I started from the last questions in the last pages. I covered more grounds and came out second best in that exam with about 68% . My point, be prepared to be versatile and approach them as they come.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Odunharry(m): 9:35am On May 28, 2017
creamylicious:
exams in October and no syllabus yet how are we supposed study huh??
Are you also a Teacher??

Happy Birthday to you.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Odunharry(m): 9:38am On May 28, 2017
BigBelleControl:
Instead of exam, why can't they organize training. The truth of the matter is examination is not a true test of knowledge only that it is the best available option. Moreover, what are they going to test them on.
Some of them attend training and workshops.
The exam i think is just to fish out those that are unqualified to teach .
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Halo22: 9:45am On May 28, 2017
I don't understand what these people are turning this country to. Teaching job that is the last resort of an average graduate in Nigeria is what they now want to bring these rigorous measures into. Though am a teacher and am certain i will always pass whatever exam they want to introduce, but still, this is a gateway to unemployment because i see no reason a teacher that is being paid a meagre amount of about #25000 will feel comfortable sitting for such exam. They should think of ways to better the wellbeing of teachers so that most of them that engage in other petty businesses will concentrate fully on their primary duty.

3 Likes

Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by creamylicious(f): 9:45am On May 28, 2017
hardbody:

That will be futile i suppose. She is already registered and won't be writing the qualifying exams. Plus I don't want to probe too much, but certainly it won't go beyond the realms of what you do.

I recall writing qualifying exams for masters in UNILAG, questions prepared by WAEC, it was basically quantitative and qualitative reasoning. The more difficult ones were set earliest. I started from the last questions in the last pages. I covered more grounds and came out second best in that exam with about 68% . My point, be prepared to be versatile and approach them as they come.
hmmmmmmmm....... efiko .... i wanted to hate on u with dat 68% second best
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by creamylicious(f): 9:46am On May 28, 2017
Odunharry:
Are you also a Teacher??
Happy Birthday to you.
thank you sir n yes i am
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by psalmson001: 10:03am On May 28, 2017
uglodoh:

Maybe your children attend "Jesus come and eat Satan go Away" school.

Lol....
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by uglodoh(f): 10:25am On May 28, 2017
wadetaw202:

Is it always about what the teacher gain? Why aren't you talking about what their students will gain?

What teachers need is more of training not paper qualification. There are many teachers teaching in various schools committing a lot of atrocities. They can easily pass the exam and continue with the atrocities. I am in the educational sector. I know the rot in that sector. Teacher of then cannot be compared to teacher of nowadays. Teachers of today think of money thereby indulging themselves in examination malpractices. Will the TRCN stop that. What is the function of NUT. It has no impact in the educational sector. It is the same NUT that will constitute board of the TRCN. Teacher to know more of rudiments of education and not paper qualification.

2 Likes

Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by uglodoh(f): 10:29am On May 28, 2017
Odunharry:

Some of them attend training and workshops.
The exam i think is just to fish out those that are unqualified to teach .

After getting the NCE. B. ED and PGDE you are still not qualified to teach. Are you saying that without professional qualification people cannot work in the banks?

1 Like

Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by hardbody: 10:33am On May 28, 2017
creamylicious:
hmmmmmmmm....... efiko .... i wanted to hate on u with dat 68% second best

Ntoooor......I am good like that....and i am being very modest....
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by sanusikebbe(m): 10:59am On May 28, 2017
smartty68:
On that day some teachers would be like...
Photoshop Abi?
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Odunharry(m): 11:03am On May 28, 2017
uglodoh:

After getting the NCE. B. ED and PGDE you are still not qualified to teach. Are you saying that without professional qualification people cannot work in the banks?
Once you have all those you are qualified to teach..
Trcn is a body in charge of regulation of the teaching profession in Nigeria. hence, the need to register with them.

I remember few years back, a lecturer was advising us we register with the council where you have to pay a certain amount to get a license.
The amount varies though depending on the level of Education attain.

Also Read somewhere that you can apply for teaching job abroad ad the Certificate is recognise globally and they are members of International forum for teaching regulatory authorities and also Africa forum for teaching regulatory authority.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Originalsly: 11:09am On May 28, 2017
MrSly:

What have teachers ever gained in this country? Is it their abysmally low stipend? or the relegation of their worth to 'community of people with low knowledge'? or the stress they undergo.
It is high time we truly appreciated teachers and genuinely respected them.
What has teachers gained in other countries? ... good teachers are always...always appreciated and genuinely respected. The problem is the door has been opened for any Tom, Dick or Harry to enter the profession and they have been giving teachers a bad name and unable to educate our children. This is a good step to clear out all the square pegs masquerading as teachers.

1 Like

Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Prince16: 11:21am On May 28, 2017
creamylicious:
Don't mind them.
Its all about d money. TRCN Registration fee alone costs #6000 while d annual fee is 3k.

Do u know d funny thing?
You'll be exempt ed from writing d teachers' exam once u register on or b4 may 31st grin
Then what's d purpose of d exam if u can bypass it thru d 6k registration? undecided
So, what does dt tell u and I? wink
Halo22, odunharry, tekzyflex, olaa uglodoh
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by uglodoh(f): 11:41am On May 28, 2017
Odunharry:

Once you have all those you are qualified to teach..
Trcn is a body in charge of regulation of the teaching profession in Nigeria. hence, the need to register with them.

I remember few years back, a lecturer was advising us we register with the council where you have to pay a certain amount to get a license.
The amount varies though depending on the level of Education attain.

Also Read somewhere that you can apply for teaching job abroad ad the Certificate is recognise globally and they are members of International forum for teaching regulatory authorities and also Africa forum for teaching regulatory authority.

okay thanks.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by begwong: 11:50am On May 28, 2017
Thank God say I dey retire this year ooo...
Jamb keh, Waec ni
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Tekzyflex(m): 11:57am On May 28, 2017
Nobody is talking about increment of teachers salaries,promotions and other incentives. Smeeling country!

2 Likes

Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by obyrich(m): 12:46pm On May 28, 2017
creamylicious:
Happy birthday. Don't worry you will pass.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by creamylicious(f): 12:47pm On May 28, 2017
obyrich:
Happy birthday. Don't worry you will pass.
our parents those days will say passing is nat by magic
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Olaa: 1:00pm On May 28, 2017
Teacherjobs:
The Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) yesterday said that presentation of certificates and degrees would no longer suffice for teachers’ registration.
The TRCN Director, Professional Operations, Dr Steve Nwokeocha, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that teachers would now write professional qualifying examinations.
“Teachers will no longer get registered by mere presentation of their certificates, but they will have to write professional examination.
“Teachers are to resume professional qualifying examinations, and the models are being developed and finalised,’’ he said.
Nwokeocha said the council was developing a standard syllabus as a professional body and would present it to stakeholders like National Universities Commission, among others, for validation.
According to him, once it is validated, we will set a date for the examination, and from there henceforth, there will be no registration without an examination.
He said that in 2008, a pilot examination was written and over 50,000 candidates wrote the examination in all states of the federation.
The director said this would be the second edition of the examination, adding that the first was experimental and recorded huge success.
He said that the council collaborated with the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in the first edition, stressing that it was written in the same manner that JAMB was written.
Nwokeocha said about 25,000 out of the 50,000 teachers that wrote the examination failed and this was reflective of the quality of training that they were getting.
“We had to suspend the pilot examination because the council did not have a syllabus at that time.
“And people asked that a few more things like a model, among others, should be put in place before the examination will be conducted again,’’ he said.

He said that the council had done its research and had developed a standard model, syllabus among others.
He added that the examination would be written twice yearly and that the council was making efforts to ensure standard and quality in the system.

http://www.teacher.com.ng/teachers-start-writing-professional-exams-trcn/

Start from the so called already qualified members with re validation exam.. Stop creating barriers after you used just certificates to become members.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Kelly2713(m): 1:03pm On May 28, 2017
Chanchit:

Lmao! its like you don't know your country, na jeje I Sidon like 6yrs ago, my then girlfriend got me the deal to go invigilate teachers exam, I saw almost all my primary school teachers there, all of them just dey carry expo, not in small paper o, big text books, I even had to help some use google sef.
grin
Chanchit:

Lmao! its like you don't know your country, na jeje I Sidon like 6yrs ago, my then girlfriend got me the deal to go invigilate teachers exam, I saw almost all my primary school teachers there, all of them just dey carry expo, not in small paper o, big text books, I even had to help some use google sef.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 28, 2017
Hey Fellow,

Who gave you the power to massage our emotions!

Take your time please; although all you said above are all correct!! grin grin

OrestesDante:
Yeye dy smell. I repeat yeye dey smell

1. As far as most of our graduates are concerned even MSc. holders. Teaching is their last hope.

2. A lot of private schools in Nigeria will be in deep sh*t

3. Unemployment will be 50% higher grin

4. Many B.Sc holders will want to go for PGDE (For those instrested in teaching) and University inflate their tuition.

5. OND holders are in deep Sh*t

6. SSCE holders are sh*t themselves.

7. 60% of N-power teachers should be saving because they will soon be sacked.

.... The list is endless. I'm waiting for the drama
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by uhuru77: 2:15pm On May 28, 2017
It should be planned very well and a enough time given for it to work.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by entrepreneurmic: 3:56pm On May 28, 2017
Amosjaj:
Kogi teachers are you ready? Awon olodo
READY FOR WHAT? GOVERNMENT AT ALL LEVEL SHOULD PAY TEACHERS A MINIMUM OF N300000 NAIRA, THEN I WILL KNOW THAT THEY ARE SERIOUS WITH THE EDUCATION SECTOR.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by Rajosh(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2017
wadetaw202:

If you are a teacher and you write the exam, my crystal ball says you'll fail. Just don't show up at d venue. Tell them you have running stomach or just tell them anything, but sha don't show up.
Runny stomach not running stomach.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by judedwriter(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2017
Hmmmm...for many teaching is the fastest way out of unemployment! This policy is just like adding petrol to this inferno called unemployment in nigeria.
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by wadetaw202: 6:29pm On May 28, 2017
Rajosh:
Runny stomach not running stomach.

Thank you. My bad
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by justmenoni: 8:46pm On May 28, 2017
Ghen ghen
Re: All Teachers To Write Professional Exams In October – TRCN by osazsky(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2017
Will n power write? Cos I know most of them will fail cos dey are lazy and very reluctant I ve one of dem in my area. They feel they know much but notin dey their head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Who Rehabilitated A Destitute Losses Her Job, See Her Reaction / Canadian Visa Application(hub) A Guide On How To Get Your Visa Approved / Radiography Vs Nursing Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.