Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,491 members, 7,826,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Delta Stands Still As Yadi Matriarch Goes Home... (photos) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Delta Stands Still As Yadi Matriarch Goes Home... (photos) (590 Views)

God Showed Me My Mother Was About To Die - Fidelis Yadi / My Mother Fried Akara To Train Us - Mr Yadi Jerome / Groom Stands On A Groomsman To Kiss Bride (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Stands Still As Yadi Matriarch Goes Home... (photos) by badohemmy(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2017
The body of late Mrs Florence Ngbueke Ebigwai was laid to rest at her family compound in Ute-Ogbeje in Ika-North East, Delta state, as encomiums poured from family and friends.
The Yadi matriarch, who has six children, including Mr. Greg Yadi, Mr. Jerome Yadi, Mrs. Mary Basil Okoh, Mr. Fidelis Yadi, Mrs Stella Okonkwo, Mr. Samuel Yadi, and many grandchildren, was described as a virtuous woman, a great cook and an embodiment of love.
While speaking to Universal Reporter, Mrs. Stella Okonkwo, called Mrs Ebigwai her "beloved mother". She described her death like a dream she wished she can wake up from.
"Mama's a friend to all. She was very close to everybody. She was love by everyone of us," Mrs. Okonkwo said.
She continued that "mama taught us to be patient, to be tolerant, to respect everybody and to listen to voices that speak at any given time.
Samuel Yadi, the last son of Mrs. Ebigwai said: "I could not stand the shock, I could not stand the emotional trauma. It was indeed a thunderstorm in my heart, because I love her so much."
Samuel who spoke on mama's biggest attributes continued "She's a bundle of love. She made me understand that money is not everything." He urged everyone to inculcate the spirit of love, insisting that only those who give love receive same in return.
Mr. Jerome Yadi, one of mama's older sons eulogized her by calling her an "embodiment of love." He pointed out that "When we were crying during her interment, it was out of love because of the person she is."
"I wish she would have live for up to 100 years, because I did not receive the news with joy." he stated.
Meanwhile, Mr. Fidelis Yadi who said he loved his mother so much just as she loved him, encouraged his siblings to "be consoled because death is a debt everybody must pay."
He continued that "death is not a bad thing... the only thing a man can do is to prepare himself for it. If death can meet me right now, it is not a bad thing to me. All I need to do is prepare myself because I know where I'm going is far better than were I am." He said.
The Bishop of Issele- Uku Diocese, Most Rev. Dr. Michael Odogwu Elue who was the chief celebrant, encouraged the family to take solace in the fact that mama was with God.

Mama who was put to rest yesterday (Friday), died on the 24th of May, 2017, aged 83.

https://www.facebook.com/UniversalReporter1/?notify_field=blurb&modal=profile_completion&ref=notif&notif_t=page_fan&notif_id=1495873648232342

Re: Delta Stands Still As Yadi Matriarch Goes Home... (photos) by badohemmy(m): 5:03pm On May 27, 2017
More photos below...

Re: Delta Stands Still As Yadi Matriarch Goes Home... (photos) by badohemmy(m): 5:09pm On May 27, 2017
See more pictures below
Re: Delta Stands Still As Yadi Matriarch Goes Home... (photos) by badohemmy(m): 5:14pm On May 27, 2017
See photos

(1) (Reply)

Re U An Event Planner, You Want People To Order 4 Ur Services Online / Shocker: Family Of Four Dies A Day To Christmas (photos) / Beautiful Chinese Girl Rides Bicycle From Morocco To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.