Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

10 Basics Of Christian Walk - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Basics Of Christian Walk (4129 Views)

Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / Mike Bamiloye: Witchcraft Made Me Go Into Production Of Christian Movies / 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Basics Of Christian Walk by Nobody: 6:04am On May 28, 2017
Now that I am saved, what do I do next?

This is a very common question for people who have just recently been saved. Awhile back ago, I read that 50% of people who get saved drop out of their walks with the Lord within the first year or two. I believe the number one reason why so many new Christians drop out of their walks with the Lord is because they do not know what to really do next. They either do not get the proper teaching and coaching from other Christians they are associated with, or the Church they have joined does not have any kind of good, solid, progressive teaching system in place to lead them on their new journey with the Lord. The apostle Paul says you have to “work out" your salvation with fear and trembling.
Salvation is just the beginning. God has a perfect plan and destiny set up for each person’s life. Once you become saved and become born again, God will now set out an incredible adventure for you to embark on. You are now being given a brand new life with a brand new fresh start. All old things have now passed away and all things have now been made truly brand new. Here are what I call the basics of the Christian walk. These are the specific areas that each new Christian has to be gradually led into if they are really going to enter into the real walk with the Lord.

1.The Full Surrender

2. Become Spirit-Filled

3. Establish Faith and Trust in God

4. Walk in all of God’s Ways

5. Develop a Good Personal Relationship with the Lord

6. Develop a Good, Strong, Prayer Life With the Lord

7. Enter Into a True Sanctification Process With the Lord

8. Seek after the Knowledge of God

9. Establish Good Personal Relationships With Other Christians

10. Join a Good Spirit-Filled Church

Mynd44. Lalasticlala

10 Likes

Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by Redoil: 6:13am On May 28, 2017
Nairalanders how market?
May the joy and happiness found in heaven be with you and ur entire family this sunday,
May you walk and never stumbke
If you walk and stumble may you stumble upon divine blessing in jesus name.
Click Share so as to share with others to recieve the blessing

2 Likes

Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by DebbyChris(f): 6:36am On May 28, 2017
Great Happy Sunday everyone
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by Innodon(m): 7:18am On May 28, 2017
Ok
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by sunnysunny69(m): 7:19am On May 28, 2017
Nice one
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by Mhissgaga(f): 7:21am On May 28, 2017
Cool
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by ignis: 7:21am On May 28, 2017
All thisv10 basics are only possible by the grace of God. It's not easy at all.
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 7:22am On May 28, 2017
Ok
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by klarke(m): 7:24am On May 28, 2017
Inspiring, thank you?
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by eezeribe(m): 7:28am On May 28, 2017
Theory
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by eezeribe(m): 7:29am On May 28, 2017
ignis:
Exactly
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by latsy: 7:34am On May 28, 2017
In Christianity, anything can be justified,
that is when you will hear I am covered by
grace.
This 10 walks is too long, the important
one followed by most christian is to attend
church service, defend pastor and pay tithe.
Anything goes after that.

1 Like

Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by malvisguy212: 7:54am On May 28, 2017
ignis:
it is easy only when you chose to listen to the word of God, the bible say Faith comes by hearing and hearing through the word of God.
fear also come by hearing. your comment imply fear, and if a christian read it, it will seems as an uphill task to obey the word of God. faith and fear, which do you preferred to hear ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by Nobody: 8:05am On May 28, 2017
latsy:
In Christianity, anything can be justified,
that is when you will hear I am covered by
grace.
This 10 walks is too long, the important
one followed by most christian is to attend
church service, defend pastor and pay tithe.
Anything goes after that.

No one is a true Christian, I repeat no one is a true Christian
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by FitnessDoctor: 8:07am On May 28, 2017
I think the Church system has failed in Nigeria just as the Education system has failed..

You wouldn't believe that insultive jokes... and even insults like ode, fool, idiot are said by people that go into hot prayers every night... I wonder what being Christ-like is all about since everyone does not want to take Christianity seriously (have a little fun they will say)..

The Lord is merciful
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by gidjah(m): 8:28am On May 28, 2017
the Christian race.....very getting more complex thanks to the ever never learning to stay with the truth followers and the always distracted and gluttonic church leaders we have this days. The old rugged cross kind of Christianpractice has been forgotten, what we now have is this new aged jamboree Christianity.The partying Christian and the partying gospel, thus this Basics can not be complied with for too long by many followers. God will help US all

1 Like

Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by seunny4lif(m): 9:44am On May 28, 2017
Happy Sunday my people
May the grace of the Lord be with you all
I'm happy

1 Like

Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by Psalmpy(m): 10:49am On May 28, 2017
Happy Sunday How was service today? and to my other brothers How's your fasting going?
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by ignis: 11:21am On May 28, 2017
malvisguy212:
it is easy only when you chose to listen to the word of God, the bible say Faith comes by hearing and hearing through the word of God.
fear also come by hearing. your comment imply fear, and if a christian read it, it will seems as an uphill task to obey the word of God. faith and fear, which do you preferred to hear ?
You are right and you are wrong.
The most difficult thing to do in this world is obeying the word of God. Ask Abraham and Jonah. Jesus have to say if possible let this cup pass.
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by Meelaw(m): 1:28pm On May 28, 2017
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by donttouch: 6:08pm On May 28, 2017
ignis:

You are right and you are wrong.
The most difficult thing to do in this world is obeying the word of God. Ask Abraham and Jonah. Jesus have to say if possible let this cup pass.

That sounds like the voice of the serpent.
Re: 10 Basics Of Christian Walk by Daraplato(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2017
Awesome post bro.

Please I just need you to see this.

1 Corinthians 6:11 (NKJV) And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Sanctification is not a process. We have been sanctified. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Baptism Of Jesus Is The Antitype Of Salvation For Sinners / Psalms 50 - Reveals The Heart And Mind Of God On Giving/tithing / How I Became A Christian Believer And An Evangelist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.