Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... (472 Views)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / I Am A Christian But Dont Believe In Heaven Or Hell / Malachi 3 Is Not Talking To Christian But Isreal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by tayooluwole: 8:00am On May 28, 2017
I dont know why, I have a christian background and I claim to be christian in any where I am, but I always see Sunday as normal day... I wake up on Sunday just like I wake up on a normal day like Wednesday or thursday... It never comes to mind at all that they do go to church on Sunday until I hear a sound of church things through my window from a nearby church and even at this, my aspiration will remain indifferent to those of normal days... These days my thinking is somehow, I doubt many religion things in my mind, but I remain supportive to religion in physical discussion cos of backlash... I do believe in the existence of God but sometimes, somehow and incidentally doubt did crawl into my thinking.... Pls help, is there any reason and solution for this.....?
Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by rheether(f): 8:03am On May 28, 2017
But Sundays are normal days nah..

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by tayooluwole: 8:11am On May 28, 2017
rheether:
But Sundays are normal days nah..

Yes, but I think, as a christian, what should come to your mind on Sunday is religion things, like going to church and some other stuffs....
Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by Nobody: 8:14am On May 28, 2017
@tayooluwole you aren't a Christian, you're a church goer. That's if you even go to church sef
Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by Pastafarian: 8:20am On May 28, 2017
frenchwine:
@tayooluwole you aren't a Christian, you're a church goer. That's if you even go to church sef

No true Scotsman fallacy

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by thesicilian: 8:23am On May 28, 2017
Sunday is indeed a normal day for a good Christian. It is only nominal Christians (church goers) that see Sunday as a special day.
A good Christian praises God everyday, worships Him every day, studies the scriptures, and prays daily. Most times he or she goes for services even during the weekdays. How is this any different from what goes on on Sunday?

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by ipobarecriminals: 8:42am On May 28, 2017
Sundays isn't like any oda day,it a special HOLY DAY.Dedicate dat day to SERVE GOD.
Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by Boomboost(m): 8:49am On May 28, 2017
Check yourself if you're gradually backsliding. Or it could be the corruption in churches around your local area that makes you not feel like going to Church.

1Jn 2:29 and 1Jn 3:7 should be the watchword of Heaven conscious Christians.
Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by latsy: 10:00am On May 28, 2017
OP, there is nothing wrong with you, Sundays are normal days
the difference being that some go to church and dance on Sundays.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by An2elect2(f): 10:07am On May 28, 2017
No one was born a Christian. Christians are people who experience the second birth.

You are in the same state I was when I nursed doubts and started asking questions about God. Who knows if God has quickened you too. Seek Him and you would find Him.

Then they would beg me to go church I would say no way until I know this God for myself and if He truly exists He should reveal to me.

Long story short, God revealed Himself to me completely one evening. When I heard the gospel it was as if I was hearing it for the first time. grin

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by mexxmoney: 10:47am On May 28, 2017
Op you don't need any help. Sunday is a normal day. Like any other day
Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by mexxmoney: 10:48am On May 28, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
Sundays isn't like any oda day,it a special HOLY DAY.Dedicate dat day to SERVE GOD.

What makes Sunday a special holy day?
Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by stevecantrell: 2:40pm On May 28, 2017
Sunday is really a normal day go to Israel and the rest of the middle east, everyone is at work in their offices at the moment.
The Roman catholic church have supplanted the 7th day with a counterfeit.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am A Christian But I See Sunday As Normal Day... by Monogamy: 3:47pm On May 28, 2017
Have you heard/read about Third eye Chakra?

(1) (Reply)

He Wants To Meet God / T.B Joshua Knew Too Much That Is Why He Is Being Persecuted - FFK / I Came Across This Yesterday, It Happened At Cac Church Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.