Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress (709 Views)

My Site Is Displaying Mobile Version On Desktop / Windows 10 Running On Just 1% Of UK NHS Systems / How To Hide The Default User Registration Form In Joomla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress by arize99: 11:40am On May 28, 2017
Someone can know if you are using WordPress by using isitwp or whatcms or any other tool online to know the platform u r using to run your site. But some people hide their own without those tools being able to detect that the site is a WordPress site.

How can one hide that fact that he is running a wordpress site?
Re: How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress by donsheddy1(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2017
Does it really matter if you're running on wordpress? I think what you're trying to hide is your wordpress theme cos u like originality and can't afford to pay to get a custom wp theme and can't risk other people knowing the name of the theme so they'll not use it on their own website.

For me a go for custom themes which hides certain info and not tell the name of the theme you're using. For illustration check subdelight.com.ng to know the theme that was used.
Re: How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress by Bobody(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2017
Here are the common ways WordPress site is been detected:

- Default readme.txt and config.php file
- wp-admin
- wp-login.php
- wp-content
- wp-includes
- URL/comment.php
- CSS Version number e.g style.css?v3.7

A plugin called Hidemywp can handle the task like a boss but the plugin is a premium one and if you can't buy it's not advisable but I can give you a nulled version of it but better still find related plugins in store. Also, you can play around your WordPress .htaccess file and make use of the rewrite rule, it'll be easier. All you have to do is make all the above pages and folders return a 404 error
grin

Welcome to the league, your wp can no longer be detected EASILY. wink
Re: How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress by donsheddy1(m): 3:32pm On May 28, 2017
Bobody, Please show me a theme u used this method on let me check to see if the theme is hidden. And please OP don't opt for nulled plugins for your website cos some of this have backdoors for the hackers who made them nulled.

1 Like

Re: How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress by talk2hb1(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2017
Thare are ways to customise WordPress mAnually!
I cant remember it anymore, I will go through my library again.
Re: How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress by Bobody(m): 6:51pm On May 28, 2017
donsheddy1:
Bobody, Please show me a theme u used this method on let me check to see if the theme is hidden. And please OP don't opt for nulled plugins for your website cos some of this have backdoors for the hackers who made them nulled.

I didn't use it for a theme, I used it for a whole WordPress site using the nulled version of the plugin and later on I removed the stuff and just focused on using plugins like WP Security, Secure my WP, they rock too.
Re: How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress by oswaggiee(m): 11:26pm On May 28, 2017
Use all the plugins in the world ooh..all the codes you can think of...I will still know!
Re: How To Hide The Fact That Your Site Is Running On Wordpress by bedfordng(m): 9:23am On May 29, 2017
well, no matter what plugin you use, if a savvy person see it, they will still.know its a WordPress blog. no need using third party site to check it except the person is only a visitor who came to read articles. an hacker will know immediately he visits.

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Whatsapp On Pc / How To Buy Customized Bulk SMS With Bitcoin & Ethereum / I Wanna Sell Dis Blog For 2k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.