Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Clarification Needed; The Difference Between IBO And Igbo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Clarification Needed; The Difference Between IBO And Igbo (1692 Views)

Is This True About Edo, Yoruba, Ibo And Calabar Ladies? / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clarification Needed; The Difference Between IBO And Igbo by TopsyKrete: 8:03pm On May 28, 2017
I used to think IBO is the tribe while Igbo is the language, but these days, it seems the "IBO" word has been been replaced. Am I missing something? I need help in this area my enlightened ones, thanks.
Re: Clarification Needed; The Difference Between IBO And Igbo by SUPERPACK: 8:14pm On May 28, 2017
Oh! U don't know ...ur bad!!! Listen carefully "Igbo" is d one dat makes YOU high "IBO" is a tribe in Naija Choose d one you r looking for...hope dat helped.
Re: Clarification Needed; The Difference Between IBO And Igbo by mazimee(m): 8:22pm On May 28, 2017
IGBO was pronounced as "Ibo" by white men. They equally wrote it the way they pronounce it. The real pronunciation is "Igbo", the Language is Igbo, the Tribe is Igbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clarification Needed; The Difference Between IBO And Igbo by TopsyKrete: 7:23am On May 29, 2017
mazimee:
IGBO was pronounced as "Ibo" by white men. They equally wrote it the way they pronounce it. The real pronunciation is "Igbo", the Language is Igbo, the Tribe is Igbo.

Thanks for the enlightenment

(1) (Reply)

Brief History Of Idoani / Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. / Ogun Tafi Ma Nba Owo Ninu Poosi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.