Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs) (1292 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Unveils The All-New 2019 G550 G-Wagon / Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million / Rolls Royce ‘sweptail’: The Most Expensive Car Ever Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs) by MotoringNigeria: 2:20am On May 29, 2017
Are you a fan of luxury cars? Well the Rolls Royce Sweptail will amaze you. Last weekend at the Concorso d’Eleganza concours festival held at Villa d’Este, Italy, Rolls Royce unveiled what could be the most expensive car ever named the Sweptail.

The Sweptail’s production process was initiated in 2013 and its design is inspired by racing yachts. The beautiful but weird looking vehicle took two good years to complete and it’s totally handmade…sounds crazy but it’s true. The proud owner of the Sweptail, described by Rolls-Royce in a press release as a “connoisseur and collector of distinctive, one-off items including super-yachts and private aircraft” went to the car manufacturing company and requested for a car inspired by the Rolls-Royces as far back as the 20s and 30s.

The vehicle which is said to cost around £10 million (over $12.8 million) has some really cool specifications. From the front, it looks pretty much like every other Rolls Royce with its thin LED lights and massive chrome grille. You would also love to know that the “08” numbers engraved at the front and rear are milled from aluminium ingots, and represent the Sweptail’s identification and registration marks. Its pointed rear with the see-through glass cover on top is definitely something you could impossibly miss, giving it that yacht-ish look.

Beneath the hood, the Sweptail carries the Phantom’s 6.7-litre V12 engine, producing 453bhp. Amidst its massive size, the Sweptail comes with just two ‘Moccasin and Dark Spice’ leather covered car seats, a better percentage of its interior is covered with same leather, ebony and paldao wood veneers. Plus, Rolls-Royce claims the car’s interior is ‘the cleanest dashboard to date’.

The interior rear consists of a ‘Passarelle’ (‘bridge’ in French) which is finished in ‘Madagascar Ebony’ veneer, storage spaces and a luggage set.

The Sweptail definitely a sight for sour eyes. What are your thoughts? Do share with us in the comments section below.

http://www.motoringnigeria.com/2017/05/rolls-royce-unveils-sweptail-pics-price

Re: Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs) by Nobody: 3:12am On May 29, 2017
Wow shocked Lalasticlala come and see ooo
Re: Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs) by technicallyrich(m): 5:35am On May 29, 2017
I will soon have it because I am blessed.
It's so fine,i think I like it.
Re: Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs) by abdeiz(m): 7:26am On May 29, 2017
Wooooah....this is true beauty, forget how the back looks. Seems its based on their older models from the 1920's
Re: Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs) by Nobody: 7:27am On May 29, 2017
Let's be honest, Rolls Royces are overrated. $12Million for this piece of shiit?

I could build a hotel in Ijebu with that money.
Re: Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs) by Redman36(m): 8:44am On May 29, 2017
I can't afford dis
Re: Rolls Royce Unveils The Sweptail (pics, Price & Specs) by onward4life(m): 9:31am On May 29, 2017
Zoharariel:
Let's be honest, Rolls Royces are overrated. $12Million for this piece of shiit?

I could build a hotel in Ijebu with that money.

Wat do Yu mean

Me my self I could build with $500,000

am even looking @24 hotels sef

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / First Time Car / I Need Mobil 1 0w20 Or 5w20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.