Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,554 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer (936 Views)

EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer / MURDERER by the freelancer / K-NINE UPDATE FOR THE READERS by The Freelancer™™ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 11:28am On May 29, 2017
INTRODUCTION :
what would you do if one day you found out you had the power to be and to do all things.... the wingman origin follows the story of a down and out newspaper reporter Angel Ogholi who follows a story in search of redemption to something that will eventually change his life and the world.

GENRE: Sci-fi. Action. Fantasy

Exempt::
Dr.A " let me get this clear..if you follow me I will end you ..if you talk about me I will end you ..if you think about me I will crawl from the deepest path of hell and end you "

I Will be dropping updates everyday 8.00 pm
thanks and do enjoy
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 11:03am On May 30, 2017
CHAPTER ONE
National Concordia Media Limited Head Office
(March 19, 8:30 AM)

He watched with keen eyes as the fan rotated skillfully as it always did only for once was it getting more attention from the 6ft ,120 pounds tall and slightly fair skinned 28 year old reporter in whose office it laid up in the ceiling apparently , the consistent stare came with no attention to the distractions the constant buzz in the office usually created. The previous weeks had indeed worked the fire out of him from been one of the fast rising star reporter of the newspaper to been its apparent damnation and a cause for the retrenchment of more than 25 persons which included the already sacked news editor, it seemed over for his career which barely started three months ago.
It took another long thirty minutes for Angel Ogholi to braze up his unfavorable state of mind to go see the chief editor who had requested for him earlier, he had only met the highly reserved chief editor twice , the first been the time he was given his job and the second been the one time he had delivered the highly evidential but controversial piece which struck gold and rocked the political sector of the country , the piece had exposed a ton of governmental agencies responsible for the dispersion of funds released by the W.H.O for the countries I.D.Ps , these funds had been mismanaged and thanks to his source they were not about to go scout free.
The piece had produced names with solid evidence prompting an award from his newspaper media as to been one of its rising stars, he had remembered how impressed the chief editor was when he was presented with the plaque.
Knock!...Knock!! Angel Ogholi tapped the office slowly as conscious as an hunter who was in sight of his prey.
“ yeah! .. come in “ the quirky and highly distinctive voice of Mr. Akin Fayemi sounded as Angel Ogholi walked in before taking his seat.
Angel’s eyes instantly picked the plain white envelope which laid alongside a parcel amongst other things on the official desk but somehow somewhere his grim smile seemed to have exposed the content of the envelope, his dismissal from the media.
“ four days ago I had to sack the news editor who has been somewhat of a .. uhm.. a family to this great industry , with over 13years I think my words little justice to him but yesterday he received his sack letter right there on that chair which you sat .. currently our lawyers are doing everything possible to wade off the 250 million naira sue from the governor’s aide who you of course wrote such beautiful piece about , a scape goat has already been made out of the news editor more heads need not roll over this so I have been asking myself what do I do with you … keep the guy who showed much prospect than anyone here within his first three months or throw him out for writing such damning and baseless piece, I don’t know so I want to you to tell me .. what do I do with you .. I have two parcels here one is your sack letter and the other is your … let’s say your saving grace.. you have thirty minutes to convince me” The quirky chief editor said before relaxing deep into his office chair once more as he stared consciously at the visibly shaken reporter. Concentrate …concentrate.. you can do this.. breathe in..and do what you do best… you deserve to say His mind seem to tell him .
-28 minutes Mr. Ogholi The chief editor interrupted.
“ Angel said "Every morning you come in to the office 7 am precisely , you never take coffee you simply take tea with a single cube of sugar , no milk , your daily water intake at every three hours suggest a medical condition my believe
your incessant tapping movement of your left finger and your consistent sharp air intake and exhale a behavior which I sensed is more or less a means to control your anxiety which I believe you learnt from some yoga class presumably one your wife watches that would be LET THEM ALL YOGA SHOW you once sang the theme song of the show past us , when in company of people you only give two smiles and a chuckle my believe is you choreograph the way you are to respond to people when outside , you and you only have okayed 215 publications ever since I started working here but one thing is same … you go for simple elegant and classic headings nothing flashy or bogus they all begin with a letter S or F or M something I would trace back to the ‘90s which leads me to the guess you must have been one hell of a reporter at the Silver Fall Media ..my guess been silver fall media is your taste for antique publications from it which you lay beautifully on the walls of this office, you wear a single distinct ‘90s rolex watch a gift I presume it was given to you by someone close to you I am guessing your son , your favorite color is green you always take a hard look at the color whenever anyone wears it , your favorite meal is amala and egusi .. you ordered free breakfast for everyone Mr. taiwo had ordered amala and egusi , you spent more hours talking to him than the rest of us…..”
Angel Ogholi paused a bit letting a grim smile fade out quickly before starring a bit more at the chief editor whose eyes held more fascination than mere fright now.
“ I believe I have spent an extra 10 minutes more to the time I was supposed to convince you not to throw me out “ Angel said finally before taking a long deep and well deserved breath. He may have had wrong sources feed him the wrong information leading to the contemporary legal battle his employers were now facing now from a bitter aide but he was a good listener and most of a gifted observer all his life, he had no reason not to be fired so he had decided to do the one thing he could do well .
Five minutes had flown by before the dumbstruck chief editor finally found his voice .
“ 1986 I was fresh out from the university a young lad if you may say hoping to get a reporting job just like you the then chief editor a man I like and respected meant us all five all he took us around the car park and brought us to an old classic mustang so he says to us take a pen and write something about it I was shaky yes but I was determined to write something good in the next 5 minutes I came up with a nothing I dint know what to write whilst my opponents so to say had up to 4pages well I was a slow and very timid reporter we submitted and in the next 5 minutes he walks in and says, how come only one of you knew there was nothing to report about an old rusted car? And that was how I got my job , I like you kid and because I see a lot of me in you am not going to throw you out but I cant let you stay in the political sector there’s a new sector I recently thought about I call it THE THEORIST I sense your wonderful skills in observing and high intellect would be efficient here ..its all about conspiracies here and there..if you do good perhaps I might bring you back into the fold…so take it as a way to impress me , here you go kid when you go out don’t smile it ruins my image as been the strict boss here “ he said as he tossed the other sealed parcel to angel who took it and went out seemingly satisfied.
By noon much different reporter sat in his office as he searched through the web for a few interesting stories. “Margarita is here to rescue you “ The fairly plump character in the form of Margaret Daniel appeared through the office door with a file in hand.
“ Let me guess you all already I am not fired “ Angel Ogholi said unexcitedly as he released his grip off the mouse of the computer and cast his gaze upon the fair skinned 26year old who was now sitting comfortable , she had nodded with a smile in response to his question immediately.
–and I am also guessing you all already know I have been transferred from the politics section to umh….” Angel had hesitated alittle bit as something other than the highly attractive Lebanese Nigeria born had seem to caught his eyes, a little fly which wandered aimlessly around an office cabin.
“The Theorist !... Angie I am so excited about this ..you know I wanted to be on that section but no…no one would let me so now I have you I have got your first case here with me” she slammed as she dropped the file on the desk which seemed to attract the eyes of Angel Ogholi who had picked it up and was now going through the file, an excited Margaret watched.
“ What’s this Marggie!? … listen I know this section is basically my kinda my punishment for doing what I did but I don’t have to make a mockery of it you know ..come on whats this about U.S … na where you for hear this one again!?” he asked politely , having no intention to hurt her feelings.
“ Angie.. its not some story oh! … okay ..okay … 2 weeks ago it was reported world wide about a certain meteorite called THE LIGHT WEAVER which was to touch down earth somewhere around next week though sketchy or no details were given as to where or when or how or what this event is going to be like and this is unlike N.A.S.A , reports started flowing in from conspiracy theorist over there about a possible alien invasion which they want to disguise , now lets put that aside
- She paused a bit as she usually did whenever she was losing the concentration of the others which seem to have work as the uninterested angel seem to have a new re found interest in whatever she was saying.
–so as I was saying , NAMIVIA GROUP OF COMPANIES , SKUDE INTERNATIONAL , FARROLE LIMITED, BASONE NINE INCORPORATE AND NOW GORIEA UNIVERSAL , all this companies have been created around five Africa countries within the last two weeks following the world wide announcement of the meteorite by the U.S we have got Kenya, Namibia, Togo , South Africa and three days ago Northern Nigeria all with different purposes but what seem to catch the eyes of most people is the presence of heavy military presence around this companies , I mean this guys are given a shoot to kill order .. so what are they hiding within the walls of this so called companies… residents around this specific places where this companies have been built have described helicopters such as the black hawk patrolling the air continuously .. this guys don’t want any snoopers even planes have been given a no flyover over this buildings air spaces… so what are they hiding ?” she paused now indefinitely whilst exposing a flashy smile.
“ umh … umh … there business!? .. which I think we should not busy ourselves with .. Margeret this is the U.S no be Nigeria or one country way you no no ..this guys don’t like people talking too much about everything … see trust me theres no conspiracy and I am sure they are not hiding anything “ Angel said again dropping the file much to the disappointment of the beautiful Margaret who seem not to agree.
“ Oh come on ! … angel please you have to do this for me … please no one would want to assist me with it ..and you know I have got two major margarita publications I am still working on , please angie would you do this for me!” she said as she leaned dangerously over the desk starring seductively at angel who seemed to have an un amused expression all over his face.
“ You know I am not one of those you publication buddies you know ..who easily fall for that look right!? “ he leaned forward too now bridging the gap between both of them.
“ and that’s why you are my crush for the month besides we should go on a date ..i mean not that I ….” She paused as her hazel pupils seemed to widen a bit , hoping angel would get her message she has continuously tried to get to him right from the very day they meant , she had secretly admired the genius in his attitude , a strong charismatic individual he was who paid little or no attention to the likes of anything that didn’t involved his line of work on the other hand she was a perfect darling , OYINBO they would refer to her owing to her beautiful light skin and her British accent even though she was more of a Lebanese than a Nigeria she had had the opportunity to study Journalism at Harvard University owing to the fact her dad was a wealthy Nigeria contractor , she had returned to Nigeria after the death of her mother and soon find herself working in the Cooking Publication Section of the National Concordia.
“ Hhmm .. a date!? .. I would like that .. hmm you play your cards well Maggie .. I will talk to my sources abroad if it comes out clean I might indulge in it a little bit if it doesn’t well am out… agree!?” Angel said withdrawing back into his chair with hands on the file again.
“ and that’s why you are my angel… heart you so much and I am really counting on that date .. its been long some guy bought dinner just because he felt he feels something” she winked at him before exiting the office quickly.
He had always had a soft spot for the Lebanese Nigeria born evr since he met her but he knew the conducts of his work which made it difficult to see anything work out between them besides she was far above the reach and pockets of all the guys in the office , she merely did the job just for work sake not money , a multi millionaire dad , an only child and an ever caring dad well no guy wanted to approach , he was not going to break that jinx even though he liked her a lot, he had quickly jump start his search on the net sliding the file into an empty cabinet.
The day had worked everyone out it was inevitable for any not to have passed the option of working late up, this included Angel who had boarded a taxi to Farko street in Ajegunle where he had recently relocated to ,a seemingly quiet neighborhood it was the compound where he lived contained three flats lived with only two been rented out of the three, he had settled right in after exchanging pleasantries to the young doctor who lived opposite his flat. A quick meal of Eba and ground nut soup pressed down with the well refrigerated cold water he had jumped in bed with his pc ready to work a bit before dousing off into the night.
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 11:18am On May 30, 2017
Chapter Two will be out by evening
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 30, 2017
CHAPTER TWO
SHUTTLE BASE 6 , SECRET MILITARY BASE
, WEST INDIES, ARIZONA USA
(March 18, 2:30 AM)
General Sam Clidal sat up amongst a host of other military personals working intelligence in the situation room , he still had his sunny t shirt which he had on while his vacation lasted in Dubai , which was an hour ago now, the situation at the shuttle base 6 had had a difficult two weeks without its general it was only a matter of time the U.S Defense through the president had revoked his vacation which he had planned for ever since he retired 3 weeks ago and sent a private jet to pick up the one time chief of air staff and former N.A.S.A intelligence operator Sam Clidal , the 45 year old veteran with numerous prestigious plaque including the act of valor medal had overall topped the list to handle the threat at hand which was spotted by N.A.S.A intelligence 17 days ago.
An unknown bright lighted object with an unusual velocity had entered within earth’s satellite radar space earlier thought to be a meteorite it had successfully invaded the usual procedures for deflating such meteorites from entering the earths atmosphere .. it wasn’t about 13 days prior when it was now within short air space from entering the earths atmosphere were they able to get a picture of what the object was.
“ What on earth am I really looking at Townsend “ General Sam said in his usually calm barred voice as he starred at the big screen in the intelligence room amongst other operatives , though he had been briefed about the alien like situation by the Defense Ministry aready and even a call with the president but yet he was still unable to grasp the full idea of what situation he was facing , apparently this situation had brought the elite countries like Russia, China , Japan , Germany to work together in sharing real time updates on space aviation all in relation to whatever was entering the earths atmosphere , this also made it a first for N.A.S.A to convince the world falsely about what really was happening. “ well sir..the images are not so clear ..we are still deciphering some of this images , one have one sent but the Chinese air space mission control room here I think it’s the best so far I will have it pull up on the big screen now” Sergeant Rouse said before communicating something or two through his wireless intercom which hung on his left ear which prompted almost immediately an image to appear on the big screen again. “ is this real ? … He chuckled a bit in mere amusement before continuing - You are telling me what intelligence have always told us was some meteorite is actually alive… this is some alien….“ The general said pointing at the screen as he descended down the little stairs towards the big screen .
“ Yes sir it is we have been unable to do anything to alter its trajectory so we have set up ground in five Africa countries which we believe its going to make its touchdown .. its unusual movement hasn’t enable us to precisely know which of these countries with intel provided by the Russia and

Germans who first monitored the unknown its gathered that its trajectory was altered by a large piece of meteorite from the constellation B2-20ET which led to the annihilation of the meteorite this was what caused its new trajectory
forcing its way down to our planet , we don’t know what it is … we don’t know how to prepare ..we don’t know nothing right but from what the Chinese are theorizing it seems this thing is not in control of its new trajectory ..i mean why earth..they feel its impact with the meteorite might result in a
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 30, 2017
Continued....

displaced or less functional alien who is crashing into earth” Sergent rouse said again as he walked in close proximity with the general as they made way for the big screen. “ Whats the current threat level poised by this thing!” the general asked with some level of irritation as he turned swiftly to his subordinate.
“ Well sir.. we don’t know yet but we have N.A.S.A - the sergeant was taken aback by the back lash from the general instantly.
“ N.A.S.A!..N.A.S.A!!…N.A.S.A!!!.. when am I going to hear something other than N.A.S.A , They have nothing to give us , they are literally blind, get me a secure line to the president if we have to prepare we are going to have to invoke the BLACK SWAN RULE …” the general stopped as his gaze fell upon a live video which now occupied the entire screen.
“Ladies and Gentlemen , Mr. president “ General Sam mentioned as the live broadcast featured the round table inclusive of the president and the top military and air force officials.

LIVE BROADCAST
U.S DEFENSE MINSTER JOHN O’REIL : General I believe you have already been briefed , the Russians and the Germans are all over us , somehow they still think we have something to do with this …this thing we don’t know about seem to be alien in nature and after the pictures the Chinese were able to send to us we have no doubt this is nothing like we have encountered .. we hope you have something to tell us……
General Sam : Gentlemen am sorry to burst the bubble but we have nothing we don’t know what this thing is … and to my best of knowledge if we are to we have to prioritize a level 5 security clearance for anything connected to this operation..we must know this might not just be a threat to our country but the world

Navy Grand Commander : what are you suggesting general
General Sam : we have to invoke the BLACK SWAN RULE.. I need to know what our men are coming up against .. N.A.S.A and whatever space agencies our allies have got going are useless only the black swan rule would help us with the much needed resources and information and possibly some seems of cover against whatever this thing is bringing with it..if its not a friend I want it out of our skies…if it is I still want it out of our skies
Vice President Kelly Duncan : Area 51 ? … hmm I think general sam is right .. they have more experience in dealing with the such , general I think am on this with you, at least any information could help
Chief of Air Defense Minister Connor Vaughan : I second the motion too ..area 51 stands as our last result currently …..
The discussion was still on going between the general and the live broadcast which featured the various head of states when a frightened sergeant rouse appeared with a wireless ipad in hand.
“ sir I think you need to see this” the sergeant said shoving the ipad immediately into the hands of the general as the ministers watched from the live broadcast.
“What am I watching exactly” the general asked irritated at the confusing animation that played on the screen.
“ This is an infaray transmission caught by the UDI-2090 a space satellite owed by the Chinese ..this images are originated from a form of live graphics used to transmit live images from space to earth.. this captured the meteorite which came in contact with this thing ..sir the meteorite is a class 2 meteorite sir.. the Chinese just discovered that the meteorite is a class 2 meteorite they saw it was this that eventually slowed the speed and altered the trajectory making it a lot safe for it to crash or land on earth “ the sergeant replied again cautiously as the general is
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 30, 2017
Continued....

immediately taken aback by this new revelation. “ You mean this thing blasted through a meteorite half the size of our planet … put this on the screen now I want them all to see this immediately” the general replied still shaken by this revelation.

35 minutes had gone by with new and reaffirmed commitment by the ministers to taking the most and effective methods to dealing with this crisis before the live broadcast ended in a successful consensus which will have area 51 share resources and information with the shuttle base 6 immediately , this was confirmed through a secure line before another broadcast ensured again this time the character of General Barnes Marcos who is in charge of operations in Area 51 appeared on the big screen before general sam.

General barnes: oh you out of retirement so soon ..general sam I thought retirement was always a soft way out for the likes of you
General Sam: come on barnes we can skip the chit chat and get to the main point.. I believe you already know what we are dealing with?
General barnes: of course you are dealing with an alien life form ..its an arisist from the planet Arisa ..the thing is arisists are not supposed to do what this one in particularly is doing . I mean fly and possibly some sort of induced strength we know of the meteorite it sent into pieces ..thats supposed to be impossible but we have a theory one which has been confirmed by our alien friends who we work with over here ….
General Sam : oh okay today I haven’t just heard about aliens I have also seen aliens now..who knows what next I might hear or see

General barnes: when we first found the unknown object in space we didn’t know what it is..until a dromide , one of the E.T’s we work with over here explained what we were looking … general sam we are dealing with pinula non which is latin for wing and being a wing being he doesn’t know much about it either except the fact that they are very powerful beings ....

General Sam : I see .. I believe you already aware we are to share resources and information about this from now on… that means my people are yours and yours are mine .. if this thing is a threat we are to put an end to it before it rears its ugly head out.. thank you that would be all
General sam had immediately dismissed the broadcast as the picture sent by the Chinese earlier returned back to the large monitor once more. “ What in God’s name are you “ the general said slowly to himself.
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 30, 2017
Chapter 3 will be dropped by morning .thanks for the views .
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by ashatoda: 12:38pm On May 31, 2017
this will be action packed no doubt about that. more please
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 31, 2017
hey guys I would really like to know someone is actually reading this ..its vaguely a super heroic book its the start of a major plot I am still getting my head around.. so please comment it encourages me a lot thanks
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Taniaa(f): 4:18pm On May 31, 2017
Piercy:
hey guys I would really like to know someone is actually reading this ..its vaguely a super heroic book its the start of a major plot I am still getting my head around.. so please comment it encourages me a lot thanks
you're good to go
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 31, 2017
thanks so much ... you have given me the boost I needed I promise to put up C.3 before the night turns over .. thanks alot
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by abilshay(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2017
i trust diz to be action packed. It looks bloody real, I love the way u convey the write up. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 31, 2017
CHAPTER THREE
National Concordia Media Limited Head Office
(March 20, 6:OOAM)

Angel Ogholi had much focus on the screen of his phone than the chief editor who had strolled in slowly. “umh … you didn’t sleep here did you!?” chuckled a bit as the chief editor strolled up towards the tea vending machine where Angel Ogholi stood by.
“ Good morning sir , umh 5 o’clock !... I had to beat the traffic on this one story I think might jump start my section “ Angel Ogholi replied as both employer and employee now had their tea cups in hand.
“ You don’t say!... hmm that’s good , let me know whatever you need…” The chief editor said before taking a sip from the cup before deciding to make his way out to the office.
“…. And hope whatever this story it has nothing to do with Margaret !? … I know we are reporters but that girl is way over her head , trust me ..stay away from her conspiracy theories or you might end up reporting about an alien “ he chuckled a bit more before walking away.
Angel Ogholi stood still a bit more pondering on what the experienced veteran chief editor had told him , everyone in the office always knew how eccentric Margaret was with conspiracy theories even though he spent the whole night finding little evidence of something fishy about the companies that were set up within the five Africa countries , it still wasn’t enough to really hold on to, worst this was his first story for a new paper section , he knew how dangerous getting a OUT OF THE WORLD story would mean his own doom and that of the new section.
Angel Ogholi walked past a few more workers before retiring to his small cubicle office , if he was to ascertain the truth , there was just one person to call.
Brooklyn West sat up in his customized fan boy star wall vibrating chair , with game pad in his hand and his digital wireless headset strapped on ,in his mother’s basement in Philadelphia where he operated as both the infamous RED CONSPIRACIST on social media and the pro online gamer number one DOOM VOYAGE in FIGHT WORLD VIRTUAL GAME , the 39 year old divorced father of one , a former freelance writer 8 years ago had plunged into an unredeemable addiction of online gaming , as his passion for book writing dwindled so was everything good he had , from bitter divorce , to a legal battle which forbade him from seeing his child to large amounts of unpaid bills , the Washington based freelance had decided to move back to his mother’s basement where after his first stay had attempted suicide , a large dose of doctor’s prescription only ended up in more bills from whence his hate for the government and passion for conspiracy theories was eventually born, he may have given up on life , a clear attribute seen in his now physically obese state but he had vowed to let everyone know and see what the government truly was.
RING! …. RING!! …RING!!!
RING!.... RING!!...RING!!! The phone rang as Brooklyn steadied his gaze upon his mint original custom built game pad , he was about to break his own record in FIGHT WORLD VIRTUAL GAME , this feat he had hope to reenact having recently seen how dangerous his Chinese counterpart who stood in FIGHT WORLD VIRTUAL GAME as the number two had come close to beating his high score last week , he had been up for 9 hrs now denying his self of sleep and food.
.. even the president call would have to wait or go to voice mail for all he cared.
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 31, 2017
continued

RING!..RING!!..RING!!! RING!..RING!!..RING!!!

“yes..yes..yes..yes..come on ..come on… XYG….RT22…oh yes baby! no body escapes my special secret code..come on ..come on…wait a minute..no…no.no..no..no..no..no..no.oh come oh…!” Brooklyn scurried for a last dash as his consistent efforts to punch the buttons of the game pad had failed.. the gamers’ curse had struck again sending his thumbs to momentarily go numb making it useless for him to continue.
“useless freaking hands..if I cant use you now when am I gonna use .. ugh… there goes my 9hrs ..right into the trash…” a frustrated Brooklyn said throwing the game pad into a sofa as his attention now turned on his cell which was now where to be seen under the pile of garbage that now invaded his little ‘paradise’ like he calls , another 10 minutes search and an enduring Ring tone soon produced his cell which laid carelessly under a pile of empty pizza boxes.
“ hello? … this better be impor……oh wait a minute!.. what brings the golden boy to my domain “ he chuckled abit as he walked his way back to his seat much to the relief of Angel Ogholi.
Brooklyn : ..golden boy I am surprised you called .. its been long ..you know you and I should do alittle get together ..what do you say.. MARINE TURBID 3MAX , AIR COLLIDER 4, K1 FIGTHER VRF…

Angel Ogholi : hahahah I see you still bet on losing your money ..hahaha Brooklyn long time buddy…

Brooklyn: ..long time angel..good to hear from you… hey have been getting my ass all over the place..come on what do you say a rematch you pick anyone .. I don’t mind!

Angel Ogholi: Maybe I will but I am sure if you help me with something I might be able to fix some date for you to lose…
Brooklyn: Whatever you need man..am hitting speed dial on this

Angel Ogholi: What do you know about the LIGHT WEAVER? You know…

Brooklyn: (cuts in) the light weaver..oh I see… they already made one of those mole companies in Nigeria.. I have got a lot on everything especially the light weaver.. angel first thing you got to know is.. this a lie!.. there is no meteorite, angel , there is an alien heading for a crash course to earth and the government as usual have to do every thing to keep the truth away from us ..its a freaking alien angel!

Angel Ogholi: an alien?...wait this isn’t one of your theories founded on one of this online creepy stories you have got going is it!?

Brooklyn : hey come on now… I got sources from N.A.S.A and every conspiracy theorist knows this ..its the real thing.. I mean theorist all around the world have started travelling down to this designated countries already , we know whats about to happen

Angel Ogholi: hmm okay… umhh I tell you what ..Wednesday 8pm .. FIGHT WORLD VIRTUAL GAME … I see the high score you got going… maybe I can work on it alittle bit

Brooklyn: umh..what!.. no..no.no lets do some other game..please something else…come on .please not the F.W.V.G it took me months to get that high score .. umh I tell you know what.. I will send everything I got going on the light weaver to you and in return you don’t come near my F.W.R.G high score ..please?
Angel Ogholi: hahahah thanks buddy .

Angel hung up shortly on his old online game buddy Brooklyn , both had bonded excellently on a tag team online RPG game which ranked them as the highest scorers ever since both reporter and theorist had constantly kept in touch , a renowned partnership that had become successfully over the years. Brooklyn had delivered as expected the 256mb document file
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 31, 2017
continued

took little time to download over the office wifi allowing Angle Ogholi to sink in a bit more.
45 minutes had passed revealing a lot more about the light weaver that meant the ordinary eye , for the first time the story was getting juicy , good enough for a publication but not tidy for the public attention , if he was to milk everything out of this publication he had to get a first person view of the story which would mean him travelling to Northern Nigeria. “I told you it was juicy! … aint you glad you took it up now?” Margaret said subconsciously as she tried taking a selfie on the camera of her phone in her office where Angel Ogholi sat.
“Umh.. well maybe if someone could help me with my travel expenditures I might have a much juicy story to publish ..and who knows I might just have your name in it “ Angel Ogholi said cunningly as he smiled.
“ Ummh..baby.. you don’t have to play games with me..its my story you know…this is all on me… how much do you need !?.. I want you to cover this to the best of your ability” she smiled softly.
“25k , am heading to Gwale in kano its where the GORIEA UNIVERSAL is situated , if something is about to happen ..i should know of it..you know na!” Angel Ogholi winked a bit as he adjusted himself well in the office chair.
“ done!.. when are you leaving?” Margaret said again as she fiddled more with the camera on her iphone 7 a bit more. “ Tuesday !.. the acclaimed light weaver is to touch down earth Wednesday so maybe if it lands in naija ..i can get a picture or something on it” Angel Ogholi said before standing to leave.
“ Nice!.. I like the way you do me!” She flirted a bit with a seducing smile. “ The way you do me!? … no let your papa hear that one oh “ Angel Ogholi teased before closing the doors behind her fully set for his next destination.
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
CHAPTER FOUR
Gwale , kano
(March 25, 1:OOAM)

The dusty sahara wind seemed to have ushered the young inquisitive reporter into the little shabby hut he was able to rustle up for the four days he intended to stay through his tour guide , a native of gwale who had been fortunate enough to attend the primary school thus a means to communicate to Angel in English and his local tongue with his fellow natives.
GORIEA UNIVERSAL was not far from gwale itself , the 16 thick reinforced hard steel barricaded walls rose to a whooping 18 feet high which was more of a prison wall type just behind the back of the local residents where the sahara lay undeterred , Angel Ogholi had wasted no time to getting the local residents through his tour guide to give accouts of their experiences with their new found neighbors who now share the sahara with them.
Though Angel Ogholi was having a hard time explaining his questions to the interpreter/ tour guide he feared it was much harder for the interpreter to explain to the natives , this he clearly noted as the few who gathered round slowed left both men as time went on.
“ they say don’t know anything about this people..they have not seen anyone leave the buildings except for their planes that fly around the skies almost all the time… my people don’t near the walls for fear of been killed “ the interpreter stressed finally as the last native around walked away .
“ can….you..take me through there..i mean the sahara ..a safe place where I can see the walls myself” stressed Angel Ogholi wiping the sweat that now played dangerously with his face.
“umh yes..but you ..pay..me..more money…sahara is very dangerous” the interpreter smiled generously , not much visitors came around so the few would always have to make up in finance. “ oh …no i… I don’t have any money left “ Angel Ogholi replied frantically.
“ no money ..no showing!” the interpreter said before walking away slowly … something he had rehearsed long ago when negotiating.
“..okay..okay..come on..come back!...i pay you” Angel Ogholi said painfully understanding this business strategy all too well even though he could do nothing about it.
“mai kyau ! .. wannan mutumin zai biya komai (good! … this gentleman will pay for everything) ” Interpreter said to himself slowly as he re approach Angel Ogholi.
“ What did you say!?” Angel Ogholi said as he walked close to the approaching interpreter.
“Oh I said… Everything Okay now! “ the interpreter said.
“ okay that’s very good!...Here you go this is all I have… by evening when I am fully rested we will take a walk to the sahara… deal!?” Angel Ogholi said stretching 3 thousand naira notes to the happy interpreter who nodded cheerfully after taking it before waving good bye. Angel had decided to call Margaret to let her know of what was happening but no signal at all meant he had to drop that down his TO DO list , momentarily he was hungry but thanks to a fulfilled life of teenage experiences as a boys scout , packing his every needs was never a problem , as long as he had a place to sleep , water to bath , he could worry about the rest himself.
Miles away in the oval office of the U.S president , the surprise visit of both the vice president and the chief of the National Security Agency Admiral Peter borough had had no change in how the president felt about the matter which now might pose a risk to the National. “Mr. president sir !”
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
announced The NSA chief as the vice president walked side by side into the oval office.
“ Kelly , Peter please have your sit gentlemen , I believe this isn’t just an courtesy visit …what have you both got for me” President Russell said smartly ushering the two men seats which strangely they had declined to immediately.
“ Russell we ..we..have something to tell you before we do..we would like to tender our resignations immediately” Vice president Kelly said as both men placed a well neat letter on the table, much to the dismay of the president who quickly picked it up to read the contents of both letters. “ Treason!?... wait..i don’t get this ..kelly..you and I have been friends for ages even before we came into power now whats this about treason , the same goes for you peter..whats this all about” President Russell asked confusingly.
“Do you still remember the A.H.E.P. PROGRAM which you had given direct orders to shut down during the swift operation of PROGRAM ERASE … I am sorry sir..it was never shut down , we kept it intact till this date” The Chief of N.S.A said slowly.
“ That’s not possible everything was wiped clear , how is it possible” President Russell asked with quivering eyes which starred at the eyes of the vice president angrily.
“ we showed you what we needed to show you sir..but the program was kept alive and if only you would for once think about the people you serve you would should be glad we did… sir we live in a world where 45% workers of Area 51 are basically aliens who can do stuff we have always thought were fictional , we have the dromides whose IQ would make Einstein a play toy they have evolved this aspect of theirs into some sort of telepathy , we have the tarsians whose body cells make it easy for them to absorb electricity and manipulate it..we haven’t even talked yet about the Ante-humans roaming the streets secretly with powers we are yet to find away to subdue , sir with all due respect it was only fair we kept a card up our sleeves not to talk less of this alien blistering through our skies , it already destroyed a meteorite half the size of earth and have invaded missiles meant to alter its trajectory effortlessly what of if this thing isn’t coming to earth for peace.. what chances do we have then” The vice president replied sympathetically.
“ What phase is the A.H.E.P program now ” The president asked un interested in the ongoing discussion. “ we achieved phase 6 a month ago sir!” The chief of N.S.A replied again .
“ Oh my God!.. are you telling me there are unborn children with alien DNA in them!? … Jesus Christ ! peter ..who are you to play God!... Ugh I cant believe this ..what else are you not telling me..you better spill everything out ..or I bet you treason will not be the only thing you will be facing prosecution for..now tell me what you have done..” the president slammed angrily .
“ .. well sir.. as you know phase 3 after the results of Doctor Antoine Henshaw , project THE OMINIVORNE though we lost all details including the virus itself during project PROGRAM ERASE we were more than assured that we were on the right path more than ever , having seen what the ominivorne could do , so swe sort out for help which we got from K1 FIGHTE GAME Founder and Inventor, The neuron surgeon , brilliant quantum physicist and theorist Dr. kinnect Geoffrey the owner of KINNECT ROBOTICS , he offered his team of the most dedicated scientists and physicists, with their knowledge and our access of alien technology and resources we were able to jump start the program all over again .. sir we don’t just have human test subjects sir we have soldiers who can do things we never thought
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
continued

announced The NSA chief as the vice president walked side by side into the oval office.
“ Kelly , Peter please have your sit gentlemen , I believe this isn’t just an courtesy visit …what have you both got for me” President Russell said smartly ushering the two men seats which strangely they had declined to immediately.
“ Russell we ..we..have something to tell you before we do..we would like to tender our resignations immediately” Vice president Kelly said as both men placed a well neat letter on the table, much to the dismay of the president who quickly picked it up to read the contents of both letters. “ Treason!?... wait..i don’t get this ..kelly..you and I have been friends for ages even before we came into power now whats this about treason , the same goes for you peter..whats this all about” President Russell asked confusingly.
“Do you still remember the A.H.E.P. PROGRAM which you had given direct orders to shut down during the swift operation of PROGRAM ERASE … I am sorry sir..it was never shut down , we kept it intact till this date” The Chief of N.S.A said slowly.
“ That’s not possible everything was wiped clear , how is it possible” President Russell asked with quivering eyes which starred at the eyes of the vice president angrily.
“ we showed you what we needed to show you sir..but the program was kept alive and if only you would for once think about the people you serve you would should be glad we did… sir we live in a world where 45% workers of Area 51 are basically aliens who can do stuff we have always thought were fictional , we have the dromides whose IQ would make Einstein a play toy they have evolved this aspect of theirs into some sort of telepathy , we have the tarsians whose body cells make it easy for them to absorb electricity and manipulate it..we haven’t even talked yet about the Ante-humans roaming the streets secretly with powers we are yet to find away to subdue , sir with all due respect it was only fair we kept a card up our sleeves not to talk less of this alien blistering through our skies , it already destroyed a meteorite half the size of earth and have invaded missiles meant to alter its trajectory effortlessly what of if this thing isn’t coming to earth for peace.. what chances do we have then” The vice president replied sympathetically.
“ What phase is the A.H.E.P program now ” The president asked un interested in the ongoing discussion. “ we achieved phase 6 a month ago sir!” The chief of N.S.A replied again .
“ Oh my God!.. are you telling me there are unborn children with alien DNA in them!? … Jesus Christ ! peter ..who are you to play God!... Ugh I cant believe this ..what else are you not telling me..you better spill everything out ..or I bet you treason will not be the only thing you will be facing prosecution for..now tell me what you have done..” the president slammed angrily .
“ .. well sir.. as you know phase 3 after the results of Doctor Antoine Henshaw , project THE OMINIVORNE though we lost all details including the virus itself during project PROGRAM ERASE we were more than assured that we were on the right path more than ever , having seen what the ominivorne could do , so swe sort out for help which we got from K1 FIGHTE GAME Founder and Inventor, The neuron surgeon , brilliant quantum physicist and theorist Dr. kinnect Geoffrey the owner of KINNECT ROBOTICS , he offered his team of the most dedicated scientists and physicists, with their knowledge and our access of alien technology and resources we were able to jump start the program all over again .. sir we don’t just have human test subjects sir we have soldiers who can do things we never thought
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
continued

possible… we have got super soldiers.. who can teleport..who can emit radiations ..lift tons twice that of armored cars .. I mean sir you are looking the world most powerful country..we can have spies sent into KOREA within a minute and out , we can do things .. ..” Vice president Kelly said leaning over the table with both hands pressed hard on the edges.
“ And after all that..you decided to play God..and start Injecting pregnant women with alien DNA ..jesus Christ… what are you people… this is not so fictional work you can wrap under the blanket one cold night after you done using it … you have altered the human race … I am so disappointed in the both of you right now… 234 persons lost their lives and that of their families , this were good people , people who wanted nothing but to serve their country during the PROGRAM ERASE after which we vowed never to let power get the best of us ..and now you tell me there are ante-humans roaming around because we couldn’t just keep our hands off alien DNA!? “ The president said again as he leaned his jaw on his left hand for support on the desk.
“ am sorry Mr. president .. we didn’t just come today to resign we came to know if you were in support of us as did the others “ Vice president Kelly asked calmly.
“ What others!? ..who and who is involved in this.. tell me now” threatened the president.
“ Am sorry I can not tell you that , Russell but there’s one thing for sure..these men and women are doing everything to protect our great nation its unfortunate you don’t see it that way” replied the vice president who had now walked away from the desk back to the door of the oval office which he opened allowing an unidentified man dressed in clean neat navy uniform walk in.
“..and whose that!?” asked the president suspiciously with his right hand on his intercom ready to call the state security service in which immediately was short lived as another unidentified female subject had mysteriously teleported right in the action ,swiftly getting hold of the intercom and the president himself and immediately teleporting out of the oval office with both device and man.
“ just like A…B…C….” chuckled the vice president before turning to the unidentified man .
“…. You know what you must do now subject R2DE.. the oval office is now yours or mine so to say, you receive orders from me and me alone “ the vice president said as he look with pure excitement as the unidentified man transformed both his shape and size to a neat look alike of President Russell.
“ I hope by God we did the right thing “ said a scarred chief of N.S.A
“ I hope whatever is bursting through our skies right now isnt friendly then all our sacrifices wouldn’t be in vain..come on lets leave Mr. President now” Vice president Kelly said before both men exited the oval office.
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Guys I am really excited about the prospect of this book... but after recent discussion with a comic company where I sent my sample works and art it may be in my best interest to halt further post it kinda part of a contract that bides our agreement.
keep viewing if things don't work out for me well I will keep the post alive here thanks so much
Re: The WING MAN ORIGIN CHAPTER FOUR UPDATE By The Freelancer by abilshay(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
dnt worry bro. Wish you all the best

(1) (Reply)

How I Fall In Love (episode2) / OSU... A Flash Fiction / 'the Wind Of Fate'...life Of A Nigerian Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.