Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Fulani Asks For Permission To Graze On My Farmland. Unbelievable! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fulani Asks For Permission To Graze On My Farmland. Unbelievable! (956 Views)

Allow Herdsmen To Graze Freely Near Your Farm / Farmland in Ogun State / If You Still Don't Have A Farmland With This, Then It's Your Fault!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Asks For Permission To Graze On My Farmland. Unbelievable! by donnie(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2017
UNBELIEVABLE! FULANI asks me for permission to graze on my uncultivated farmland

This has never happened before in my 4 years of farming. Even before Buhari government, they will just enter and start grazing and runoff with their cattle when you start shouting at them *Khia khai* or run after them throwing stones at then.

This must be a change of heart o, shocked or so i thought, until I remembered that the village community had gathered just yesterday to announce that Fulani leave the community immediately as they'd been served notice about a week ago. The Area command and barracks have also been duly informed.

My prayer is that they leave in peace and do not invite their terrorist brothers.

This community in Ogoja, cross river state which has farming as a major source of livelihood, has suffered in the hands of Fulani who uproot their cassava and yams and feed their cows. They also set your farm on fire so fresh grass can sprout for their cows. They have beat up several people who resisted them.

Well, I let the guy graze after he showed me exactly what route he will take with his cows. I just left my cassava sticks for a moment to take this pic and share my story. smiley

God bless Nigeria.

1 Share

Re: Fulani Asks For Permission To Graze On My Farmland. Unbelievable! by JoeEbiliekwe24: 12:26pm On May 29, 2017
Re: Fulani Asks For Permission To Graze On My Farmland. Unbelievable! by donnie(m): 12:28pm On May 29, 2017
JoeEbiliekwe24:

My dear, they've burnt my farm several times and uprooted cassava.

They guy would have grazed as usual if he met no one around or if they hadn't been sacked.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Asks For Permission To Graze On My Farmland. Unbelievable! by Evablizin(f): 12:43pm On May 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Fulani Asks For Permission To Graze On My Farmland. Unbelievable! by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 29, 2017
They are about to kill you..
Re: Fulani Asks For Permission To Graze On My Farmland. Unbelievable! by TheFreeOne: 12:58pm On May 29, 2017
Interesting.

So that Fulani herdsman don dey understand the meaning of change

Op good for you o cos some farmers aren't that fortunate to encounter such gentle herdsman.
Re: Fulani Asks For Permission To Graze On My Farmland. Unbelievable! by donnie(m): 1:33pm On May 29, 2017
sonofLuci:
They are about to kill you..

grin

The guy first explained that a certain portion of the farm wasn't cultivated and asked if he can graze there.

BTW, we don't die

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Supply Soya Beans. / Tricycle For Sale / Farmers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.