Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? (2994 Views)

Is Forex A Scam? The Shocking Truth Will Surprise You / How Legit Or Profitable Is Forex Copy Trading / Pls How Lucrative Is Forex Trading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 29, 2017
I've been trading on a demo account and I've not lost any money and I don't think I will sef, the stuff seem really Easy to predict to me. Why people say it's dangerous I don't understand, or is it because it's a demo account.? Maybe the real account is a different thing!

Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by peeps4u: 4:06pm On May 29, 2017
IS that an MT4 platform, OP?

As for your post, I've read from several FOREX Pros that it becomes entirely different game when in live market, emotions will come to play; you tend not to be under pressure while demo trading. But I think you might turn out a good trader since you claim you mostly make profits, you only have to be aware that emotions will come into play for live trading and you have to fight it.

Please, I'm not a forex trader or any near pro-trader, just shared what I read from many pros here on FTA threads cuz I do also follow forex, wish to make it a career but haven't yet seen a one-on-one training.

BTW, how were you trained? I have read babypips here.

Good luck bro
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 29, 2017
peeps4u:

As for your post, I've read from several FOREX Pros that it becomes entirely different game when in live market, emotions will come to play; you tend not to be under pressure while demo trading. But I think you might turn out a good trader since you claim you mostly make profits, you only have to be aware that emotions will come into play for live trading and you have to fight it.

Please, I'm not a forex trader or any near pro-trader, just shared what I read from many pros here on FTA threads cuz I do also follow forex, wish to make it a career but haven't yet seen a one-on-one training.

Good luck bro

Yeah, that's true... I'm not scared because it's not my money..... I think the emotional aspect will make it more difficult! Watching my darling $5000 swerving up n down, I learnt from lots of tutorials on NL. And I decided to try with a demo account!
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 29, 2017
Maybe it's just trying to lure me into putting my real money in it! Cos the way this thing looks simple ehn...... Made over 1k today n I'm still trading

Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 29, 2017
My bal

Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 29, 2017
peeps4u:

Good luck bro

Oh yeah! It's an mt4 platform
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by mcqwerty(m): 8:42pm On May 29, 2017
Yes, Forex is dangerous, very dangerous and you are playing with fire.
You are like a 5 year-old trying to cross a busy road with no knowledge of the inherent risk. Forex trading is not a cake walk.
Don't worry. Reality is loading .

1 Like

Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by erajude: 10:44pm On May 29, 2017
Dont trade forex. Since you studied with babypips, i will advice you to trade cryptocurrency. It is by far easier than forex. It is the same method. If you know what you are doing, you can make between 50 to 70% of your calpital. Even to the extent of doubling it.
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by djdoxxx(m): 10:53pm On May 29, 2017
erajude:
Dont trade forex. Since you studied with babypips, i will advice you to trade cryptocurrency. It is by far easier than forex. It is the same method. If you know what you are doing, you can make between 50 to 70% of your calpital. Even to the extent of doubling it.

Well said....

What platform do you trade your cryptocurrency and what cryptocurrency do you trade?
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by amolak: 1:13am On May 30, 2017
You never know Meme. You are toying with free money, he dey sweet you abi, I give you just 1month to trade the demo and let's see the result. This is where the problem comes in, as a newbie stop trading the demo with the amount you can't start with on a live a/c.

1 Like

Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by noOnelikeM: 1:24am On May 30, 2017
Trading with a Demo account is no trading in my opinion. Just use it for a few days i guess to get a feel.

A live account is totally different emotions, emotions. That is not all, trading with N5k is different from trading with N50k and wayy different from trading with N5m. a drop of 10% on N5m can give some HBP . then your mind starts to think in 5m directions.
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by Smartlife(m): 2:17am On May 30, 2017
Am trading forex. What you should know is that the demo account is not a means to measure your success rate. You are trading with 5000$ virtual money which gives you more means to take better risk for more gains.

Am sure while investing in the real account you might want to start with 100$ or so. then the reality sets in. Every trader have blown their account more than once in their trading. Emotions will come up and taking huge risk means you will easily get margin calls during draw dawns. If you are patient enough you will need discipline to be managing the little you are making and watching it grow.

You have no experience and times will come up when you will loose, then you will try to revenge the market by taking bigger risk only to loose much more. The frustration will become huge, you might use all your buying powers and gbam, you loose all your investment.

Forex is not easy even as a trader with 3years experience nothing is guaranteed here. As you are trading also plan for your loss and be discipline to maintain a good money management plans.

It could look like buying and selling of currencies, but as you start up you will realize you have so much thing to face ranging with emotions, risk, strategies, management, discipline and so on.

2 Likes

Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by adisa786: 5:00am On May 30, 2017
Dont rush to conclusionns just yet. You need to try live trading even if it is $100 account. Do you have a trading strategy to generate the profitable trades shown.

A consistent trading strategy followed in demo trading can also translate enable you to also make profit live. Forex trading is not really gambling for one to be a successful trader or else oone might. just lose all equity.

The fact that Op is making profit in demo acct is a plus but what use is that if you cant make it happen in a real account.

1 Like

Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by erajude: 12:09pm On May 30, 2017
There is a thread in this forum. It is by dalemat. Three ways to make profit from trading cryptocurrency. Check it. Trading cryptocurrency is by far easier than forex. There are resources online and you tube vedios online to help you. You already have some experience with forex. I bet you will make it.
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by erajude: 12:23pm On May 30, 2017
There are close to 600 cryptocurrencies now. So you buy any amount of bitcoin that you can afford and trade it against other crytocurrencies. Bitcoin is paired against other crytocurrencies just like you have it in forex platforum. The beauty of this is that there is no broker. There are many trading sites. Check www.poloniex.com. Study the site change the chat from graph to candles if you are use to candles. This will help you. God bless.
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by Emusan(m): 3:55pm On May 30, 2017
erajude:
There are close to 600 cryptocurrencies now. So you buy any amount of bitcoin that you can afford and trade it against other crytocurrencies. Bitcoin is paired against other crytocurrencies just like you have it in forex platforum. The beauty of this is that there is no broker. There are many trading sites. Check www.poloniex.com. Study the site change the chat from graph to candles if you are use to candles. This will help you. God bless.

I'm currently trading on poloniex, that platform is very easy though maybe it's because cryptocurrencies are still young.
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by deleo16(m): 4:40pm On May 30, 2017
Emusan:

I'm currently trading on poloniex, that platform is very easy though maybe it's because cryptocurrencies are still young.
exactly buts is best one use knowledge forex as a training ground
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by erajude: 6:13pm On May 30, 2017
Develop your skills in cryptocurrency trading
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by kaze4blues(m): 5:18am On May 31, 2017
I just ventured into crypto trading too.

It's interesting tho abit challenging. I tink there shld be a group to help discuss signals and picks especially for new entrants.

I need someone to mentor me very well
Re: Is Forex Trading Really Dangerous? by Nobody: 8:22am On May 31, 2017
Thank you all for your contributions

I'll start looking into trading crypto currency.....

But indeed demo acct must be different cos I have close to $8k in d demo now without a single loss! Forex surely can't be that easy.....

(1) (Reply)

With Just 800k You Can Buy A Land In One Of The Fastest Growing City In Lagos / Sunpower Investment / Turn your one time #200 to multiples. From Glory 2 Glory Platform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.