Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Random Facts From Around The World - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Random Facts From Around The World (2253 Views)

22 Interesting Education Facts From Around The World / Some Random Facts You Didn't Know / Amazing Facts From Around The World You Won’t Believe Were True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Random Facts From Around The World by KillerBeauty(f): 3:47pm On May 29, 2017
Research has shown that others see you 20% more attractive than you think you are. This is because when you look in the mirror, all that’s reflected are your looks, not your personality.

Japan has a network of roads that plays music as you drive over them at the correct speed.

A Chinese millionaire began selling cans of fresh air for 80 cents a can in response to china’s worsening air pollution and made over $6million dollars

(With the way our air is been polluted in Nigeria I might just try out this business idea)

Buildings in Hong Kong has holes in them to allow dragons to pass through

An analysis shows that Canada uses the poop emoji more than any other country.

(I’ve never used this before not sure if WhatsApp has the emoji sef)

You cannot snore and dream at the same time.

Cherophobia is the fear of fun

The person who invented the Frisbee was cremated and make into Frisbees after he died.

The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.

(I’m sure it was in India)

It is a myth that a human will swallow an average of four spiders while sleeping during his or her lifetime. It is highly unlikely that a spider will ever end up in a sleeping human mouth.

A dog’s shoulder blades are unattached to the rest of his skeleton to allow greater flexibility for running.

Ancient Egyptians revered their dogs. When a pet dog would die, the owners shave off their eyebrows, smeared mud in their hair and mourned aloud for days.

(our brothers from the south will definitely lol at this)

PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLICANOCONIOSIS. At 45 letters, this is the longest word you’ll find in a major dictionary. An inflated version of silicosis, this is the full scientific name for a disease that causes inflammation in the lung owing to the inhalation of very fine silica dust.

1 Like

Re: Random Facts From Around The World by KillerBeauty(f): 3:50pm On May 29, 2017
The world’s largest T shirt is more than 6 times the length of a double decker bus and larger than some football pitches.

(who’s going to wear this?)

5% of people never experience a headache in their lifetime.

(I wish I was one of those people)

Nails grow faster in warm weather than they do in cold weather.

Will smith doesn’t curse in his raps because his grandma once told him not to.

(That’s good I haven’t listened to any of his songs though)

Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Sherlock Holmes on Sherlock is distantly related to a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle who created the character.

1 in 4 Americans did not read a book last year

(hmmm only God knows how many for Nigeria.)

Elephants are the only land mammals that cannot jump. Unlike all other mammals on earth, elephants do not have kneecaps. Therefore, they are unable to bend their legs and acquire the needed propulsion to leave the ground.

In 2017, a man was leaving his house in Mainhausen, Germany only to run into a wall that was built in the doorway of his home during the night.

In 2016, an Indian bus driver became the first person in modern recorded history to be struck dead by a meteorite.

Pronoia, the opposite of paranoia, is the delusion that everyone is secretly plotting your success.

A man in New York spent almost 5 months in prison in 2014, unaware that his bail was $2 dollars.

Police in Chile arrested in 2009 a woman bound for Spain who was carrying suitcases made from rather than filled with 20 kilos of cocaine.

(haha that woman is savage)

In 2004, Los Angeles planted a pine tree in memory of beetles member, George Harrison. Ten years later, it died of a beetle infestation

The bigger an animals brain the longer it will yawn.

Mozart sold more CDs on 2016 than Beyonce did.

Over the past 200 years, toilet has added 20 years to the human lifespan.

Chinese student can get 7 years in jail for cheating in exams.

(How many years can a Nigerian get)

3 Likes

Re: Random Facts From Around The World by KillerBeauty(f): 3:52pm On May 29, 2017
The university of Glasgow offers a Homer Simpson philosophy course

(yeah I’ve watch the carton, the guys is a serious case)

Eskimos have refrigerators. They use it to keep their food warm.

In Canada, Mexico, India, Russia and Israel bank notes have braille like markings on them for the blind.

The Canadian province of Alberta has been rat free for over 50 years.

Disney was sued by a biologist for defaming the character of hyenas in the lion king.

(those hyenas were very funny in that cartoon sha)

There is a museum for broken relationship in Croatia.

Being annoying was against the law in grand rapids, Michigan until 2004.

In 2015, a man dressed up as an armored truck driver and tricked Walmart into giving him $75,000 dollars.

Actor Daniel Radcliffe once wore the same outfit for 6 months to make paparazzi angry

(Daniel Radcliffe is the guy that played Harry Potter in Harry Potter movie)

Despite his profanity laced songs, Eminem doesn’t allow swearing in his home.

A man from the Philippines had 23 surgeries to look like superman

(hmmmm craze)

During the Nazi regime, two twins with a Jewish father separated at birth. One grew up a Nazi and the other grew up a Jew. They met again 25 years later.

Harry potter book has been translated into more than 70 languages.

There is a rent a mourner service in the UK to fill funeral with fake friends.

(not needed in Nigeria as long as there is party jollof rice people will come)

Shakira was rejected from the school choir because the teacher taught that she sounded like a goat

(ha-ha savage teacher anyway jokes on her. But truth be told I don’t really like Shakira voice)

1 Like

Re: Random Facts From Around The World by KillerBeauty(f): 3:55pm On May 29, 2017
As a child, Hitler wanted to be a priest.

Inner speech can clock in at 4000 words per minute, 10X faster than verbal speech.

(Inner speech means talking in your mind. I think 4k words is too much though)

A Chilean man is so obsessed with Julia Roberts that he has 82 tattoos of her face all over his body.

(craze people dey sha)

Bill gates has a McDonalds gold card for unlimited free fast food.

Family guy once used footage from a 9 years old YouTube video in one of its episodes without permission from the owner. The original owner’s clip was then removed from YouTube for copyright infringement.

In the US, people think that one-third of the population are immigrants. In realty its just 14%.

In Chinese the word computer literally translates to “electric brain”.

Saudi Arabia officially classifies atheism as terrorism.

Anders breivik, a Norwegian man convicted of killing 69 children, threatened to go on hunger strike if his prison cell’s PS2 wasn’t upgraded to PS3.

(the guys sense of entitlement is legendary but I’m not surprised though. Norway has the best prisons in the world)

Apple can buy Disney or Coca-Cola and pay in cash

Dyslexia is not limited to visual reading. Blind dyslexics are also affected when reading braille.

A Russian scientist attempted to achieve immortality by transfusing his blood with that of young people. He died after accidentally transfusing his blood with that of a malaria victim.

Saying thank you make people see you as a warmer person, a study found.

In Japan, the likelihood of been killed by a gun is about the same as an Americans chance of being killed by lighting.

Some interns at Google earn up to $90,000 dollars

(wow somebody should convert this figure for me)

In japan tipping a server is considered rude.

The Danish monarchy is over 1000 years old, making it the oldest monarchy in Europe still existing today.

During WW2, the Japanese killed more Chinese than the Nazis killed Jews.

Parrots can live for up to 80 years.

Buddhist monks are not allowed to kill any animal, for any reason, even pest and vermin.

2 Likes

Re: Random Facts From Around The World by KillerBeauty(f): 3:58pm On May 29, 2017
A survey found that almost 9% of American fear zombies, which don’t even exist.

(just imagine?) thanks to their Hollywood movies.

Ancient Egyptians pharaohs made slave fan their wine all night to cool it down

(I don’t understand is the wine hot?)

Texas has at least 200 ghost towns.

When penguin mothers lose a chick, they sometimes attempt to steal another mother’s chick.

(ehen, only king Solomon can judge this matter o)

Research has found that the more visually creative a person is, the lower the quality of their sleep.

(oyinbo people with research, while Nigeria students are still busy cramming hand outs)

Bill gates once said that he always gives the laziest people the hardest jobs, because they will find the easiest way to do it.

The wealthy in Florence, Italy, today are the same families as 600 years ago, researchers found.

Hover boards has been illegal in New York since 2015.

The inventor of intermittent wind shields wipers tried to sell his idea to the auto industry and was turned away. When they began showing up on new cars, he sued and won.

Facebook Co-founder, Eduardo Saverin renounced his US citizenship to avoid paying $700 million in taxes.

Zippers became popular during the great depression
because buttons were considered too costly.

In 2013, a man from wales threw away a hard drive with $7.5 million worth of bitcoin in it.

Enya, one of the world’s best-selling artist sold over 100 million albums, but has never went on tour.

6 Likes

Re: Random Facts From Around The World by KillerBeauty(f): 4:00pm On May 29, 2017
The 100 richest people in the world earned enough money in 2012 to end global poverty 4 times.

Steve jobs last words were oh wow, oh wow, oh wow.

Farmers in India use coca cola and Pepsi as cheap pesticides, according to BBC.

A man named Robert Lane named his 2 sons Winner and Loser. Winner grew up to be a criminal and Loser became a detective.

Mathematician Paul Erdos could calculate in his head, given a person’s age, how many seconds they have lived, when he was just 4 years old.

Leonardo da Vinci was a prankster. He would fake wings and horns on lizards to scare people in the Vatican.

Humans put a man on the moon before they put wheels on luggage.

Finland has more heavy metal band per capital than any other country in the world.

In Halden, a high security prison in Norway every cell has a flat screen TV, an en suite shower and fluffy white towels.

New born babies can only see in black and white for a few months.

A man named Moondyne Joe escaped prison so many times, that police built a special cell from him, from which he escaped as well.

(wow the guy must has the ability to walk through walls)

There is a fake village in the Netherlands with fake shops and restaurants that is actually a care home for elderly dementia sufferers.

There are completely black chickens that has black plumage, black legs and nails, black tongue, black meat and bones, and even black organs.

5 Likes

Re: Random Facts From Around The World by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 29, 2017
Nice from a sweet girl.
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by StephenJobs(m): 4:28pm On May 29, 2017
Woow.....i doubt d last point sha
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by AloyalNigerian(m): 4:40pm On May 29, 2017
Wow.............. ayam ff
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by KillerBeauty(f): 6:34pm On May 29, 2017
StephenJobs:
Woow.....i doubt d last point sha
The one about the chicken? It's true, u can google it. I even created a thread one time about it
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by justflow1(m): 6:07am On May 30, 2017
KillerBeauty:
The university of Glasgow offers a Homer Simpson philosophy course

(yeah I’ve watch the carton, the guys is a serious case)

Eskimos have refrigerators. They use it to keep their food warm.

In Canada, Mexico, India, Russia and Israel bank notes have braille like markings on them for the blind.

The Canadian province of Alberta has been rat free for over 50 years.

Disney was sued by a biologist for defaming the character of hyenas in the lion king.

(those hyenas were very funny in that cartoon sha)

There is a museum for broken relationship in Croatia.

Being annoying was against the law in grand rapids, Michigan until 2004.

In 2015, a man dressed up as an armored truck driver and tricked Walmart into giving him $75,000 dollars.

Actor Daniel Radcliffe once wore the same outfit for 6 months to make paparazzi angry

(Daniel Radcliffe is the guy that played Harry Potter in Harry Potter movie)

Despite his profanity laced songs, Eminem doesn’t allow swearing in his home.

A man from the Philippines had 23 surgeries to look like superman

(hmmmm craze)

During the Nazi regime, two twins with a Jewish father separated at birth. One grew up a Nazi and the other grew up a Jew. They met again 25 years later.

Harry potter book has been translated into more than 70 languages.

There is a rent a mourner service in the UK to fill funeral with fake friends.

(not needed in Nigeria as long as there is party jollof rice people will come)

Shakira was rejected from the school choir because the teacher taught that she sounded like a goat

(ha-ha savage teacher anyway jokes on her. But truth be told I don’t really like Shakira voice)
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by owem19(m): 8:25am On May 30, 2017
Educative

1 Like

Re: Random Facts From Around The World by Nobody: 9:56am On May 30, 2017
I love this shocked
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by talk2hb1(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2017
Idonbilivit
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by Nobody: 11:44am On May 30, 2017
Nice piece of information
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by praise1705(f): 2:08pm On May 30, 2017
wowed
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 30, 2017
I was here
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by Toyade888(m): 6:18pm On May 30, 2017
Bite me
Re: Random Facts From Around The World by ojkalito(m): 8:40pm On May 30, 2017
Arrange your write up..not in uniform and too scanty to read...aagh my eyes cool

(1) (Reply)

See The Final Year Project Topic About Ganduje That Will Mozz You. / Student Of Bayelsa State Varsity Commits Suicide (photo) / Unical Admissions List Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.