Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

My Take On Plagiarism And Content Theft - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Take On Plagiarism And Content Theft (613 Views)

How To Block Your Bank Account In The Event Of Loss Or Theft of ATM Cards / Get Plagiarism Reports For Your Dissertation/thesis / The Issue Of Plagiarism In Nigeria and why it should be taken seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Plagiarism And Content Theft by ABbless(m): 5:00pm On May 29, 2017
I gave this response when a friend recently felt almost let down as someone she respected stole her works without her permission nor did he/she acknowledge her and i also thought to share here.
I remember being at a recording studio where an act was struggling to put lyrics and rhythm over a beat. He struggled like a rat in hot water and I kept wondering why he thinks this is God's plan for his life lool. It took me less than a few minutes to get a hook, and build rhythms around it and effortlessly at that. (note: many So called A & B list artistes would not want any body besides the producer in the studio when they wanna record for this reason. they don't want you to see them struggling) and I was beginning to enjoy my flow quietly. He looked my direction and guess what? Pleaded that I should let him have it (ready to ditch his original noise that has taken him forever to muster) it took the intervention of the producer to dissuade him from that. His arguments: you can't do it like he would, its not your style,his prints are all over this style,etc advising him while he "yinmu" behind his back. A lot of these people we look up to lack the finesse to sustain them up there hence they begin to loose their standings owing to lack of continued self development, research, or the laziness that comes with the I have finally arrived mentality,thereby choosing to spend more time running around for interviews, and irrelevantly trending on the social media on subjects not even concerning their works. you see them struggling to replicate that first hit. every other work they put out reeks of trying to replicate the first that it is so obvious that they are struggling to keep up. At this point they all of a sudden realise how important it is to put out more improved versions of their works or phase out like a one hit wonder then they begin to scamper dangerously. they become desperate enough to steal from innocent up and comings who may have submitted their works for mentorship or sponsorship bad enough without giving an ounce of credit to the poor owner. They might not even be smart enough to edit and maybe restyle or remodel it into something that may look like theirs originally they would just copy and paste.
Here's my advise to my fellow-looking-up-God dream chasers: build depth, keep searching, don't stop, keep pushing, keep praying, fighting for your dream and exercising your talent at every opportunity you get. They wanna steal? they can have it? (Mostly because you don't have a patent, as you could not afford it.else if: sue their sorry ass if you can) They don't acknowledge your works? Keep digging and being good at what you do. Sometimes you just aren't ready yet but you don't know it or won't even agree. when your time comes as it surely would, you would stand out, break limits smash records and reach heights they would have never dared. So don't stress wasting time on these people that you joined to make who they are and worry more about standing tall when you eventually stand out.
On a final note. while you are up there, take some time to relax, find a new inspiration,do those things that inspire you,take a break, spend sometime to research on your field and every other related field of your interest,who knows you might find a way to Link the two and create something never created. visit those places you used to get inspirations from if you still can. and help others when you can. Inspire them with encouragements every now and then,be real be original, give respect, show some love and dedication to important causes. speak if you must,if you can't stand the heat mind your business. above all stay inspired.

lalaaaaaa please show me some love.#winks

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Plagiarism And Content Theft by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 29, 2017
I got dizzy halfway... Kindly input paragraphs for swift comprehension.
Re: My Take On Plagiarism And Content Theft by Aliyah9: 3:38pm On May 18, 2018
I hate plagiarism in any form, I feel your pain about the stolen song. I am currently working at college and have to deal with plagiarism so often, just don't understand why people consider others so stupid not to notice this. I use special plagiarism checkers and the latest of them are very effective. I am sorry you had to deal with such unfaithful person, one can steal a work but will never still a talent. Those copycats who used to "scrounge" from others will never success anywhere, in any working and creative sphere, I know this from my own experience (here's a good post on this topic plagiarismcheck.org/blog/15-unobvious-consequences-of-plagiarism/ ).

(1) (Reply)

Uniben Student Incarcerated Unjustly / Guys Beware - 10 Signs You Are Dating A Mammy Water / Cool Pictures Made For Nigeria's 57th Independence Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.