Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri (546 Views)

Mapoly Student Wakes Up Screaming “My Money’s Inside The Well,” Plunges Inside / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Lady Runs Mad In Owerri, Strips Unclad After A Man Dropped Her Off (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri by Emperoo: 7:53pm On May 30, 2017
That was then in 2011, my year one in FUTO, I can remember cleary. That fateful day I went to Owerri town from my lodge in Umuchima to withdraw money and buy some food stuffs for the month. When I landed in town, along Douglas rd. a man approached me and started asking me some few questions, as a novice and as naive as I was, I gave him all my attention with the view of helping him out.

The first question he asked me was, please where is "Control" along Douglas? (for those who have been to Owerri, you must have heard of control), willingly I directed him, as that is not enough he looked at my cloth and said "my guy why is your cloth stained with blood?", I was surprised and thought that maybe he was joking.

Again he told me to bring my hands that he'll show me something, before then I started shivering, when I brought my hands he told me that do I know that he can make a hole on my hands with his own finger, as if I was hypnotized I started begging him to spare me, immediately another guy joined him, they told me to look at my legs, when I did they told me that they will cover me with sand and immediately it felt like sand started covering my legs.

Such a thing looked like it broke my heart to the extent that I started pleading with them to save me, they said ok that they'll save me if only I give them everything I have and that if I hide anything I'll die, instantly I gave them all the money I had and they asked of my ATM, when I showed them they told me to go to any available ATM machine and withdraw all my money for my life, they gave me a spot to see them.

Fearfully and foolishly I went immediately and withdrew everything (43,000 Naira) and gave to them, when the deal is done they told me that I'll leave and varnished (You know how busy Douglas is always been). Some minutes before they left everything cleared from my eyes, I became confused and was severely stranded. I had to go back to school and start making calls for money.

So I met some few people there, explained my story, they game me 500 Naira to go back to school, from that day I don't give any second thought to answering people on the road.

Source:

From Waltz, a Mybae user
https://www.mybae.mobi/forum/1/2/17/
Re: The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri by DeBret(m): 7:55pm On May 30, 2017
All what I can see is Douglas, ATM machine and a young guy
Re: The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri by Ribajae(m): 8:03pm On May 30, 2017
DeBret:
All what I can see is Douglas, ATM machine and a young guy

this one wey all ur post na all i see, all i see. u buy extra eye?
Re: The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri by DeBret(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2017
Ribajae:

this one wey all ur post na all i see, all i see. u buy extra eye?
And all I can see is a guy who have nothing to say , nothing to think and nothing to do than to talk when nobody even care if he exist.....lol
Re: The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri by senatorizyking(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2017
I have experience such touts but my case was different because I noticed that they are scammers immediately they approached me in Douglas Road asking me 'please where can I see Douglas Road '...

I immediately boarded the next available keke and run away because I just finished withdrawing money for my school fees.
Re: The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri by BlackDBagba: 8:34pm On May 30, 2017
Lesson learned
Re: The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri by princeuj2015(m): 9:36pm On May 30, 2017
Sorry bro, which department did u graduate from? I schooled in futo too 2015 set and was once a victim of those bastards as they made away with my bold 5 that was early 2015 though on a very lonely Sunday morning like that, it's not an experience i wish to remember anyways. It's well
Re: The Story Of How I Was Scammed All My Money In Owerri by Emperoo: 10:56pm On May 30, 2017
princeuj2015:
Sorry bro, which department did u graduate from? I schooled in futo too 2015 set and was once a victim of those bastards as they made away with my bold 5 that was early 2015 though on a very lonely Sunday morning like that, it's not an experience i wish to remember anyways. It's well

Petroleum Engineering, then @ LH2

(1) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Man Collapses And Faints After Taking Too Much Tramadol (pics) / Villagers Stop Family From Secretly Burying Their Son Who Died Minutes Earlier / Arrested Kidnapper, Evans, Bought $170,000 Wrist Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.