Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced (1016 Views)

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music / 9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / M-i-abaga-and-choc-city-suing-american-rapper-nas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by kayo80(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2017
Starting from the early 90s till date, you cant name one great rapper Nas didnt influence. From Jay Z, to Lupe Fiascos, to Kendrick Lamar, Nasty Nas influenced them all. Take the challenge with me and name one rapper Nas aint influence in one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by whitebeard(m): 11:00pm On May 30, 2017
Eminem, t-wayne, brocolli I can go on..!!
Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by Abdhul(m): 11:15pm On May 30, 2017
Eminem i guess.. K dot was influenced by michael jordan.
Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by Greatzeus(m): 11:16pm On May 30, 2017
kayo80:
Starting from the early 90s till date, you cant name one great rapper Nas didnt influence. From Jay Z, to Lupe Fiascos, to Kendrick Lamar, Nasty Nas influenced them all. Take the challenge with me and name one rapper Nas aint influence in one way or the other.
That's my GOAT right there. I remember I saved money and gave it to my brother to help me get " I am" in 1999. After that I had to get all his previous collections. I was a teenager then,Then started following him more ardently.
He made me fall in love with hardcore that promote knowledge, as compared to the ones that just glorify violence. There is no rapper I respect like I respect him.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by kayo80(m): 11:37pm On May 30, 2017
whitebeard:
Eminem, t-wayne, brocolli I can go on..!!

I said GREAT rapper...the only great rapper you mentioned was Eminem. And yea, Nas influenced Eminem. His first underground album, Infinite was heavily influenced by Nas and AZ. Eminem has never denied that. And when he won his second grammy award, he dedicated it to Nas and Jay Z and a few others he said influenced him. Do your research.
Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by kayo80(m): 11:39pm On May 30, 2017
Abdhul:
Eminem i guess.. K dot was influenced by michael jordan.

Eminem from the mid 90s was heavily influenced by Nas and AZ. And Kendrick Lamar was imfluenced by Tupac, Jay Z, Nas, Lil Wayne and a few others. Do your research.
Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by kayo80(m): 11:44pm On May 30, 2017
Greatzeus:

That's my GOAT right there. I remember I saved money and gave it to my brother to help me get " I am" in 1999. After that I had to get all his previous collections. I was a teenager then,Then started following him more ardently.
He made me fall in love with hardcore that promote knowledge, as compared to the ones that just glorify violence. There is no rapper I respect like I respect him.

Whoa! First time i am meeting someone that love Nas's music as much as i do.

The first Nas album i got was Nastradamus back in 1999. My cousins in america bought it and didnt like it, so they sent their two Nastradamus Cds to me. New Word, Come Get Me, Nastradamus, Last Words of a Dying slave and some other songs on that album blew me away. I have been a fan ever since. His story telling abilities, his wordplay, the knowledge he shares in his songs...none can be like him.

1 Like

Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by Ribajae(m): 11:50pm On May 30, 2017
who is this nas guy... shey na new goodmorning cornflakes
Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by Greatzeus(m): 12:08am On May 31, 2017
kayo80:

Whoa! First time i am meeting someone that love Nas's music as much as i do.

The first Nas album i got was Nastradamus back in 1999. My cousins in america bought it and didnt like it, so they sent their two Nastradamus Cds to me. New Word, Come Get Me, Nastradamus, Last Words of a Dying slave and some other songs on that album blew me away. I have been a fan ever since. His story telling abilities, his wordplay, the knowledge he shares in his songs...none can be like him.
About your cousins not liking his music,you can never be a fan of Nas if you don't appreciate lyrics. Many want to listen to flows and instruments, they don't care about lyrical ingenuity.
That's the difference between Nas and other great rappers like Jay,Eminem etc. Jay,Eminem and many others make good music,nice flow and beats,but read any of their words without playing their music, most of it are incoherent,shallow and too simple to be respected.
Now read Nas lyrics, even without playing his song and see the difference, you will be inspired.
I saw " I am" album cover and I read the lyrics written on it. Songs that I haven't listened to then like " ghetto prisoners " "I want to talk to you" etc,I was so inspired I saved to buy the album then in 1999.
Not to mention that his debut album raised the bar for lyrics in hip hop,it is regarded as the greatest rap album of all time.

1 Like

Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by orbgoblin: 12:47am On May 31, 2017
One 44, two 45's three loaded clips four niggz roll one niggA drives. 500 Benz six reasons why these kidz should die, we shootn every mofuka outside..... my best ever nas track!!!

1 Like

Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by Me77: 2:11am On May 31, 2017
kayo80:
From the early 90s! So you basically saying Nas influenced 2pac, Twista, coolio and the likes of Notorious B.I.G and the rest of them which I can't recall their names right now...
You must have started following rap music not so long ago. Yes Nas is a rap legend but much of his influence starting in the mid 90s not the early's.
Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by kayo80(m): 7:44am On May 31, 2017
Me77:

From the early 90s! So you basically saying Nas influenced 2pac, Twista, coolio and the likes of Notorious B.I.G and the rest of them which I can't recall their names right now...
You must have started following rap music not so long ago. Yes Nas is a rap legend but much of his influence starting in the mid 90s not the early's.

Yes, thats what i am saying. And dude, i have been listening to rap since 1991.

And my posts title emphasizes GREAT rapper, not just any rapper that made one hit and disappeared.

With that being said, yea Nas influenced Tupac, and he also influenced Biggie.

Hussein Fatal of the Outlawz said in an interview after Tupac's death that Tupac made Me And My Girlfriend after hearing Nas's I Gave You Power song (both songs are about telling a story from the point of view of a gun), Hussein also said Pac was a big Nas fan.

As for Biggie, after seeing the cover of Nas's debut album, Illmatic, which had a 9 year old picture of Nas on it, he was INFLUENCED to feature a baby picture of himself on hia debut album, Ready to Die.

Dude, i am not talking out my ass. I have been a rap blogger for 10 years, and have been listening to rap music for 25 years, so i know what i am saying. Everything is documented.
Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by kayo80(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2017
orbgoblin:
One 44, two 45's three loaded clips four niggz roll one niggA drives. 500 Benz six reasons why these kidz should die, we shootn every mofuka outside..... my best ever nas track!!!

Shoot em just shoot em up what...murder! murder! murder! kill! kill! kill!

The genius in nas's songs are overlooked cos he doesnt use catchy beats.

1 Like

Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by kayo80(m): 8:21am On May 31, 2017
Greatzeus:

About your cousins not liking his music,you can never be a fan of Nas if you don't appreciate lyrics. Many want to listen to flows and instruments, they don't care about lyrical ingenuity.
That's the difference between Nas and other great rappers like Jay,Eminem etc. Jay,Eminem and many others make good music,nice flow and beats,but read any of their words without playing their music, most of it are incoherent,shallow and too simple to be respected.
Now read Nas lyrics, even without playing his song and see the difference, you will be inspired.
I saw " I am" album cover and I read the lyrics written on it. Songs that I haven't listened to then like " ghetto prisoners " "I want to talk to you" etc,I was so inspired I saved to buy the album then in 1999.
Not to mention that his debut album raised the bar for lyrics in hip hop,it is regarded as the greatest rap album of all time.

You have said it all.
Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by mickeyrova(m): 6:35pm On May 31, 2017
Gee,what's the name of that song he featured BEASTIE BOYS?
Also,what album was HATE ME NOW in?
Thanks and sorry for the deviation!
As to the op,I don't think Nas influenced MACKLEMORE(though he might not be in the category of "great" you are referring to)..
Re: You Cant Name One Great Rapper Nas Hasnt Influenced by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2019
Greatzeus:

Whoa! Can I get some of these albums from you?

(1) (Reply)

FOREIGN Hits:-chris Brown (feat. Tyga)_straight Up / Mr Eazi – Pour Me Water (official Dance Video) / Video: Taylor Swift - End Game Ft. Future, Ed Sheeran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.