Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,343 members, 7,836,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Love Hiccups - Literature (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Hiccups (866700 Views)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Introducing Top 10 Stories Of The Week ( Nomination Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Hiccups by Akinwale14(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
teel123:
Kimberly West good work. Please let's have more of Jane and nathaniel. U got me glue to my phone since 5am

Regards
I agree with u I like Nate
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
queenitee:
I'm telling you, I love Vicky. Nate abeg do the kissing thing and get over it jare. Where is Dami nah? K.C where is that girl?
grin cheesy
Sis, Dami is on story-break.
Don't worry, she will be back soon.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
Lildiamond:
��nice touching
Thanks dear.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
Uzyvicks:
Hmm, I love the sequential arrangement of this story, more grease to ur pen. Love ye

Thanks sis.

I'm glad you love it.
Re: Love Hiccups by adeoyun(m): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
Next...... Kimberlywest please come teach me how to write
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
igit270:
Kim west Weldon more wisdom,
Thanks darling, I'm still waiting for the 30billion alert cheesy cheesy
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
yhungbrowhne:
he should just ask her out and I though she's just using Ben to scare him first
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I don't even know what to believe yet.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
adeoyun:
Next...... Kimberlywest please come teach me how to write

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Teach ke?

I'm only learning how to write.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
cutediva87:
Kim weldon.
Thanks alot Diva.
Re: Love Hiccups by Folasima(f): 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
Thanks
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
bimberry1307:
OHKAY! Ghost mode deactivated. I love this jane, she sure knows how to play her game.
Ride on OP.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks alot.

And, please don't slide back into ghostmode.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
chekemy:
you are an excellent writer!
I must confess this story is dope and has been one of the most intriguing stories av read here on nairaland
...more wisdom to you and more ink to your pen...kudos to you ma'am!

Thanks alot dear.

With comments like this, I'm not sure for how much longer my neck would be able to carry my head, cuz it's getting way bigger than it was.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
vickyviolet:
Weldon ma
Thanks V, hope you will help us advice your namesake to stop torturing our Ken?
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
WHOcarex:
So far so nice
Thanks alot, I-care.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
KimberlyWest:

grin cheesy

Sis, Dami is on story-break.

Don't worry, she will be back soon.
Better o, I miss her
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
Silensa:
Nate I am Sorry for you since you are only fast in fast retort and blabbing but can't even explain how you feel talk more of expressing it.

Vicky Vicky Vicky Vicky what art thou unto?
Ken don't relax at all cos i feel that she is really up to something. Don't trust Women, they don't forget no matter what

Kim well done

Thanks alot.

Women don't forget, no matter what? cheesy cheesy cheesy I guess you're talking from experience.

Bitter truth: Women do forget but it takes time.
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hadampson:
mtcheew
E pain u too ni?
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
4rty:
Am addicted to this write up I swear pls save me from the imagination and update fast smiley

cheesy cheesy grin
Thanks alot for the comment.

I will update at night.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2017
teel123:
Kimberly West good work. Please let's have more of Jane and nathaniel. U got me glue to my phone since 5am

Regards

Since 5AM? Wow, this is serious.

You will soon get update on those two funny people.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
Emperor380:
Nice one mum....
Jane I know uve noticed that Nate is in luv wit u so better not suffer him oo.
ken uve been forgiven but I can smell emotional torture from ur wife

Thanks sweetheart.

As for Vicky, forgiving is not her problem but forgetting is the real big problem.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by igit270: 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Thanks darling, I'm still waiting for the 30billion alert cheesy cheesy
. Kim dear how has been ur day ,30 billion no problem, all we need is give ur consent, and were dat guy dat we sent to u. more grace sis
Re: Love Hiccups by herosakin777(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
Kimberlywest ur story is superb more grace to u and God bless more wisdom
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
queenitee:
E pain u too ni?
Re: Love Hiccups by bummybummy(f): 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
Thank God dat Ken and vicky z bck but to b sincere i love d way vicky z punishing ken o, atleast av learnt dat one now
Re: Love Hiccups by marianneada(f): 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
Vicky ride on with the torture, i love this story like kilode, More widom to you sweetie. cheesy
Re: Love Hiccups by labonita1(f): 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
wow.........right from the very beginning i like Nate, i think he's the best among the three guys
Re: Love Hiccups by nmama(f): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2017
Have been following but never comment, sorry dear for been sting. Nice storyline u got here, even ur use of grammar of expressing love. Thumbs up!
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
Cont'd.

''I need to leave now'' Jane informed him, already on her feet.

''It's alright, when do you want to resume?''

''Next week, thanks alot for your support and also for this offer''

''You're welcome''

Her phone rang and she excused herself and moved away from him.

He relaxed on his chair and fixed his eyes on her, she was smiling like someone who just won a prestigious award, she was talking in a low voice so he couldn't hear what she was saying.

She finished and walked to him ''Sorry, that was Ben, we are going out tonight and he called to remind me''

Those words hit him like a hammer on his chest and anger seethed through him. He smiled; a smile he didn't feel.

''He's such a caring boyfriend, I wish I was a lady, I would have prayed for God to give me a boyfriend like him'' Nate ground out, writing meaningless words on a paper and refusing to look at Jane.

With a shake of her head, Jane smiled and picked her handbag from his desk ''See you next time, I need to go home and prepare for the date night, the guy is so hot, I just can't get enough of him''

Anger vibrated through his body and he jerked his head towards her ''Goodluck on your date'' he said and added a brilliant smile.

''Thanks Nate, you're such a caring friend'' she answered and gave him a quick smile before walking out.

The moment she stepped out, he got up, clenched his hand into a fist and Jabbed it several times into the air while picturing Benjamin in his mind.

''Dammit'' he cursed and sat back on his seat.

He soon realized with a sinking feeling that he was already missing her and it's not even up to two minutes since she left.

Curiously, he clicked on the dictionary app in his phone and for the first time in his life he searched for the meaning of the word 'Love'

''A strong feeling of affection'' he kept on muttering to himself a minute after he kept his phone aside.

''A strong feeling of affection? That's definately not what I feel for her, I only like her, she's my friend, there's nothing more'' he murmured to himself

''Nothing more than a friend'' he re-assured himself before opening his laptop to resume working.

The Minute K.C reached his apartment in Enugu, he entered his car and left for the one place that's been on his mind; Dami's apartment.

His initial plan was to spend just two weeks with his family and then return to Enugu, but when Dami called to inform him that she was travelling home to spend 5 days with her parents, he extended the duration and ofcourse that made his sisters very happy, especially Mary, whose introduction he primarily travelled for.

The low key introduction, had been the best he's ever witnessed, not that he has witnessed many, but atleast from videos and his own failed-marriage introduction, he could still tell that Mary's introduction had been the best, but then, she's his sister and if he doesn't say good things about her introduction then who would.

He was now approaching Dami's apartment, just 10 minutes drive from his own, his hand tightened against the wheel as he thought of her and her mesmerizing smile.

He was only away for 3 weeks but it feels like he's been away from her for like forever.

He quietly drove into the compound of her two bedroom apartment, which she's been living in right from her third year.

He walked quietly to her door and made to knock, when the door flew open.

''K.C?'' she asked in surprise.

''Hello Dami, you just ruined everything, I was supposed to surprise you'' He muttered with a frown.

''Sorry Mr, why didn't you tell me you were coming?

''Well, I told you I would return from Abuja today and what other place were expecting me to visit first if not your house''

''Welcome, how are your sisters?''

''Oh, the three queens of trouble are doing fine'' he answered with a shrug.

''That's good, how did the introduction go?''

''Fine'' he replied and looked away from her face that his eyes has been on, since he saw her, that was when he noticed she was dressed like she was about going out.

He arched an eyebrow ''Where?''

''Huh?''

He pointed to the dress ''Where are you going to?''

''Oh! I was about coming to your house'' she answered and then pouted ''You let me dress up for nothing''

''I feel so special, all this dressing up just for me? Wow'' he exclaimed and smiled at her.

''I've got goodnews'' she said to him and opened the door wider to let him in.

He got in and gave her a questioning look ''Let me hear the goodnews''

''Guess'' she said with a grin.

''I'm bad at guessing'' he replied.

''He asked me out!'' she yelled like he has never heard her yell before.

Jumping up severally, she walked to him and gave him a hug ''He asked me out and I couldn't wait to share the good news with you''

He gently pushed her away and checked to see if she's still alright

''Who?''

''Doctor Raphael'' she answered.

And he started to gasp for air. ''What, what was your answer?''

''You're my friend and you should know i said yes to him''

Tbc.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by Ofez: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nate and K.C this heart break too much oh...
Re: Love Hiccups by chrisking125(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
lol k.c your own wahala just started
Re: Love Hiccups by Precious111(f): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hmm God catch you K.C. Thanks for the update.
Re: Love Hiccups by iwakacome: 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
ah jesu! Friend zone of life. We go carry the matter go MFM. Na dis kind thing dey cause heart failure

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (143) (Reply)

Black Maria / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.