Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Who Is Going To Save Shooting Stars Football Club? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Going To Save Shooting Stars Football Club? (531 Views)

Champion Stars Football Club / Shooting Stars Gets New Technical Adviser / All Stars Football Club Around Gbagada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Going To Save Shooting Stars Football Club? by Harlex(m): 2:50am On May 31, 2017
It was a very bad feeling at the Lekan Salami Stadium which happens to be the home ground of the biggest football club in Ibadan, the Oyo state Capital.

Shooting Stars also popularly known as 3SC or Oluyole warriors have been going through some difficulties which revolves around financial obligation or commitment from the handlers of the Football Club. 3SC which use to represent the face of the game in the southwestern region is fast becoming a shadow of itself, due to government inability to commit resources into sport development in the state.

After the humiliation melted on the club by Ifeanyi Ubah Football club, both the players and the club supporters have not been too happy with how the affairs of the club is being managed, but one can only imagine when the financial problems rocking the club will come to an end.

Player cant continue to play on empty belly, while government continue to make mockery of the abilities these young Nigerians are investing to make the club what it use to be. Its was a sad day at the stadium after the match with Ifeanyi Ubah FC as the club lost 3-0 to the visiting team after which supporters started clamoring for the sack of Coach Fatai Amao, then i began to imagine if it was the duty of the coach to take responsibility for the financial situation of the football club? I mean what is the role of the coach in the whole issue, if your players are financially starved i don’t know the magic the coach will perform to save the situation. All over the world, the clubs that win matches always command some financial strength.

Nevertheless, the situation still balls back to the fact that Nigerians are not enjoying the current state of the economy. When the Oyo state Governor was hosted by the media houses in Oyo state on May 29th, one would have expect some of the aggrieved fans of Shooting stars to have called in to at least make a case for the club before the Governor but i was surprised that no body raised any question about government attitude towards sport development in the state. Even the journalist present didn’t see reasons to ask the governor questions relating to sport development in the state.

With the club struggling for survival in the league, i continue to ask myself; who will save our dear 3SC from its current situations? If nobody is asking question about the clubs activities and how it is been managed, then i wonder who are the original stake holders of the club because right now Shooting Stars FC needs a voice.

Sport is one area government can explore to get large numbers of youth engaged, and this cannot be achieve without financial commitment, because even if you get the best of sporting equipment and the guys who are expected to use those equipment still struggles with feeding then we cannot say we are moving forward in all effort to make sure we get more youth into sporting activities.

http://www.naijascoreboard.com/save-shooting-stars-football-club/

Re: Who Is Going To Save Shooting Stars Football Club? by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 3:57am On May 31, 2017
God will save them
Re: Who Is Going To Save Shooting Stars Football Club? by Harlex(m): 4:20am On May 31, 2017
AdebisiAdeyinka:
God will save them

you mean they have to wait a bit longer......Lol

(1) (Reply)

PSG Keen On Getting Nigerian Midfielder Anderson Esiti / ... / Antonio Conte To Leave Chelsea This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.