Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Maths, Science Subjects To Be Taught In Indigenous Languages - FG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths, Science Subjects To Be Taught In Indigenous Languages - FG (321 Views)

Science, Maths Teaching In Indigenous Languages To Begin Soon –FG / Nigeria To Teach Maths, Science Subjects In Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Other Languages / Schools To Teach Maths, Science In Indigenous Languages-Onu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maths, Science Subjects To Be Taught In Indigenous Languages - FG by Kayville: 1:13pm On May 31, 2017
The Federal Government has revealed plans that will ensure primary and secondary schools in the country to start teaching Mathematics and Science subjects in indigenous languages.

This is according to the Minister of Science and Technology, Ogbonnaya Onu, who stated this at the inauguration of inter-ministerial committee on teaching of mathematics and science subjects in local languages in Abuja on Wednesday.

The inter-ministerial committee is comprised of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Education. Read more at http://www.reportsafrique.com/2017/05/maths-science-subjects-taught-indigenous-languages-fg/
Re: Maths, Science Subjects To Be Taught In Indigenous Languages - FG by Jabioro: 1:19pm On May 31, 2017
How will you relate to algebra, square root quadratic equation angles 90. obtuse angle, perpendicular,exponent,matrix and so many mathematical language in Yoruba my mother language.. I dey listen.. I beg make talk better things..
Re: Maths, Science Subjects To Be Taught In Indigenous Languages - FG by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 31, 2017
I thought that's what they ve been using to teach in Chibok community since they want to start teaching English to the kidnapped girls that were writing WAEC
Re: Maths, Science Subjects To Be Taught In Indigenous Languages - FG by semaj23: 1:57pm On May 31, 2017
I don't think this is feasible especially for sciences.
Re: Maths, Science Subjects To Be Taught In Indigenous Languages - FG by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 31, 2017
So in the east, mathematics will be like Yem Ego + Wete'm Ego= Wete'm 2 Ego grin

(1) (Reply)

How Use Logic To Win Arguments / JAMB Reschedules Examination For 62,140 Candidates On 1st Of July 2017 / Pass Microsoft 98-364 Exam With New Microsoft SQL Server 2008 98-364 Dumps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.