Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Which Of These Is Better For Ceiling, PVC Or Asbestos? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Of These Is Better For Ceiling, PVC Or Asbestos? (5587 Views)

Pvc For Ceiling At Affordable Price / How Much Is Nigerite Solo Asbestos Slate? Thanks. / PVC Or POP Ceilings Cost Implication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Is Better For Ceiling, PVC Or Asbestos? by tafabaloo(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2017
I need an urgent professional advise on which of these items is better for ceiling of a residence. Some advised that I use asbestos while others favoured PVC .
Thanks.
Re: Which Of These Is Better For Ceiling, PVC Or Asbestos? by onward4life(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2017
tafabaloo:
I need an urgent professional advise on which of these items is better for ceiling of a residence. Some advised that I use asbestos while others favoured PVC .
Thanks.

i vex toss is still better
Re: Which Of These Is Better For Ceiling, PVC Or Asbestos? by tafabaloo(m): 4:14pm On May 31, 2017
onward4life:

i vex toss is still better
you mean asbestos?

Really want to know what advantage one has over the other besides aesthetic value and cost implication. Thanks
Re: Which Of These Is Better For Ceiling, PVC Or Asbestos? by jeftalene(m): 11:38pm On May 31, 2017
tafabaloo:
Thanks.

Asbestos ceilings releases cancerous diseases after prolonged use to the space where it is installed. This is really harmful health-wise. Besides asbestos ceilings are no longer in vogue in this part of the world but it is observed to be more stable than PVC. PVC ceilings have the tendency to sag, expand and fall off after some time (usually after 7 years for the original ones and 3 years for the sub-standard ones) and don't have very good resistance against heat and fire but it is still in vogue.

The choice therefore is yours.

There are other ceiling types that outclasses the both in functionality but are rarely used because they are considered 'not budget-friendly'.

www.engineerosaz..com is where you find latest prices of building materials in Nigeria, free rough estimates of various types of building projects across the country and quality construction advice from a reliable professional in the industry.

With engineerosaz. you are not alone!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Better For Ceiling, PVC Or Asbestos? by tafabaloo(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
jeftalene:

Asbestos ceilings releases cancerous diseases after prolonged use to the space where it is installed. This is really harmful health-wise. Besides asbestos ceilings are no longer in vogue in this part of the world but it is observed to be more stable than PVC. PVC ceilings have the tendency to sag, expand and fall off after some time (usually after 7 years for the original ones and 3 years for the sub-standard ones) and don't have very good resistance against heat and fire but it is still in vogue.

The choice therefore is yours.

There are other ceiling types that outclasses the both in functionality but are rarely used because they are considered 'not budget-friendly'.

www.engineerosaz..com is where you find latest prices of building materials in Nigeria, free rough estimates of various types of building projects across the country and quality construction advice from a reliable professional in the industry.

With engineerosaz. you are not alone!

Thanks
Re: Which Of These Is Better For Ceiling, PVC Or Asbestos? by wilsonmarlin: 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
PVC is the best option.

(1) (Reply)

5 Floors Modern Commercial Plaza For Sale In Abuja / Duplex@ Banana Island, Waterfront Duplex@ Lekki 1, Bungalow@ Ajah Lagos / (Pic)7BedRoom semi detached Duplex@ Gbagada Phase2, 75m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.