Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! (415 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by royyaldiadem(f): 10:07pm On May 31, 2017
Hi all!

I have been dating my man for at least 2 years now, when we started getting to know each other he talked casually about ex's. He mentioned how he was deeply in love with his ex and when he was ready to propose they went to check their genotype and it turned out that they were both AS & AS. This caused issues for them and the relationship had to end.

My biggest worry is that I unfortunately am an AS and I know how much heartbreak it will cause for both of us and and our families, I really don't know what to do, I've asked friends, I've prayed but I don't know how to tell him because he's finishing meds school and talking of settling down already. I am completely distraught and confused...

Please can you all give some advice, encouragement or even personal experience on how to handle this situation really appreciate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by delishpot: 10:23pm On May 31, 2017
If you want to gamble with the posibility or you ourtightky dont mind having SS kids, then your genotype shouldnt bother you even if both of you are ss.
If you can not carry the burden of having SS kids then dont marry him. If you do, thrn hopefuĺy you huys will not try to have kids.
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by Evablizin(f): 10:32pm On May 31, 2017
My dear tell him please,don't joke with sickle cell,save him,save your unborn kids and yourself from the punishment of sickle cell,i know you've prayed remember what he told you about his ex ,don't keep it as a secret.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 01, 2017
royyaldiadem:
Hi all!

I have been dating my man for at least 2 years now, when we started getting to know each other he talked casually about ex's. He mentioned how he was deeply in love with his ex and when he was ready to propose they went to check their genotype and it turned out that they were both AS & AS. This caused issues for them and the relationship had to end.

My biggest worry is that I unfortunately am an AS and I know how much heartbreak it will cause for both of us and and our families, I really don't know what to do, I've asked friends, I've prayed but I don't know how to tell him because he's finishing meds school and talking of settling down already. I am completely distraught and confused...

Please can you all give some advice, encouragement or even personal experience on how to handle this situation really appreciate!

Welcome to the club
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by Psittacus(m): 2:01am On Jun 01, 2017
Honesty is important, Tell him the truth.

Now consider the future, consider what might or might not be. This lovy dovy you are enjoying presently is because everything is near perfect.
The future is the rest of your life. Even the Bible says
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.

This is how you start planning for a good life
Be wise!
Re: How Important Is GENOTYPE? Please Help!! by ehinmowo: 11:52am On Jun 01, 2017
there are three solutions, d first you already knw.
2. sex preselection- this technology is readily available in Nigeria, especially in some private establishmeny. through this means d experts can choose d healthiest child and d sex of d child as well. pls note that this procesd cud cause you about 3 million naira

3. the next option is bone marrow transplant. if one has ss child, a bone marrow transplant is d only viable option. this process is also very expensive. In addition, DNA closeness is required btw d donor and d receiver (most family).

finally, if you want further enquiries on these, don't ask me cos I am nt a doctor. Do ur research.

(1) (Reply)

Etiquette Is Worthless Without Humanity / We Take A Look At 10 Things Every Nigerian Guy Should Have Achieved By Age 30: / 10 Secrete To Being The Best Parent To Your Kids…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.