Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More (1315 Views)

HP Elitebook 6930p Dual-Core and Elitebook 8440P corei5 Laptops / HP 650, Intel dual core, 500GB, 4GB, 2.3GHz, Bluetooth, Webcam ( Brand NEW) / Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More by kdships(m): 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2007
I have one New Dell laptop available for sale. It's got the latest Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual Core) processor. It can do more simultaneously than a Pentium M. Imagine running four heavy duty programs simultaneously. Read the spec below.

It's "NEW" and unregistered.

Model:  Dell Inspiron 640m
Processor:  Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed:  1.83ghz
Hard Drive:  100GB
Other Drives:  DVD+/-RW drives
RAM:  1GB (1024MB)
Monitor:  14.1 inch
Weighs only 2.5kg
4.5 hours of battery life
Ports include 4 USB ports, one S-Video Out, one IEE1394 port, one ExpressCard Slot, Hi-Def audio support, one 5-1 flash memory card reader

Price - N170,000 Now 160k
Interested? Call now! 08027572290
Re: Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More by marjson(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2007
can you post the picture so i can see what you wanna sell
Re: Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More by kdships(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2007
I'd decided to keep it.
Re: Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More by brume2020: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2007
kdships,

I know you have decided to keep your laptop after all. Just out of curiosity was it dual core or core duo?. They are not one and same same.

brume
Re: Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More by kdships(m): 11:33am On Sep 04, 2007
It's stated clearly on the ad. It's a core 2 duo.
Re: Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More by brume2020: 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2007
Ok. Thanks for clarifying that.

The only reason I asked was that intels own name branding nomenclature can be somewhat confusing to the uninitiated.

I may be wrong but as far as I can tell, you can build a Dell 1420(the sucessor to the 640M) with any of the following processors :-

Intel Pentium Dual core* (Intel Pentium processor family)
Intel Core Duo (Intel Core processor family)
Intel Core 2 Duo (Intel Core processor family)

All have 2 processors (and hence are all dual cores in a generic sense), but one of them is simply reffered to as "intel pentium dual core" and the Cores do not specifically say "(dual core)" although they actually are dual cores. The Core 2 Duo has the greatest claim to fame i.e :-

up to 40% faster with improved energy efficiency, etc.

Your ad stated Core 2 Duo(Dual Core). Which is correct in itself, just wanted to be sure what exactly you had.

Thanks,

brume
Re: Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More by kdships(m): 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2007
@brume, "Dual core" means it has two processors and the "Core 2 duo" is simply Intel's brand name for that centrino technology processor. The "Intel Dual core" is another brand name of Intel's processor. And, you're also right about the Core 2 Duo. It's got an improved energy efficiency when compared with the lower types. Are you planning on purchasing one of the core 2s?
Re: Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More by brume2020: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2007
kdships,

A nairaland user had asked about a laptop which could run XP with no issues. I thought the 640M had been around long enough that it might run XP seemlessly - but you are keeping yours.

As for me, I'm mulling a high end HP Core 2 Duo for a speculative buy. I'm waiting to first sell at least one of the HPs and acers I shipped to Lagos recently before I do that.

enjoy,

brume
Re: Buy This Cool Dell Laptop With Great Features - Dual Core And More by SHOT(m): 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2007
i have a better dell configuration for that price -N160,000

Model: Dell vostro 1500
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.3ghz
Hard Drive: 160GB
Other Drives: DVD RW dual layer drive
RAM: 1GB
Monitor: 15.4 inch
webcam,bluetooth, Hi-Def audio support, memory card reader

Price - N160,000
http://shot-africa..com/

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Gateway Laptop For Sale / I Need A Nokia 5630 Xm / mtn modem 3g 4 sale @4k and zoom modem 3g 4 slae @4k 08083688918

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.