Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,832 members, 7,837,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) (37430 Views)

Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police / My Bad Experience With Iyare Motors From Benin-lagos Trip / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by imstrong1: 10:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Sir, guns are already in the wrong hands in Nigeria. Evidence = this article.

I am talking about legal gun ownership.

By the way, don't believe the BS about gun problem in America. Our "gun problem" is why we don't have highway robbery here and why my wife can leave for work at 4am feeling safe.

PS: you're welcome at my place anything me. In fact the doggies insist as they need new meat grin
you've got some points there considering the fact that groups like the Fulani herdsmen, militants have already illegally armed themselves and security are not proactive...but am afraid it could take some time.. Don't worry coming with my pack of wolves..
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by joinnow: 10:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
This happen in the morning.....
Imagine what will be going on in the night
It hard time federal government create one army battalions along benin-ore expressway
to reduce this menace on the road.
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by thanki410(m): 10:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
InvertedHammer:
/

Those armed robbers are policemen.

\
bros , you never can tell abeg. The whole place smell of hatred and bad intents
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Rexnegro(m): 10:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
in the first place why travel via midnights ehn?
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Shaev7(m): 11:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
This road today treated me bad! I was totally exhausted today for almost 5 hours.
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by NovusHomo(m): 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Nigeria is ripe for legal gun ownership.

If you disagree then I'm in my house come and beat me.

Send your address. I will come and beat you. grin

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Bullhari007(m): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
They should have use the time to block national assembly and force Nass to impeach that epileptic Fulani dullard in London morgue
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 02, 2017
NovusHomo:

Send your address. I will come and beat you. grin

If you can beat me then you don't need me to give you my address grin

Bin Ladin didn't have to give Hussein Obama his address.
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 02, 2017
Shaev7:
This road today treated me bad! I was totally exhausted today for almost 5 hours.

But you're alive. One conductor is not.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by dandollaz: 12:47am On Jun 02, 2017
I'm still on the road ooo
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by ibkonekt(m): 2:23am On Jun 02, 2017
I support gun ownership in nigeria...legalize guns because nobody can protect anyone now

2 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by donviso(m): 2:57am On Jun 02, 2017
HELLO MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, THIS IS A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY FOR ME AND EVERY YOUNG NIGERIAN OUT THERE..
I am currently nominated to be among the 40 young global leaders with immense contributions to family planning.. As part of the selection voting is stipulated.
Please I don't know how best to ask for your support on this but I don't know where else I would seek support like here.

http://120under40.org/nominee/elvis-okolie

Steps to vote
Please Click on the link
Click on vote for nominee
Create an account using ur email (gmail is faster)
And ur voting is done..
It takes less than 5minutes if you use Google Chrome browser
God bless you as you support this movement
Also share with friends

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by AreaFada2: 3:34am On Jun 02, 2017
kingsleymike:
But road robbery reduced in the past 10 or 12 years. It was a big issues in the late 90''s but seemed to have died. Why did they suddenly wake up?

People will not want to hear it. But recent history worldwide shows that in times of severe economic difficulties, inflation, high employment especially among the youths, crime rates rise. With sophisticated lethal weapons two a penny, it's much easier to overpower innocent people.

Call it laziness or excuses, but it is a fact.

Someone tired from doing a hard day's work will hardly have time or energy to go kidnap or do armed robbery.

Victims of kidnap repeatedly say that their kidnappers were mostly unemployed graduates.

Until we address youth unemployment, bring about steady and strong economic growth again, only God will help us. embarassed
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by SmartMugu: 4:35am On Jun 02, 2017
Why is it always bad news everyday? I can't even remember the last time I heard of a Nigerian living in Nigeria that won a scholarship or got promoted at his or her work on this platform. All I see are the people that killed a snake, those that ran mad,, those that commited suicide etc. When will something positive ever be posted here on NL?

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by InvertedHammer: 5:02am On Jun 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Nigeria is ripe for legal gun ownership.

If you disagree then I'm in my house come and beat me.

I think individuals can own 12-guage short gun aka pump action gun. I am not sure but that should be a good start.
Load it with some 9P 12/70. 2(3/4) low recoil bullets and any problem remotely challenging will be solved.

/

2 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by vioment: 5:34am On Jun 02, 2017
Every time in Nigeria, people always say, time for the military to be brought in. In serious countries, the police and the military have similar training but different weapons and responsibilities. To me, it is more about strategy/intelligence. We don't have electronic superiority and good training. Instead of police and mopol staying on the road and causing traffic, the government should organize frsc to verify particulars at very few random but credible spots. We can have police outpost along a route like lagos/benin road, so for every 10km, there are temporary mobile post beside the road maybe out of sight from the road but close; so that if there is an operation going on, the police can respond with radio, helicopter(s), heat detectors, and their training of equipment and surroundings regardless of personnel changes.

Talking about training, it is only in Nigeria that training seems like a joke, No seriousness and consistent repetition. Training in this case is supposed to be about responding to a crime in progress, so this should be based on coordination and logistics. The police department should have started educating the public on the things to do during a crime especially the travelers, bystanders, and the whole community of the affected areas. Show them ways to signal when they are in distress - so if an armed robber runs into a house during a police chase from the road, when the police have surrounded that street and going door to door, the occupants of that house or space should have known during the police/public awareness training that they can give 20/30 signals to let police know they or their families are safe during the search or if the criminal is there.

The problem with Nigeria is that we don't like to use our heads for better things that involves hard work. How can some one invest in an unstable place that the locals call normal. Am not disregarding the benefits of risk when investing, but in Nigeria, many of these risks are uncalled for, they are self inflicted risks. People who are willing to help create economic dynamism, won't see sense in it. And until we create the atmosphere for investment which includes security and a trust of security services, then we are in an unending loop of craziness.

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 02, 2017
InvertedHammer:

I think individuals can own 12-guage short gun aka pump action gun. I am not sure but that should be a good start.
Load it with some 9P 12/70. 2(3/4) low recoil bullets and any problem remotely challenging will be solved.

/

As a home defense weapon that would be great.

I'll love to conceal carry a weapon while I'm mobile.
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by InvertedHammer: 5:50am On Jun 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:

As a home defense weapon that would be great.

I'll love to conceal carry a weapon while I'm mobile.
/
Conceal carry is dangerous. Our people are filled with envy and hatred.
\
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by melayemi: 6:22am On Jun 02, 2017
That particular spot of the road has become an haven for armed robbery operations,There was a day I was traveling back to Lagos and we were lucky to escape them but what baffles me was that our so called Nigerian Police with two pick up vans fully loaded with officers were few miles away from the robbery scene,our driver had to align from the vehicle to let them know what was going on ahead and then they replied telling the driver if he has two heads why don't he come over so they can give him there guns so he can go to the scene to scare them away and that they are family men
At that point I realized only Jesus is our Police in this country..When will Nigeria Change for good

2 Likes

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by GenGbose(m): 7:18am On Jun 02, 2017
The blood still runs in their veins!
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Max24: 7:35am On Jun 02, 2017
Insecurities in the land and we are supposed to have an IG.
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by mizlovette(f): 7:44am On Jun 02, 2017
Yesterday was my worst travelling experience, spent almost 4 hours on that road. God it wasn't funny at all.
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Elbowroom: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jirate:
APC will come here and blame GEJ, and shout Change. Foolish People, their punishment has no Part 11. cool

Okay Benin ore Road is APC Road right?

Have you taken your dosages this afternoon?

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by VNOS(m): 1:42am On Jun 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Sir, guns are already in the wrong hands in Nigeria. Evidence = this article.

I am talking about legal gun ownership.

By the way, don't believe the BS about gun problem in America. Our "gun problem" is why we don't have highway robbery here and why my wife can leave for work at 4am feeling safe.

PS: you're welcome at my place anytime. In fact the doggies insist as they need new play toys grin

I totally agree with you. If these criminals see that 6 out of every 10 people they attack own their own guns and are able to defend themselves and return fire for fire, then they'll not only think twice but thrice about robbing, bullying and harassing innocent people indiscriminately. Most of these idiots are cowards playing gods because they have the guns illegally and know most victims can't defend themselves. It's ALREADY a problem in Nigeria as the guns have already found their way into the hands of the criminals. The only solution now is to make guns available legally to the law abiding citizens with proper vetting and continuous monitoring. That or we clear and remove every single gun from the streets, like in the UK, of which we know sadly is virtually impossible to do in this our country Nigeria. Smh angry

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 04, 2017
VNOS:

I totally agree with you. If these criminals see that 6 out of every 10 people they attack own their own guns and are able to defend themselves and return fire for fire, then they'll not only think twice but thrice about robbing, bullying and harassing innocent people indiscriminately. Most of these idiots are cowards playing gods because they have the guns illegally and know most victims can't defend themselves. It's ALREADY a problem in Nigeria as the guns have already found their way into the hands of the criminals. The only solution now is to make guns available legally to the law abiding citizens with proper vetting and continuous monitoring. That or we clear and remove every single gun from the streets, like in the UK, of which we know sadly is virtually impossible to do in this our country Nigeria. Smh angry

I agree with you. We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

One of my associates that lives in Soka, Ibadan was robbed recently. They banged on his door in a tenement house and threatened that if they forced the door open that they would kill him. So he opened it and was beaten severely.

Imagine if he was armed behind his door. Best of all I don't think the thieves would be brazen enough to attack especially a tenement house risking the number of potential armed residents.

In the case of UK, I would rather be armed than be unarmed. Look at what is playing out today. Death by van and knife. There are many instances in the USA that attacks have been stopped or minimized by armed civilians.

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 04, 2017
Elbowroom:

Okay Benin ore Road is APC Road right?

Have you taken your dosages this afternoon?

And I don't think you meant vitamin B2 dosages grin
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by NovusHomo(m): 1:03am On Jun 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:

If you can beat me then you don't need me to give you my address grin

Bin Ladin didn't have to give Hussein Obama his address.

Okay Egun. Can we both agree that while

Osama been hiding
Obama been leading
the search for him?

1 Like

Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Nobody: 3:29am On Jun 09, 2017
NovusHomo:

Okay Egun. Can we both agree that while

Osama been hiding
Obama been leading
the search for him?

We're saying the same thing, Sir.

Any entity that can summon the wherewithal to whup my a$$ will have the capacity to locate me and swiftly.
Re: Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) by Amoyinoluwa24: 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rain Destroys A Filling Station In Abuja At Old Kutunku (photos) / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue / Man Dies In Motor Accident Two Days After His Wedding In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.