Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan (6675 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by azibit: 6:26am On Jun 02, 2017
Humans sometimes worry too much about uncertainties and worry less about certainties. Everyone knows they would die one day but we all act as if we are going to live forever. People seek for better lives as if they knew they would be alive the next second.

It matters that you always put death in your equation. I do not mean it as a form of a scary statement. I mean imagine that you are not around tomorrow to do whatever it is you plan to do. Always imagine the impact of your actions when you are no longer on the surface of the heart. The most important things in life sometimes pass us by without us ever thinking about them. One of such things is the month of Ramadan for a Muslim.
Some Muslims act as if the next Ramadan would meet them on the surface of the earth so they spend their time trying to achieve uncertainties. People want to make more money so that they do not suffer in old age. People earn more money so that their kids would not suffer. All these are important, but why do we act as if they would certainly happen, the only certainty in life is that we are all going to leave this earth. Why not spend more on that certainty.

This Ramadan is here again. Lucky ones among us are still here. No assurance we would see the next one. What would you do if this was your last Ramadan? Would you watch more video games, more movies or simply continue to behave in the same way you currently behave. Well, I do not know how you currently behave, but I am sure you would like to do more good deeds.

People all around us need us to do good things. We ourselves need people to do good things. So let that start with you. This Ramadan should be a starting point where you behave as if you are living a second life. Imagine you are in a world where you can simply be the best at whatever you do. Do all the best you can because you do not know if this is the last Ramadan you would be witnessing.

A lot of us for no certain reason believe that we are still young and that death is far away. So we put up doing righteous deeds until the later parts of our lives. We would always tell ourselves I would do that next year. But who assures you of next year. This moment is all that you have.
This Ramadan, do more and be more. Start with yourself. Take time out to read and understand more of the Quran. Understand the Sunnah and practice it. Pray more. Do more kind acts. It does not matter how small it is, smile at your neighbor. Shake that friend and tell him/her good words.
Feed people if you have the capacity. Pray for others. Pray that Allah guides us all to become better Muslims. Aim to become better than you were yesterday. No good deed is too small. Try every single one you can lay your hands on. Be the change the Muslim Ummah wants to see and never sit back expecting another person to do it.

Ramadan is the month of the Quran. It matters that you do more with it. Next Ramadan is not sure for anyone. Make this one this best Ramadan yet.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank every Muslim that has been kind and merciful to others during this Ramadan. Keep up the good work. The world needs more of you. For those yet to start something, there is still time. Go make a difference.
Jazakallah Khairan.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by saydfact(m): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
May Allah count us as one of those who would witness many more.. Ameen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by emeejinsm: 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
nawa for Islam oo

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Iv stopped imagining

2 Likes

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by elnaf(m): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
جزا كلله بخيراً

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by Kunlexity(m): 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jazakhulahu kairan
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by larrymoore(m): 12:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
how is that your headache pervert, the end justifies the means.
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by ibawon(m): 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
If this were to be my last Ramadan I'd love to die after I don do my personal Tajud for the last 10 days.
Cos I put death in my equation all day, The next minute is not assured.

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by azbaba(m): 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Now i understand your thinking is very low .. i dont even know where to categories you.. a fool will always be 1

MakeWeTalk:
if this were your last ramadam, I'd recommend you change to Jesus.

Mohammed the best muslim & the prophet of Islam did not
know he would make heaven.

Sura 46:9 "I am not something original among the messengers,
NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS).

Jesus on the other hand promises heaven to anybody who believes in Him

John 3:
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 HE THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED: BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY, BECAUSE HE HATH NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

Now if mohammed is not saved, what hope do muslims have?

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by YaksonFCA(m): 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Thanks for sharing this.
Jazakallahu Hairun

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by Kazrem(m): 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jazaakumullah
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by HisEminence(m): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
what about Islam? cant u just leave them to their religion?
emeejinsm:
nawa for Islam oo
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by OLAJADON: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

John 3:
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 HE THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED: BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY, BECAUSE HE HATH NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

Ramadan is in the holy Quran like very compulsory practice of a Muslims, is Christianity in the bible what makes you so sure that Christianity is the way of God.
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by Horo(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jazzakallahu khairan may us be among the people that will benefit immensely from the blessings of this holy month.
As regards to nasty comments please don't respond to them I think silent is the best answer

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by jhidey08(m): 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

John 3:

I dunno what you guys gain or achieve from these nonsense you post here. Can't you just stay in your lane?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by jhidey08(m): 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
OLAJADON:

Ramadan is in the holy Quran like very compulsory practice of a Muslims, is Christianity in the bible what makes you so sure that Christianity is the way of God.
when someone is idle U'll know dem easily. Always doing things to displease others. Don't mind him
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by holuwashaun(m): 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

John 3:

Say I am not something original among the messanger..... I.e. I am neither the first messenger to be sent nor am I bringn something different from other Messengers (my predecessors). Get an English Qur'an or Read the Tafsir of each Surah to understand the context surrounding the revelation of each verse.. What he brought wasn't new. Every prophet came to tell the world about God and that He be worshipped alone and associate no partners with him..

Allah Says "He begets no one (son) neither was he begotten (Mother) and He Has no equivalent".... So our Illah has no begotten Son.

FYI.....Google on Tafsirs or inquire from the Scholars of Islam. The English transliteration is a summary. It doesn't give full details about what led to the revelation....... Same way you attend Church/ Bible Study to av a comprehensive understanding and not just following what you're able to interpret into....

3 Likes

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by OLAJADON: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
jhidey08:
when someone is idle U'll know dem easily. Always doing things to displease others. Don't mind him
his hatred for Islam is making him to misbehave, I pray he doesn't die as an unbeliever because his punishment will start right from his grave where at least he will spend more than a thousand years.
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by OLAJADON: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
holuwashaun:

Say I am not something original among the messanger..... I.e. I am neither the first messenger to be sent nor am I bringn something different from other Messengers (my predecessors). Get an English Qur'an or Read the Tafsir of each Surah to understand the context surrounding the revelation of each verse.. What he brought wasn't new. Every prophet came to tell the world about God and that He be worshipped alone and associate no partners with him..

Allah Says "He begets no one (son) neither was he begotten (Mother) and He Has no equivalent".... So our Illah has no begotten Son.

FYI.....Google on Tafsirs or inquire from the Scholars of Islam. The English transliteration is a summary. It doesn't give full details about what led to the revelation....... Same way you attend Church/ Bible Study to av a comprehensive understanding and not just following what you're able to interpret into....
please tell him to educate himself and he should stop allow how the west portray Islam brainwash him, ignorance won't be an excuse on the last day.
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by LadunaI(m): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

John 3:

How myopic or shortsightedness are you? Do you quote verses out of context without thorough understanding of background event of that verse?

Well, for your information and to cure your ignorant. The HIGHEST PINNACLE (dwelling) in the HEAVEN (paradise) has already been promised to Holy Prophet(saw) by his LORD , and GOD will FULFILL IT, because GOD do NOT fail in HIS promise.

Also, do you know, TEN of his companions had already been CERTIFIED to go to HEAVEN without any iota of doubt.

Lastly, He (saw) ALL his followers will make HEAVEN except those who refuse. And when asked who are those, he(saw) those that do NOT obey him. So get these facts into your brain and stop spewing nonsense henceforth!

4 Likes

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by jhidey08(m): 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
OLAJADON:

his hatred for Islam is making him to misbehave, I pray he doesn't die as an unbeliever because his punishment will start right from his grave where at least he will spend more than a thousand years.
I dunno the orientation such people have. Pathetic!
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by Ishaq717(m): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

So a fool is one who knows that mahammed nor allah can save? cheesy

If I am a fool then explain how come Jesus went to heaven in the full view of people.

Acts 1 (KJV)

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

And mohammed did not make heaven and even says neither will his followers? grin

this one doesn't evn reads his bible, go to your bible and see what Jesus said about Muhammad(saw)...I know u dnt evn knw about d verse, lemme gv u expo, john 14:16
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by Ishaq717(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
emeejinsm:
nawa for Islam oo
as e waa for u abee
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by hibas: 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

John 3:

hehe,see don't just let anything start now

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by Ayomideen(m): 12:53am On Jun 03, 2017
Great piece OP
Shukran
Re: Imagine This Was Your Last Ramadan by MakeWeTalk: 1:07am On Jun 08, 2017
Ishaq717:

this one doesn't evn reads his bible, go to your bible and see what Jesus said about Muhammad(saw)...I know u dnt evn knw about d verse, lemme gv u expo, john 14:16

John 14:16 (KJV)
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter,
that he may abide with you for ever;

If you look at the next verse it's says that the comforter is the Holy Spirit, never mohammed

John 14:17 (KJV)
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Further down still it's says so again.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,

How you think that mohammed is the Holy Spirit is hilarious.

(1) (Reply)

What Qur'an Says About Jesus / Does Undertaking Covid-19 Test Whilst Fasting Affect The Validity Of The Fast? / Ruling On Removing Hair On The Ear With Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.