Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Check Out The Heartbreaking Note Left With Dog Abandoned In Cage - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Check Out The Heartbreaking Note Left With Dog Abandoned In Cage (617 Views)

California Wildfire: Abandoned Hospital For Stranded Animals (Pic) / Woman Left Her Dog With A Nigerian Groomer, See Its Look When She Came Back / WTF: Woman On Stretcher Going To Hospital With Dog's Penis Stuck In Her Vagina! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Heartbreaking Note Left With Dog Abandoned In Cage by petsarena: 8:43am On Jun 02, 2017
Labradoodles are common mixed breed but the Henry County Humane Society never expected to find one abandoned with a heartbreaking note.

One of the shelter’s dog walkers discovered the abandoned pup inside the building that will become the Humane Society’s new shelter in May 21.

The dog was crammed inside a tiny cage with no food or water — just a note with some of his information.
“In July I’ll have been here three years and I can honestly tell you I’ve never seen anything quite like this,” Tracy Diehl, the manager of the Henry County Humane Society, told TODAY. “Of course, he was scared to death, and he’s still a little nervous, but he’s really doing great.”

“It is very hard for me to leave a home where I am very loved and cherished,” the note concluded. “But I hope I can bring joy to my new family.”

Buddy is on the quick road to recovery and adoption. The shelter has received so many applications they’ve had to stop accepting new submissions and they are currently sorting through the candidates.

They called the potential owners’ current veterinarians to ask if their pets are up-to-date on shots. They also ask about the hopeful owners’ activity level and living environment.

And while Buddy’s situation was so sad, we’re sure this shelter will find a sweet new family that will love and support him.

“The one good thing that’s come out of this is that people are realizing there are great dogs at shelters,” said Diehl. “Please look at your local shelters.”

Diehl explained that once the new facility is complete, they intend to name the dog yard after Buddy.

“Considering how he was crammed in a very small space, we want to name the dog yard after him,” said Diehl. “The dogs will always have a space to run and stretch their legs.”
Source:http://petsarena.com.ng/2017/06/check-heartbreaking-note-left-dog-abandoned-cage/

(1) (Reply)

Male Pug Pup For Sale / Solid undocked Male Rottweiler Puppy Available For Sale / Pure Breed Apso Lhasa Puppies 4sale, Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.