Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

I Need Help Enablin 2 Os (vista & Xp) To Show Before Bootin - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Help Enablin 2 Os (vista & Xp) To Show Before Bootin (600 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Enablin 2 Os (vista & Xp) To Show Before Bootin by marocguy(m): 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2010
I have a hp tablet tx 1000. I had vista on one partition before i installed xp on a new partition i carefully created using shrink volume on vista. Xp was installed successfully but i dont see the option for choosin between the two partition before bootin. It boots directly to xp
Re: I Need Help Enablin 2 Os (vista & Xp) To Show Before Bootin by marocguy(m): 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2010
Where are d computere guru's in d house. Pls help me out
Re: I Need Help Enablin 2 Os (vista & Xp) To Show Before Bootin by marocguy(m): 8:01am On Jan 19, 2010
Plsooh
Re: I Need Help Enablin 2 Os (vista & Xp) To Show Before Bootin by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 19, 2010
download install and run vista boot pro - it should enable you to resolve the issue

http://www.google.com.ng/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=vistabootpro&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

or easy bcd

http://www.google.com.ng/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=6po&q=easybcd&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

alternatively, you can get the windows vista disc and try a repair install, it should restore the vista startup dialog and xp will be there as 'older version of windows' or some such
Re: I Need Help Enablin 2 Os (vista & Xp) To Show Before Bootin by Chygoz2(m): 10:22am On Mar 06, 2011
marocguy:

I have a hp tablet tx 1000. I had vista on one partition before i installed xp on a new partition i carefully created using shrink volume on vista. Xp was installed successfully but i dont see the option for choosin between the two partition before bootin. It boots directly to xp
whenever you want to use a multi boot system, that is to run two operating systems on a single computer, you should install the older version of windows before the new one. In your case, xp before vista. Installing it otherwise will result in what happened to you. I don't know anyway of making the option for selecting windows to reappear though. I've made such mistake before and i had to learn the hard way.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Nigeria / I Need Omaek Driver / Neco Online Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.