Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Francesco Totti, As Roma Greastest- Sportspice - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Francesco Totti, As Roma Greastest- Sportspice (332 Views)

AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds / Francesco Totti Resigns From Roma After 30 Years, Says Leaving Is Like "Dying" / AS Roma Supports The Super Eagles For World Cup Glory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Francesco Totti, As Roma Greastest- Sportspice by Sportspice: 12:40am On Jun 03, 2017
The club icon came off the bench to help Roma record a dramatic 3-2 home win against Genoa in the last game of the Serie A season, securing second spot and automatic Champions League qualification at Napoli's expense, Francesco Totti suggested he could postpone his retirement and carry on playing after hinting at "a new adventure" during an emotional farewell following his final Roma appearance. Totti was expected to take up a non-playing role at Roma after it was confirmed he would not sign a new deal, but in an poignant speech at Stadio Olimpico he implied he might have changed his mind.
"I like to think of my career as a fairytale to tell - and this is the worst part," Totti said. "Now it really is over.
"I take off my shirt for the last time. I will fold it nicely, even if I have to admit I'm not ready to say it's over and maybe I never will be.
"Sorry if during this period I didn't give interviews or clarified my thoughts, but it's not easy to switch that light off. Now I am afraid. It's not the same fear you have in front of the goal when you need to score a penalty. This time I cannot see through the holes in the net what lies beyond. Image result for totti francesco, "So allow me to be a little afraid. This time I am the one who needs you and your warmth. What you've always shown me. With your affection, I will certainly be able to turn the page and throw myself into a new adventure."

(1) (Reply)

The Sky Is Blue Even At Night: Spirit Of The CHAMPIONS / Barcelona To Pay Messi £26million Deal To Block Transfer / Bafana Stun The Super Eagles In Their Own Backyard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.