Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

CLOSED:Part-time Copy Editor/proofreader Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CLOSED:Part-time Copy Editor/proofreader Needed (678 Views)

Copy-editor/rewriter Needed / I’m a dragon / Tech Writer And Proofreader Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CLOSED:Part-time Copy Editor/proofreader Needed by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 03, 2017
CLOSED

Job Title: Editor/Proofreader

Location: Any location (so far you have a laptop and internet connection)

Job Description
We are looking for proofreader/editors to work from home. The person must have use of a computer/laptop. Excellent English skills required. The work is remunerated on a manuscript by manuscript basis. Proofreading is a career that is perfect for those who have a good eye for detail, grammar, and spelling. Proofreaders review, edit and make changes to written work before it is published.

Qualifications
We typically need a bachelor's degree or masters in English, journalism or a related field, as well as impeccable spelling, grammar and knowledge of style.
Minimum of 1 - 5 years' work experience in a similar role.

Skills
Essential Skills and Attributes:
• Spelling/Grammar: Proofreaders need to have a mastery of the written word. They need to understand how a sentence is read, and how a sentence is spoken. Being proficient in language and writing style is crucial.
• Attention to Detail: Proofreaders need to make sure every comma is in place and every word is spelled correctly.
• Ability to work in a team setting through primarily email, Skype/WhatsApp and phone communication; Self-motivated.
• Strategic and creative thinking.
• Excellent proofreading, copyediting, developmental editing, line editing, and editing for search engine optimization.

Application Closing Date
30th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: support@shopistry.com.ng
Re: CLOSED:Part-time Copy Editor/proofreader Needed by achu442(m): 10:42am On Jun 03, 2017
I have done proof reading for a bit of time and worked for a freelance group over a few years.

I don't have a BA in. English and I think I can still do well, cos I have done it.

If you can try me.Remember,Certificate is just a paper.

(1) (Reply)

MIDICAL Internship/housemanship@chevron 2017 / We Are Hiring!!!!!!! / Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.