Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 (72174 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: Super Cup (1 - 3) On 13th August 2017 / Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
Herrmes:
Give me an EPL team that can challenge Barca or Real Madrid.
Barca And Real Madrid are just Miles better than any other team in the world, that's why they dominate not just La Liga, the world too.
I don't need to give u, it will given in the UCL in few weeks time. But it seems u guys are confused, wat I said that lead to this comment was la liga been a league which u d pro-laliga said all dia teams can beat english clubs, but apart 4rm madrid and barca I can't see u guys mentioning other teams, and said at the beginning of statement that la liga only have 2 gud teams and that doesn't make it a better league, but if u think these teams are dominating all the teams in EPL, den check madrid and barca records against chelsea head to head in competitive matches and u will see otherwise, don't think beating arsenal and man city is dominance over d league.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by iluvpomo(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Can't guess who'll win the EPL cos it's a bunch of mediocre, less talented gathering of teams....
There you go, you cannot guess who will win the EPL but you know that either RM or Barca will win La Liga .... BOOOOOOOOORING! grin
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by iluvpomo(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
Princefrankie1:

Alright brother. I will reply you one last time because I have enjoyed our discourse and it's been abuse free, I commend you for that.

You see, at the emboldened, you are once again WRONG. Those are the kind of unfounded claims you guys make that I am trying to correct.

The following is culled from Wikipedia.

one significant feature of the Epl during the mid-2000s was the dominance of the so-called "Big Four" clubs: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

During this decade, they dominated the top four spots, which came with UEFA Champions League qualification, taking all top four places in 5 out of 6 seasons from 2003–04 to 2008–09 inclusive. [Sic]

Arsenal went as far as winning the league without losing a single game in 2003–04.

In May 2008, Kevin Keegan stated that "Big Four" dominance threatened the division, "This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world." [Sic]

The trend continued until Tottenham and Manchester City broke the dominance in the years following 2009.

Manchester City won the title in the
2011–12 season , becoming the first club outside the "Big Four" to win since 1994–95.
[sic]

You see bro, the Epl has been dominated by a few teams, precisely Manchester United. From 1992 to 2013, 21 long years, United won 13 Epl titles. Leaving just 8 titles for Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City to share.

And you say it is more COMPETITIVE because anybody can win it? Who told you so? Except you have a different definition of that term COMPETITIVE.

I decided to quote wikipedia this time to see if you will now argue with wiki. Lol

As for Laliga, let me take from 1992, (that is the year of Epl inception) to bring equity to the argument.

All of REAL MADRID, BARCELONA, ATLETICO MADRID, SEVILLA, VALENCIA, DEPORTIVO LACORUNA, ATLETICO BILBAO, VILLAREAL, CELTA VIGO, MALAGA have made the top four on different occasions.

In Epl, it's been MANCHESTER UNITED, ARSENAL, CHELSEA, LIVERPOOL, EVERTON, MANCHESTER CITY, TOTTENHAM, and finally, LEICESTER.

You can now make your comparisons bro. Lol

Argue with facts brother. This two Leagues are not mates in anything. Anything!!!
You are going very far back ... I already covered that. The unbalanced TV revenue sharing scheme of La Liga has made RM/Barca even stronger this past decade. That is why in the past 11 years, Barca and RM have alone won it 10 times.
It is really a boring prospect for the neutral like me. Every season, I root for a new La Liga team to win their League but it will never happen.
If you are the betting type, bet that a new team will win La Liga this season ... I bet that either Barca or RM will win it. It is the reason why their ratings are lower than the EPL's.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by iluvpomo(m): 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
Princefrankie1:

Lol. Lover of pomo you no dey tire??
I love facts ..... as much as I love pomo ... grin
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by monerozi5590: 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
Maiconyoung:
I don't need to give u, it will given in the UCL in few weeks time. But it seems u guys are confused, wat I said that lead to this comment was la liga been a league which u d pro-laliga said all dia teams can beat english clubs, but apart 4rm madrid and barca I can't see u guys mentioning other teams, and said at the beginning of statement that la liga only have 2 gud teams and that doesn't make it a better league, but if u think these teams are dominating all the teams in EPL, den check madrid and barca records against chelsea head to head in competitive matches and u will see otherwise, don't think beating arsenal and man city is dominance over d league.

Atletico Madrid. No EPL team currently can't defeat Atletico Madrid over two legs.

That aside, is a phase, before now it was EPL that was dominating the UCL but currently it is laliga maybe tomorrow it will be the turn of EPL again.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by binsanni(m): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
kunlesehan:

hope you're watching the match cos I'm all smiles like the way I was when my darling Chelsea won the league again.

lol

hala Madrid, my second club after Chelsea!
no just add salt to my wound abeg sad sad
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by oloriLFC(f): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
binsanni:

already on the pitch, we gonna give heartbreak tonight wink wink wink
how market? grin
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by marksleek25: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
see face! LOL

1 Share

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by binsanni(m): 8:46am On Aug 10, 2017
oloriLFC:
how market? grin
hey will you keep quiet, what did you know about football self eh? wink wink wink
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by oloriLFC(f): 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
binsanni:

hey will you keep quiet, what did you know about football self eh? wink wink wink
Haaa!! See you! I will tish u football mehn
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by binsanni(m): 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
oloriLFC:
Haaa!! See you! I will tish u football mehn

bae cam down nah, shuu person no they follow you play again ni wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ur statement is true 4rm beginning to d end. Because ATM found it a nut too hard to crack wen they meet leicester.
monerozi5590:

Atletico Madrid. No EPL team currently can't defeat Atletico Madrid over two legs.

That aside, is a phase, before now it was EPL that was dominating the UCL but currently it is laliga maybe tomorrow it will be the turn of EPL again.

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by ogemsy: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2017
Ibisanmi:
I am so astonished nd grateful to involve myself in this social network which has given me a reason to smile again
It give 100% bonus within 24hours of investment.
5k=10k
10k=20k
50k =100k

I used 10000naira to start and after 24 hours I got 20000naira.May, just decided to share my testimony because there might be someone in need.May God strengthen this network and make it more fruitful
To join click on
Note= you don't need to invite someone before you get your money

http://www.donorzplus.com

That's scam! Please people should not register. You will only provide help but won't get help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties / Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.