Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Is It OK To Tell Lies In A Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It OK To Tell Lies In A Job Interview? (591 Views)

Is It OK To Lie On Your Resume? / Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? / Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It OK To Tell Lies In A Job Interview? by AjalaJ(m): 3:30am On Jun 05, 2017
Is it OK to tell a white lie in a job interview?

I'm applying to a job where management experience is required. But I'm currently not managing anyone. I was supposed to be managing a team, but my manager failed to honor this part of the contract. Is it OK to tell potential employers that I have management experience? I have faith in my skills.
Answer:
Imagine this…

Recruiter, “Do you have management experience leading people?”
You, “Yes, I do!”
Recruiter, “Great! Tell me about your team. How many people? What were their titles?”
You, “Oh, 10 people, all Representatives.”
Recruiter, “Cool! We are looking for someone with previous experience. Tell me about a time you had to correct performance?”
You, “Uh. I do that all the time.”
Recruiter, “Great! Tell me a specific situation. Tell me what happened, what you said, what their response was, etc.”

Recruiters are trained to go deep. To get to actual situations and scenarios of when you’ve done something. I do not recommend you go down this path. It could quickly turn bad.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Is-it-OK-to-tell-a-white-lie-in-a-job-interview

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng
Re: Is It OK To Tell Lies In A Job Interview? by ehix89(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2017
Tell it and be very very very smart about it, cover all loopholes, you facial expression must connotes you are telling the truth, if they eventually discover during the course of the interview that you are telling lies, kindly pick up your bag and walk away cause you stand no chance, anyway its a gamble that must be taken since recruiters demands are getting stiffer by the day. It has worked for me....

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Tell Lies In A Job Interview? by ituglobal(m): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
How many of us are even telling the truth in the first place?

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For The Post Of Fleet Officer / 2017 Nigerian Navy Nationwide Massive Job Recruitment ---35 Positions / Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.