Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Where Are The Exchange Rate Monitors That Used To Be In The Banking Halls - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Are The Exchange Rate Monitors That Used To Be In The Banking Halls (387 Views)

The Exchange Rate Of Dollar To Naira From 1972 2019 / Exchange Rate: Today’s Naira Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Exchange Rate Monitors That Used To Be In The Banking Halls by Pstcozzy: 11:50am On Jun 05, 2017
Where have all the bank exchange rates monitors gone?
There used to be a time in this country when you didn't need worry on who to ask the various exchange rates between the local currency (Naira) and other currencies (US$, CAD$, £ and €) as these rates were daily displayed in the banking hall via electronic monitors.

Though the rates varied from bank to bank, but one could easily tell then, that the difference in rates were substantially minimal and no bank could do you 'wayo' while transacting with them 'cos everything was in black and white on the screen.

Even then, the rates you see inside the banking halls, gives you an idea about the rates these same currencies would be sold for or bought at the black market, hence making your decisions as to who to patronise, easy, unlike now that you will first need to source the internet (oanda.com, xe.com, etc) for exchange rate, thereafter call your account officer from bank to bank and finally call an Alhaji, all in the bid of knowing what the exchange rate for that day is before finally comparing all to make a financial decision.

My question now is simple, where have the bank exchange rate monitors in our banking halls went?
Why aren't people talking about it be brought back?

Please guys, if you're knowledgeable in this subject matter, drop your ideas for us to learn.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Exchange Rate Monitors That Used To Be In The Banking Halls by Hollawayn05(m): 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
funny as it might be,
BUT DIS IS NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH...

have been observing dis ish too
Re: Where Are The Exchange Rate Monitors That Used To Be In The Banking Halls by Pstcozzy: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2017
Though I have nothing to gain if my thread makes front page or not, as it won't add a thing to my social or economic status, but I frown at how moderators of this forum will leave out threads that will enhance one's knowledge in a particular subject area and be flocking the front page with news of deaths, burials, trees, snakes that was killed and other irrelevant threads that adds nothing to one's life.
Moderators, you guys should please grow up in doing your jobs so as not to turn nairaland front page to a laughing stuck as it is becoming already.

(1) (Reply)

What Kitchen / Cooking Chore Do You Hate Most? / Beyonce Gives Birth To Twins: US Media – Newspaperupdate / AZAKA Has Just Dropped This High-energy-smoking-hot-jam Called "Whata-guan."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.