Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna (29624 Views)

Lockdown: Dunamis Shares Food Items / Anglican Church Shares Food Items Worth N30m In Onitsha Diocese- Pictures / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by londonrivals: 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
The Christ Evangelical Intercessory Fellowship Ministry, Sabon Tasha, Kaduna has doled out over 500 food packages to Muslims, since the beginning of the Ramadan.

Pastor Yohanna Buru,the Church General Overseer, told the News Agency of Nigeria [NAN] in Kaduna on Monday that the food packages and drinks were shared out to destitutes and the poor.

He said that the Church was in the forefront of promoting religious tolerance in Kaduna State, adding that the gesture was to deepen peaceful co-existence between Muslims and Christians.

“We must support our brothers and sisters with what to eat in these 30 days, in view of the high cost of food items in local markets.
“This gesture will strengthen good relationship with Muslims and promote religious tolerance and better understanding among different faiths.”

According to him, it is not the first time the church is distributing foodstuffs to needy Muslims during the Ramadan.
Buru recalled that the Church had distributed over 1,000 packaged food and drinks to Internally Displaced Persons, destitutes and prison inmates in 2016.

The cleric stressed that Islam and Christianity have many things in common as contained in the Bible and Qur’an, adding, “we are all brothers and sisters and must support each other to live in peace and harmony.”
He decried the negative attitude of traders who usually take advantage of the Ramadan to hike prices of goods, saying that the action negates every tenet of religion.

Buru appealed to wealthy Muslims and Christians nationwide to support the poor, including widows and orphans to ease their pains.

One of the beneficiaries, Malam Wambai Isa, who is the leader of visually impaired persons in the state, commended Buru for his relentless efforts to bring succour to less privileged persons.(NAN)

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/06/church-shares-food-to-500-fasting.html

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
benedictnsi:
I hope Nasari El-Rufai heard of this kind gesture
so? Should he fry beans?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by benedictnsi(m): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
I hope Nasari El-Rufai heard of this kind gesture

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by freakthingz(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
Nice you know these tribalistic sentiments get tiring on a continous basis grin grin

Yah I know i'm a hypocrite but I can't bash this

In fact from today no more instigation of tribal based adjudications

Exceptions:
1. If a neega comes for me I'm coming for him, his fam, extended fam and neegus within or closely associated with his geopolitical region.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Seeker17(m): 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
Like d best news i've read since 2day cool

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by carzola(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
Giving them food out
Of pity is a good gesture..

See how skinny and dry
They now look.. Cause
Of Allah.. An illusion
A powerless whatsoever..

When will my people
Be liberated from their
Self inflicted mental
Slavery called religion..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Evablizin(f): 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
God bless the church of God,the need the food after fasting because a hungry man is an angry man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by benedictnsi(m): 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
xstry:
so? Should he fry beans?

No, he should hide his face in shame..... cos he is a religious bigot which you know too well

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
When you smile and show kindness to those head slamming mofos, they turn around and stab you at the back.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Rtopzy(f): 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
Ok, Sabon tasha peps , I hail una
Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Zonacom(m): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2017
No Gospel is more understandable than this

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Howmon: 4:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
Why una go share food give person wey nor ask?

1 Like

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by demarc001: 4:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
Nollywood will title this "COULD THIS BE LOVE"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by emmasege: 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
This does still not stop some bad elements among them from burning churches, killing and raping.

Good gestures though.

4 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by mmsen: 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
Feeding those that will slaughter you at a moment's notice.

Well done.

4 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
And they kill u in return...Such cows

10 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by YellowBarStinks: 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2017

They will return the favor by killing you

12 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Shamsointegrity(m): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
carzola:
Giving them food out
Of pity is a good gesture..

See how skinny and dry
They now look.. Cause
Of Allah.. An illusion
A powerless whatsoever..

When will my people
Be liberated from their
Self inflicted mental
Slavery called religion..

One idiot spotted .....better to keep mute than speak and U clear everyone's doubt

10 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Most likely not borne out of goodwill. This move was likely driven by fear of future attacks on them

2 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kudos to the church. The more we see ourselves beyond our religious affiliations, the better for us as a country.

7 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
This is good.
Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Oladelson(m): 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
HMMM
Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Wizkhalifa2(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
Afta dem Bellefull, one of them go come go bomb d church shocked

6 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Edu3Again: 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
I love the Church of Jesus that says, love your enemy don't jihad them.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

The church of Jesus says feed your enemy, do not blow them up

Pro 25:21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:

But Church please tell them about Jesus.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by cole265(m): 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
That kind gesture will not stop the blood socking monsters from slaughtering people when they get possessed.

8 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by saintTim(m): 4:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
Not one love at all

1 Like

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by heckymaicon(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
JESUS IS LORD

2 Likes

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by galaxy2020(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
They go behind and refer to them as unbelievers "aruna", hypocrisy of the highest order.....
Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by iykomo666(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
xstry:
so? Should he fry beans?
are u OK @ all shocked shocked shocked
Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
benedictnsi:

No, he should hide his face in shame..... cos he is a religious bigot which you know too well
El Rufai is not a bigot

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna by freshvine(f): 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
That's the way to go and propagate a true gospel. Here Christians are reaching out in Muslims holy month while they're reciprocating by throwing bombs all over the world

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out The Name Change Advertised On A Newspaper That's Got People Talking / What Is Nature Exactly? / American Pastors Pray Over Kenneth Copeland As He Visits Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.