Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

My Selcouth (a Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Selcouth (a Short Story) (501 Views)

The Beauty Queen (a Short Story) / Done In 60 Seconds (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Selcouth (a Short Story) by Toybreezy: 6:09am On Jun 06, 2017
MY SELCOUTH.
Andrew had never seen a lady as vivacious as Cynthia. She is the first of the two children of her parents.Having lost her father at the age of 10 to a fatal car accident and her mother's sight shortly after his death,she had to drop out of school and become the bread winner of the house.
She works 12 hours every day in Burgers and Shakes, although one could see her effervescent behavior while she does her work. A great observer would not fail to notice the slight unhappiness in her. Yet,this was the selcouth being Andrew admired. He had taken time to find out about her and now he was there at a table waiting for her to come attend to him. When he looked up, it wasnt Cynthia he saw! It was a Ann another worker who had come to attend to him. Surprised, he requested for two pieces of waffles and chicken adding that it should be made and served by the slim,elagant lady.CYNTHIA
What? He requested that I make and serve his waffles? That jerk!! She had bumped into him on her way to the shop on a Monday morning, she almost fell but he had caught her just before then. His hands had held her waist and even in her unconsciousness, she couldn't help but admire his handsome face. Seeing that he was a customer she started apologizing but the honey face only replied "good that you apologized". What arrogance! she replied back telling him he was also suppose to apologize back since he was the one coming out."I only apologized because you are a customer" she blurted out. The honey face only replied with a smile,'good that you replied'. Cynthia was only more irritated as she walked away angrily and called him names. So now he requested that she made his waffles. She couldn't have refused because of her boss' prying eyes. She found herself going to serve his waffles. Determined not to say a word to him, she dropped it on the table and showing him his bill on the paper she had written. She stretched her other hand demanding for money. Andrew only smiled and pretended to collect the paper from her,touching her hands and not letting it go. Remembering the article he had read on how to make a girl love you. He was able to practice it. Rule 1: Be friends. Impulsively,he asked,can we be friends? She gave him an angry look,then shook her head."Well then,I will like to pay Ann the bill".She gave him a long hiss before finally leaving his table
He was enjoying his waffles when Ann came.He gave her #10000 which was more than the normal amount. Stunned, Ann started to say it was more than the normal price but he stopped her,saying that he's aware.He asked her if she could give him Cynthia's number and without hesitating,she gave him from her phone.
"Pick your calls,pick,pick,pick".That was the tenth time he had called.He was bothered.Well,applying those rules had helped,though,he must admit that she was very stubborn but also vulnerable. She didn't know how rich he was yet. It's just been a month. And she wasn't picking her calls. He has become "addicted to her".He draws strength from hearing her voice. Work was impossible without hearing from her. Work?He had told her he was into a profitable business,yet prismatic Cynthia didn't ask any further question about it. Was she aware already it was a lie?
DAMN!WHERE IS MY SELCOUTH?

I'll like to be criticized .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SAM AT 18: The Introduction / Author WP Bloggers: Convert Your Wordpress Website Into An Android App / Light In The Dark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.