Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - (2994 Views)

Please Advice :- Biomedical Engineering Or Nursing Science / Electrical Electronics Engineering Or Medicine / Mechanical Engineering Or Welding And Fabrication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by futurevizi(m): 7:40am On Jun 06, 2017
which will u go for on normal ground in Nigeria universities .gurus please answer me
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by emmy4lov(m): 8:02am On Jun 06, 2017
it all depends on your interest.
will you like to be called an engineer or a scientist.?

in my opinion, you can't compare a scientist and an engineer..

Annual salary of a telecommunication engineer is higher than that of a computer scientist.

As a computer scientist you can easily work from home, train your self, and also do your studies on part time lectures in most Nigeria unis but Telecom is full time, straight 5 years, and you have to be on site for technical training..

In terms of risk. telecommunication engineers are more exposed to risk they climb mast and high towers and sometimes they are exposed to harmful radiation, computer scientist is decent, you are on your computer 24/7 coding and debugging ..

training.
computers science is 4 years and telecommunication engineering is 5 years.

so if you like a decent job with low risk.. computer Science.
if you like hardware and you have passion for designing and installing communication systems... telecommunication engineering. .
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by ehbraheem(m): 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
emmy4lov:

Annual salary of a telecommunication engineer is higher than that of a computer scientist.

As a computer scientist you can easily work from home, train your self, and also do your studies on part time lectures in most Nigeria unis but Telecom is full time, straight 5 years, and you have to be on site for technical training..

In terms of risk. telecommunication engineers are more exposed to risk they climb mast and high towers and sometimes they are exposed to harmful radiation, computer scientist is decent, you are on your computer 24/7 coding and debugging ..

training.

if you like hardware and you have passion for designing and installing communication systems... telecommunication engineering. .
I would like you help distinguish between Telecommunication engineering and Telecommunication Science. I have firm background in computer science already, I'm advised to choose Telecom science for better chance with admission.
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by emmy4lov(m): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
ehbraheem:

I would like you help distinguish between Telecommunication engineering and Telecommunication Science. I have firm background in computer science already, I'm advised to choose Telecom science for better chance with admission.

Telecommunications science is a 4 yours program and you are trained as a scientist mainly to carry out research and development better systems that address the challenge in the telecom industry..

while telecommunication Engineering is a 5 year program. you are trained as an engineer mainly to maintain, install and repair systems or hardware equipment. .

that's just my point of view, and depending on what you mean by firm background.

if you have OND or Hnd in computer science then you can't do telecommunication engineer. because you will be dealing with electrical hardware system and you need a strong background in electrical or electronic to do that ..

you can easily feat to telecommunication science because of your computer background in coding, and programming will not be a problem for you...
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
Are they comparable? Computer science kor, something wey mama faith pikin dey learn for one cybercafe!!

Telecom Engineering please.
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by emmy4lov(m): 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
beardlessdude:
Are they comparable? Computer science kor, something wey mama faith pikin dey learn for one cybercafe!!

computer science is more to that .. ..it is a very wide Profesion.. you knowing how to design website and code apps doesn't make you a computer scientist bro.
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
emmy4lov:

computer science is more to that .. ..it is a very wide Profesion.. you knowing how to design website and code apps doesn't make you a computer scientist bro.
sorry. Goan read computer science. Rada rada
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by futurevizi(m): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2017
beardlessdude:

lol na so u insult computer science reach sad
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by futurevizi(m): 10:59am On Jun 07, 2017
emmy4lov:

training.

thank very much for the information.
am just damn confused which one to go for. both courses look appalling
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by emmy4lov(m): 11:06am On Jun 07, 2017
futurevizi:

thank very much for the information.
am just damn confused which one to go for. both courses look appalling

you are welcome...

it will be easier for you to gain admission into telecommunication science, because of you background.

if you are starting form 100 level, then you can be offered admission into telecommunication engineering provide you have your 5 credit in your o levels. but 200 and 300 level admission (direct entry) will requires you to have electrical, or computer engineering background.
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by Tope54(m): 11:53am On Jun 07, 2017
What is the difference between Information communication science and Computer Science which is more preferably?
Re: Telecommunication Engineering Or Computer Science - by ehbraheem(m): 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
emmy4lov:

Telecommunications science is a 4 yours program and you are trained as a scientist mainly to carry out research and development better systems that address the challenge in the telecom industry..

while telecommunication Engineering is a 5 year program. you are trained as an engineer mainly to maintain, install and repair systems or hardware equipment. .

that's just my point of view, and depending on what you mean by firm background.

if you have OND or Hnd in computer science then you can't do telecommunication engineer. because you will be dealing with electrical hardware system and you need a strong background in electrical or electronic to do that ..

you can easily feat to telecommunication science because of your computer background in coding, and programming will not be a problem for you...
Thanks a billie

(1) (Reply)

If You Know The Meaning Of This Verse, Your Life Will Remain Blessed Forever / SS1 Civic Education 1st Term Lesson Notes / Neco Nov/dec Registration Is Still On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.