Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) (8139 Views)

Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities / Accident Kills Students Of University of Agriculture, Makurdi (Graphics Photos) / Riot At University Of Agriculture Makurdi After An Accident (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by LasgidiOnline(m): 10:20am On Jun 06, 2017
By Lasgidi Online

Despite the high school fee students of Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi are paying, the school management can't provide adequate water for the students.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-bZ6H5_xjUkE/WTZwjmAF4FI/AAAAAAAAe38/zLA0rm9AzhYLzBQQgEqrB6Y-TjcxVBS5gCLcB/s400/PicsArt_06-06-09.59.51.jpg[/img]
Here are photos shared by blogger Ejiga Godwin, calling the school authorities to come to the aid of the students as the students staying in the hostels are compelled to queue at Block C with their buckets and jerry cans before they can fetch water to use.

What a shame, see more photos below...
[img]http://1.bp..com/-NgmpRyhz1BU/WTZwjh6x14I/AAAAAAAAe34/jvV7QaJtt5ErQ8esiMIhoXcgKgrsC_jCgCLcB/s400/PicsArt_06-06-10.00.35.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Ld8_KVdxXDQ/WTZwkxKYJMI/AAAAAAAAe4I/_Q1-SAMUYncrn1npEj_l6ECn0_gCKccSgCLcB/s1600/PicsArt_06-06-10.03.37.jpg[/img]

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2017/06/university-of-agriculture-makurdi.html
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by LasgidiOnline(m): 10:21am On Jun 06, 2017
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by carzola(m): 11:15am On Jun 06, 2017
So they cant fetch rain
Water..

Or dig a well??

Indomie children..

2 Likes

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by Queenbalikees(f): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
hmm
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by Kingcesar: 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
Tell them to have patience their government still dy invest in their future (empowerment via wheelbarrow enlightenment project) grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by flyca: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
Rossik told me on the other thread that before independece we had no universities in Nigeria. Now we have 200 and more.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is one of our post-independence pride. angry

2 Likes

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
carzola:
So they cant fetch rain
Water..

Or dig a well??

Indomie children..

1.It does not rain everyday

2.Digging a safe well is not a one day project....plus....water might not be clean.

1 Like

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
It is well.
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by anyebedgreat: 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
The school is close to the river Benue and They have a standard water works in there so what's happening?
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by free2ryhme: 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
almost all federal universities have poor water supply

so what is the lamentation about
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
How much is the fees in University of Agric, Makurdi?

Am sure it is not up to N100000 per session.....which isn;t enough for the university's needs.

Am also sure that the university's budget is probably below N10billion. That might sound like much....until you consider that universites abroad spend about $250billion $250 million yearly (Some more than that).

ASUU-FG 2009 agreement was supposed to solve funding issues for Nigerian universities. Until the govt admitted in 2013 that they did not have N3 trillion waiting for university students.

Anyway....a university NEEDS money . Lots of it. We may have to raise fees to as high as N500000 and above before things get better.....or take a loan from IMF.

Modified

University of Agriculture Budget 2016

Total: N5,336, 340,789
Out of which N 5,228, 730,060 WILL be spent on personnel costs (Acada and non-acada staff)

Leaving just 100,000,000 (I billion) for other costs.

Sauce:http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2016pro/EDUCATION.pdf

See the problem? See why fees have to be raised.?

1 Like

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by pythonkid(m): 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
This school has the highest numbers of runs girls
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by free2ryhme: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
carzola:
So they cant fetch rain
Water..

Or dig a well??

Indomie children..

so whose responsibility is it do dig a well

does it rain all the time
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by jericco1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
I don't think it's a new thing. Most Unis have suffered from this.
The government should be responsible if anything happens to the students. Water is very essential.
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by dapyd1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
I predict that in the next 15 - 20 years, federal universities will be a thing of the past.

If started with primary schools, they made sure they 'killed' public primary schools, most of them look like solitary confinement for death row victims.

Then in the early 90s they turned to secondary schools, by the early 2000s they had almost finished all of them too. Only few missionary ones are still standard.
No teachers, unqualified teachers, bad learning environment, no learning materials, unpaid salaries etc.

Now, it's the turn of the universities, no lecturers, lazy lecturers, hostels that look like pig shelters, no water, outdated curriculum etc.

I will be 26 in September, by the time my child is old enough to go to tertiary institution, I doubt there'll be anything left of our federal universities except something is done, and soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
,Nigeria hahahaga, everywhere scatter scatter poor man dey suffer suffer... but sha

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by SalamRushdie: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Benue again? What's up with that state sef

1 Like

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by stefanweeks: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Despite the high school fee students of Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi are paying

This one cracked me up

When i was in private uni those days, i know how we used to 'travel' and queue to fetch water (both boys and girls)

This one no be queue na

All the same, the students deserve better.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by darkroman(m): 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
pythonkid:
This school has the highest numbers of runs girls
who is this uncivilised monkey... They re talking of one thing he is putting his head in another
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by pythonkid(m): 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
darkroman:
who is this uncivilised monkey... They re talking of one thing he is putting his head in another

you ain't talking to ur father bro..
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by KENFERDYOORI(m): 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
Let the administration do something asap
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by tiger28: 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
See how dirty the environment is. They can't even see it because they are immune to it. I guess they are waiting for the school authorities to come and sweep the yard for them. This is evident in most universities in Nigeria, the toilet, bathrooms etc. Dirty Nigerians!!!
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by ogorwyne(f): 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
carzola:
So they cant fetch rain Water..
Or dig a well??
Indomie children..
If rain nor fall how dem go take fetch rain water?
Dem wan dig well inside school? Na their job to do that?
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by Bigii(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
carzola:
So they cant fetch rain
Water..

Or dig a well??

Indomie children..
Obviously you dont belong here. I'm sure you have never step ur foot in any of the academic gate undecided
Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
carzola:
So they cant fetch rain
Water..

Or dig a well??

Indomie children..

Are u serious. I pay room and board and a meal plan then your telling me to go dig a hole. The university should either charge reasonable price so they can accommodate thsee needs. They have thousands of students paying plus tax money coming in.

1 Like

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by adecz: 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
sad

The water situation in Makurdi,
the Benue Capital is both a tragedy
and shame.

The town sits on both sides of River Benue,
the second largest river in Nigeria,
but water supply in this town is a
challenge that has defeated the
Intelligence of the Tiv governors.

The Blackman's problem is spiritual,
generational & consequential of his racial
type.

The black man has no bizness living
in cities & must sooner or later
return to jungle where he rightly belongs
& continue life with his distant cousins,
the gorillas & 'chimpanzoos'.... angry

1 Like

Re: University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
9jakohai:
How much is the fees in University of Agric, Makurdi?

Am sure it is not up to N100000 per session.....which isn;t enough for the university's needs.

Am also sure that the university's budget is probably below N10billion. That might sound like much....until you consider that universites abroad spend about $250billion yearly (Some more than that).

ASUU-FG 2009 agreement was supposed to solve funding issues for Nigerian universities. Until the govt admitted in 2013 that they did not have N3 trillion waiting for university students.

Anyway....a university NEEDS money . Lots of it. We may have to raise fees to as high as N500000 and above before things get better.....or take a loan from IMF.

Modified

University of Agriculture Budget 2016

Total: N5,336, 340,789
Out of which N 5,228, 730,060 WILL be spent on personnel costs (Acada and non-acada staff)

Leaving just 100,000,000 (I billion) for other costs.

Sauce:http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2016pro/EDUCATION.pdf

See the problem? See why fees have to be raised.?
No university in the world spends $250 billion, not even Harvard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti Primary School Teachers To Enjoy Car, Housing Loans, Other Benefits / EBSU Releases Cut-off And Admission Guidelines / Nigerian Science Olympiad Competition Past Questions And Online Assessment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.