Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. (2201 Views)

What Do I Need To Start A Dog Breeding Business? / What Do I Need To Start A Dog Breeding Business? / Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by Gkemz: 11:32am On Jun 06, 2017
I want to venture into a fulltime dog breeding business with area of interest on Boerboel mastiff, Neapolitan mastiff and Rottweilers and maybe little of Caucasian species.
I'm here to seek advise from professional dog breeders in this forum regarding these species as mentioned above. Do these species have strong and reliable market demand. Health wise, the hygiene factor are they disease resistant or are they prone to develop genetic disorder considering their huge size. The last but not the least is feeding, how often do they feed, what kind of food is perfect for them and how to go about sourcing for food. Finally, Is it proper to train these dogs to be very aggressive or that pet dog everyone wish to cuddle.
Your advise and suggestions are so much appreciated. Pls help a brother.
Before now, I've been into dog breeding business when i was assisting my elder brother during my university days, who specialized mainly in German Shepherd, Rottweilers, Caucasians, Great dane and english mastiff. It's been 5yrs since we parted ways and now i want to establish my own. I've been very passionate about dogs and i want to turn my passion for dogs into a profitable business.

1 Like

Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by bobbysaxy: 11:46am On Jun 06, 2017
Let me summarise an advise for u..all these dreams will still remains a dream until u start stocking those dogs one by one...if d business is not profitable u wont see thousands of breeder like u are seein on this platform.pls stock exceptional dog...for solid dogs call or whatsapp.08155560515 for more details...make ur dream a reality

1 Like

Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by Gkemz: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
Thanks bro. Although i don't think you understood my questions. I said I'm about to start, 90% ready. What i really need now is a professional advice so as to understand the fundamental of the business, the startup challenges and how to handle them, market demand. Not as if i don't have the basic knowledge but i need a full knowledge of the business. Nonetheless, I still appreciate ur advise.

3 Likes

Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by bobbysaxy: 1:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
Gkemz:
Thanks bro. Although i don't think you understood my questions. I said I'm about to start, 90% ready. What i really need now is a professional advice so as to understand the fundamental of the business, the startup challenges and how to handle them, market demand. Not as if i don't have the basic knowledge but i need a full knowledge of the business. Nonetheless, I still appreciate ur advise.
whatsapp me privately i will let u know some secrets u need to know and wat to invest on....call or whatsapp.08155560515
Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by DidiLove1: 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
bobbysaxy:
whatsapp me privately i will let u know some secrets u need to know and wat to invest on....call or whatsapp.08155560515

Don't mislead the OP, you are a dog seller NOT a dog breeder. He requested for advise on breeding.

@OP, am not a breeder myself so I don't have much to tell you. However, in all my time in keeping dogs and getting to know other people who do, I have come to realize that the more successful breeders are those ones who specifically breed just one or two breeds and have carved a niche for themselves in doing so. Beginning with the four breeds you mentioned on your post may be very demanding for a beginner. My two pence, start with a single breed or two and get some experience on it before expanding to more breeds. I look forward to seeing your threads when your breeding activities kick off. Good luck.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by blackboy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
You have already mentioned like 3 breeds. That's the mistake many Nigerian dog breeders make - keeping more than one breed. At the end of the day they cross breed and when the puppies arrive they are sold as one breed nor cross to unsuspecting buyers. Trust me it has happened to me. If I see someone with more than 1 breed I won't buy from them. Start with one breed and male and female. Let them be full breed and get from a reputable seller/breeder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by blackboy(m): 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
You have already mentioned like 3 breeds. That's the mistake many Nigerian dog breeders make - keeping more than one breed. At the end of the day they cross breed and when the puppies arrive they are sold as one breed nor cross to unsuspecting buyers. If I see someone with more than 1 breed I won't buy from them. Start with one breed and male and female. Let them be full breed and get from a reputable seller/breeder
Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by bobbysaxy: 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
DidiLove1:

Don't mislead the OP, you are a dog seller NOT a dog breeder. He requested for advise on breeding.

@OP, am not a breeder myself so I don't have much to tell you. However, in all my time in keeping dogs and getting to know other people who do, I have come to realize that the more successful breeders are those ones who specifically breed just one or two breeds and have carved a niche for themselves in doing so. Beginning with the four breeds you mentioned on your post may be very demanding for a beginer. My two pence, start with a single breed or two and get some experience on it before expanding to more breeds. I look forward to seeing your threads when your breeding activities kick off. Good luck.
so over these year ur still on this hate tin...he needs advise on breeding...are u a breeder.?.i am a dog breeder....i do all that concerns dogs....get it rite plssss...as for misleading ur talking about....is there anytin that u tink uu know about dog breeding that sounds strange to me....plssss am not it for ur long time hate....
Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by nelson7777: 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
bobbysaxy:
Let me summarise an advise for u..all these dreams will still remains a dream until u start stocking those dogs one by one...if d business is not profitable u wont see thousands of breeder like u are seein on this platform.pls stock exceptional dog...for solid dogs call or whatsapp.08155560515 for more details...make ur dream a reality

op take this advise cos i made such mistake wen i first started.
and am jst gonna summarise so u gt my point and bobbys point also.

"IT IS BETTER FOR YOU TO HAVE JUST 1 VERY PURE, GOOD QUALITY DOG, THAN TO HAVE 10 INFERIOR LOOKING DOGS""

it will save u time n money..
and with time u cn hv more and more pure dogs.

1 Like

Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by prinzetobi: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
Dog breeding is not profitable. Except you don't want to do things the right way.
Putting two dogs together and having puppies doesn't make you a breeder- far from it.
Venture into the business for the love and love alone.
Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by nelson7777: 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
prinzetobi:
Dog breeding is not profitable. Except you don't want to do things the right way.
Putting two dogs together and having puppies doesn't make you a breeder- far from it.
Venture into the business for the love and love alone.

pls 4rm ur experience cn u help us explain hw its nt profitable, n hw to do tins d right way

i understand d love part
thanks
Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by VivJohn: 6:21am On Jun 07, 2017
Yes @princetobi kindly shed more light on the nonprofitability bit. I honestly feel the economy has forced pet enthusiasts to repriotize wants and needs. There's a high supply of pups/dogs and the pricing is just not as attractive as it once was. Only established breeders e.g Tox kennel jos still manage to sell at very decent prices and this is purely due to their vast network of clients. My top 4 ingredients for success:
1. Passion and love
2. Quality Breeding stock and the right ethics too
3. Get yourself into the right Whatsapp dog breeders groups (trust me.. U really need this for networking and education)
4. Doggedness and a never-give-up spirit. Sales & marketing isn't as easy as u think.
Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by PromiseWealth07(m): 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
VivJohn:
Yes @princetobi kindly shed more light on the nonprofitability bit. I honestly feel the economy has forced pet enthusiasts to repriotize wants and needs. There's a high supply of pups/dogs and the pricing is just not as attractive as it once was. Only established breeders e.g Tox kennel jos still manage to sell at very decent prices and this is purely due to their vast network of clients. My top 4 ingredients for success:
1. Passion and love
2. Quality Breeding stock and the right ethics too
3. Get yourself into the right Whatsapp dog breeders groups (trust me.. U really need this for networking and education)
4. Doggedness and a never-give-up spirit. Sales & marketing isn't as easy as u think.

Please do you have a link to an authentic whatsapp group for dog breeders?
Re: Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. by Iseoluwani: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
PromiseWealth07:

Please do you have a link to an authentic whatsapp group for dog breeders?

https:///AOLc3kp5VRr0mRUtNznSqG

(1) (Reply)

Security Dog Available For Sale / VIDEO: Dog Eats Up Owner Kid To Pieces / Animals Giving Birth Caught On Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.