Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

IELTS Registration - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS Registration (5094 Views)

IELTS Registration And Training In 2020. How To Score High In IELTS? / Steps Involved In IELTS Registration; / TOEFL, PTE & IELTS Registration With Free Study Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IELTS Registration by teraWorldwide: 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
IELTS Registration

Read Below on how to complete your IELTS Registration

You can register for IELTS quickly and easily through our Online Registration Service.

To register, simply follow the steps below:

1 READ THE INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES

Download and read the Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the IELTS Registration, test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for candidates under the age of 16.

2 DECIDE WHICH VERSION OF THE TEST IS RIGHT FOR YOU

There are two versions of the IELTS test:

IELTS Academic
IELTS General Training

Read our simple guide to help you decide which version of the test is right for you.

3 CHECK THE IELTS TEST DATES

There are a limited number of places for all our IELTS test sessions. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register two months before your chosen test date. Of course, places may be available after this date. You can use our Online Registration System to find up-to-date information about test dates and availability.

Please note: Your Listening, Reading and Writing test will be completed on the same day. Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day, or up to a week before or after your main test day. You will receive notification in advance if your Speaking test is on a different day to your main test day.

4. REGISTER ONLINE

Use our Online Registration System to book your place on the test. Please ensure you are able to provide the documents in step 5 and are able to pay using bank drafts.

5. PREPARE AND UPLOAD YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT

Candidates can now upload sanned (.jpeg, .gif and .png formats) copy of bio data page of their international passport on the portal while registering. Please be informed that you must upload your international passport before you can complete your registration. UPLOAD your identification document directly to the registration site. Your scanned identity document must contain:

Your I.D number
2. Your signature
3. Your date of birth
4. Your photograph
5. Your I.D expiry date
Your scanned document must be in JPEG, GIF or PNG format. The dimensions must be smaller than 1600 by 1600 pixels and the file size should be 1.5MB or less. Please note that if you do not upload a valid international passport, your registration will not be processed and you will pay a fee to be transferred to the next test session. Also note that we will not accept Identification document (international passport) sent via email.

6 PAY FOR YOUR TEST DATE

You can pay for your test via Bank draft only. Online payment is currently unavailable. See Notice to applicants below.

**Test fee payment of NGN68, 000 is to be made by bank draft to British Council.

Please see our contact page for details of our opening hours.

7. COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION

Candidates who pay offline should send their printed application summary, bank draft and a copy of international passport via courier or take them in person to their closest British Council office.

We need to receive all documents within five working days of your online registration. Unfortunately, if we do not receive documents within five working days your application will be cancelled.

We cannot process incomplete applications, so please make sure you have sent us all the necessary information.

8. AFTER YOU REGISTER

After IELTS Registration and payment, you will receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS

We will send you a confirmation email 4-10 days before the test date giving you the start time of your test and the venue address. If you do not receive your confirmation, please contact your local British Council office.

For more information please contact our Exams Services at exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org.

SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS

IELTS is designed to be a fair test and your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any special needs that you may have.

We can help you with any special arrangements you require for your test. For example, we offer support for people with visual impairments, hearing difficulties and dyslexia.

Please contact us three months in advance of your test date to find out how you can apply for special arrangements.

REFUNDS

If you want to request a refund, please read our refund policy prior to making a request.

Please note that if you cancel your test session, you will be refunded 75% of the fee, as a 25% administrative fee will be charged. Should you cancel less than five weeks before the test, British Council has the right to retain the whole fee.

If you transfer your test date, you will also be charged an administrative fee of 25% of the test fee.

You can apply for a refund:

If you cancel your IELTS registration at least five weeks before the test date. You will receive a refund of the test fee, minus an administration fee of 25% of the test fee.
If you cancel your IELTS registration within five weeks or less of the test date, you will not receive a refund unless you can provide appropriate evidence to support your cancellation. If you want to do this, please contact us. We will need to receive your request and supporting evidence at least five days before the test date.
TEST DAY TRANSFERS

Test dates can be transferred five weeks prior to the Test date under the following circumstances: serious illness, bereavement, hardship/trauma, and military service. (Documentary evidence must be provided). You will be charged 25% of the test fee for test date transfer once your application has been approved.

Notice to applicants

Due to technical issues relating to online payment for IELTS test, we encourage candidates to pay offline for Standard IELTS, IELTS for UKVI and Life Skills test via bank draft raised in favour of British Council from any Nigerian bank.
IELTS results can only be collected on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Candidates in Port Harcourt can only collect their results on Wednesdays. We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.
Candidates are expected to upload a copy of the bio-data pages of their international passport into the system at the point of registering for the test. We will not process registration if candidates have failed to upload their international passport. Also note that we will not accept international passport sent via email.
Some banks may charge various fees for online card transactions, we strongly advise that you check the policy of your relevant card issuing authority or check with your bank before proceeding with online payment. British Council does not charge/receive more than the required amount for the test.
Test fee payment of NGN 68,000 is to be made by bank draft to British Council.

Source: https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/registration

For More information on IELTS Registration read more in our blog

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS Registration by onosgregg(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
@onosgregg 7 Steps IELTS Coaching Method
@onosgregg IELTS step-by-step prep/coaching method
Step 1: Evaluation test
My very first engagement with an IELTS client is to conduct an evaluation test. That way we I am able to ascertain my client’s strengths and weaknesses before we get in the prep and coaching proper.
Step 2: Understanding IELTS test-band descriptors (Get in the mind of an IELTS examiner)
After conducting the first evaluation test, I then walk my clients through the IELTS test-band score. That way I help my clients get in the mind of the IELTS examiner. Basically understanding what’s expected of you.
Step 3: In-depth coaching and exercises for all 4 IELTS modules
This is by far the most essential and critical stage of my coaching process with a client. This is where we carry out actual exercises for all modules; Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
Step 4: Evaluation test
After carrying out thorough coaching and exercises we then conduct a second evaluation test. This time to see marked improvement in the client’s proficiency.
Step 5: Reinforce your understanding of IELTS test-band score
Reinforcing the IELTS band descriptors will impress in the mind of my client the need to get in the mind of examiner and be prepared to write and test by the rule.
Step 6: Walk through coaching and exercises
A walk through coaching and exercises will get my client prepared for our final evaluation test.
Step 7: Final evaluation test
On this final stage, the final evaluation test I get my client prepared for his/her IELTS proficiency test.

Not many IELTS tutors follow this process. However, this is a tested method. Please drop a comment share and repost.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Drone Made By FUTO Students / NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (NOUN) - IKORODU STUDY CENTRE / Billionaire Arthur Eze Donates 5 Billion Naira To Anambra State Government(video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.