Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi (19394 Views)

Man Kills Friend Over Ownership Of Girlfriend In Bauchi / Men Who Sexually Assaulted 9 Horses, Cow, Goat & Dogs Bag 41 Imprisonment In US / Air Strikes Killing Innocent Villagers Not Bandits - Zamfara Emirs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by ganisucks(f): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
The Bauchi State Government on Tuesday said it spent a total of N96 million to purchase horses for the six emirate councils in the state in the last two year.
The Commissioner for Local government Affairs, Nasurudeen Mohammed, disclosed this at press conference in Bauchi, the state capital.
He listed the emirate councils as Bauchi, Misau, Dass, Jamare, Katagum and Ningi.
“N96 million was expended by this administration in the last two years for purchase of horses to six emirate councils to maintain the tradition and culture of the state,” Mr. Mohammed said.
Bauchi is one of Nigeria’s poorest states. In 2015, a United Nations poverty index report said 86.6 per cent of state’s residents were poor.
The commissioner who his ministry was responsible for coordinating the activities of the 20 local government areas in the state, explained that gesture was as a result of the request by the emirate councils.
He explained that the ministry served as a liaison office between the three tiers of government to ensure prudent releases.
Mr. Mohammed also said the sum of N72.9 million was spent by the ministry to print uniform indigenes certificates for all the local government areas.

He also said the sum of N55 million was used to print and distribute revenue receipt for all the local government areas.
He said the state government spent N8.9 million to organise Inter-Local Government and Governor’s Cup competition.
Mr. Mohammed stated that the government settled legal fees and debts owed by some local government council areas to safeguard the image of the government.
The local government areas, according to him, are Shira, Alkaleri, Dambam, Misau, Bauchi, Giade and Toro.

www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/233230-despite-rampant-poverty-bauchi-spends-n96-million-on-horses-for-emirs.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by adisabarber(m): 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good, now your people can be eating horses.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by NwaAmaikpe: 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
I hope those horses drive them to their graves...

96million that would have been used for the betterment of the people

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Bossontop(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
Its really unfortunate....96M on horses and na una get beggars pass any body, na una get IDP camps, poor educational standards, low standard of living, poverty etc and u r proud to make dis kind of announcement.....really is a sad tin to c such wastage on misplaced priorities.........smd

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by MDsambo: 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Oh God pls save us from dis clueless party, clueless president, clueless legislators, clueless governors.

16 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by greenermodels: 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
i don't want to be in the same country with these people, they're genetically programmed to be poor and backward, Next would be money spent to sponsor hajj to Mecca, build mosque etc while their schools lack qualified teachers.
Fulani armed robbers, Fulani kidnappers, Fulani terrorists and rapists, boko haram,forced child marriages, homosexuality,gangs of drug addicts, politicized and perverted pastors etc are common daily experiences in the north.your English sef is a disaster.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by MDsambo: 10:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
greenermodels:
i don't want to be in the same country with these people, they're genetically programmed to be poor and backward, Next would be money spent to sponsor hajj to Mecca, build mosque etc while their schools lack qualified teachers.

Baby factories, arm robbers, kidnappers, ritualists, militants, pervert pastors, area boys are all found in the north ryt?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Vision4God: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Which kind governor b ds?
Apc unveiling different government talent

6 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by jjjjj2017: 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
aboki & empty head sha

15 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
Lalasticlala night don come oh

1 Like

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by adadike281(f): 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
I am proudly asking biafrans in d north to return home. just imagine d set of people we are sharing same country with?

29 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
It seems the Islam this Noryherners practise is the same backward one the Arabs practised in early 19th century

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by akpamuomenka: 2:10am On Jun 07, 2017
MDsambo:

Baby factories, arm robbers, kidnappers, ritualists, militants, pervert pastors, area boys are all found in the north ryt?

Your Boko Haram have done worst.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Desyner: 2:15am On Jun 07, 2017
ganisucks:
I want to be a fulani islamist. Then i can get lots of niger delta free oil money with no sweat, drink beer, ride horses, drive flashy cars, spit on the faces of my people, own a group of yoruba slaves to help me fight my make believe social media enemies, rape and forcefully disvirgin 12 yr old girls, kill all the southern nigerians i hate and get away with all my many crimes. Now who wouldn't want that life
Stop trying to be the FTC and start being the FTMS - First To Make Sense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 07, 2017
MDsambo:

yeah the north is paradise void of vices...you only have child marriges, armed robberies, kidnappers, ritualists, boko haram, devilish alfas, fulani herdsmen, rapists and alhajis who molest young boys...oh i almost forgot your ladies who chop off the d*cks of their mates babies and the others who lock up children to die of hunger...there is evil everywhere despite our "high level" of religousity.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by inkzpatty(m): 2:38am On Jun 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by greenermodels: 3:37am On Jun 07, 2017
MDsambo:

Fulani armed robbers, Fulani kidnappers, Fulani terrorists and rapists, gangs of drug addicts, politicized and perverted pastors etc are common daily experiences in the north.your English sef is a disaster.

7 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by uboma(m): 5:22am On Jun 07, 2017
Misplaced priorities.....

1 Like

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 07, 2017
MDsambo:

A state as quoted from the text stated it was the poorest on its own, affirmed by the united nations... but still went ahead with N96m for horses?...

Does that sound rational to you?
Thats should be the context of discussion.. everything you listed are individual created problems by low lifes who cant seem to do better with their lives. But N96m for horses is a general commonwealth and very bad.

Cant horses reproduce, since horses are very important to the culture which is great.. but the reproduction would cut cost.

18 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Paperwhite(m): 5:47am On Jun 07, 2017
Just imagine human reasoning in the 21st.century? Proudly spending millions on horses or building mosques? Talking about a region whose IGR is so abysmal that they have to depend on Federal allocation to survive? Places ravage by extreme poverty,extreme religion intolerance,gross illiteracy,chronic disease/malnutrition but perpetually having misplaced priority? And these are the people I'm sharing nationality with .I still maintain,restructure or divide this shot hole of a country. angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 07, 2017
And to the Bauchi state government, this is an achievement??

3 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by chynie: 6:34am On Jun 07, 2017
Please what do northerners smoke?
Their region is so backward yet their elders,elites and politicians do nothing tangible to improve things

2 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by omowolewa: 6:38am On Jun 07, 2017
Pride that would impoverize the poor.

They no want Ferrari, them not want you range ooo oo o; they say na your horse o! Them belong to you and you belong to them.......

4 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 07, 2017
grin
Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Wizkhalifa2(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2017
He also said the sum of N55 million was used to print and distribute revenue receipt for all the local government areas.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

20 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2017
mumu people

4 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by DrObum(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2017
Nigeria!
Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by maxiuc(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2017
I said it earlier very soon government will start paying for masquerade festivals

4 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by MARKone(m): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2017
V12 Bugatti Horses.. grin This country ehen...

1 Like

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by mmsen: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2017
ganisucks:
I want to be a fulani islamist. Then i can get lots of niger delta free oil money with no sweat, drink beer, ride horses, drive flashy cars, spit on the faces of my people, own a group of yoruba slaves to help me fight my make believe social media enemies, rape and forcefully disvirgin 12 yr old girls, kill all the southern nigerians i hate and get away with all my many crimes. Now who wouldn't want that life

I wouldn't want to do that because I'm not an immoral piece of excrement like those people are.

4 Likes

Re: N96 Million Spent On Horses For 6 Emirs In Bauchi by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2017
That is how they spend our oil money.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing A Little Girl / NDLEA Uncovers Drug Cartel In Enugu Airport / Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.